GIGABYTE GTX 9xx H2O/AIR BIOS Tweaking ?(ô?ô)? - Page 281 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

GIGABYTE GTX 9xx H2O/AIR BIOS Tweaking ?(ô?ô)?

Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #2801 of 7848 (permalink) Old 12-18-2015, 01:13 PM - Thread Starter
Maximum_Unleashed
 
Laithan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: United States
Posts: 3,695
Rep: 499 (Unique: 264)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skunk34 View Post

Hi Laithan!
I buy one Gtx 980Ti Xtreme Waterforce biggrin.gif
Of course i try your bios setting but my Corsair CS 650W is not good for overclock this card mad.gif

With 980 firestrike 13 850 and 980Ti 17 091
Thank you for your nice job!! thumb.gif

Why my card is not named correctly in result of Futurmark? Generic VGA!!

Congratz!
The first Waterforce owner to post here! band.gif

Yes the 650W is a bit underpowered, I can see you were running into PWR perfcaps too.

When there is a new driver released 3DMark doesn't recognize it until they "certify it" in the APP. That is safe to ignore.


Looks like you bumped up the voltage also wink.gif

GIGABYTE GTX 9xx G1 GAMING BIOS Tweaking
  ̿̿ ̿̿ ̿̿ ̿̿̿'̿'\̵͇̿̿\з=༼ຈل͜ຈ༽=ε/̵͇̿̿/'̿'̿ ̿ ̿̿ ̿̿ ̿̿  
░▒▓│ FORKAY‼ «  » WΘΘT ‼ │▓▒░
Xeon E5-1680 V2 (IVY-E) Inside


Laithan is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2802 of 7848 (permalink) Old 12-18-2015, 01:21 PM
New to Overclock.net
 
grasskisser's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 15
Rep: 0
Hey. I've been using your 980 g1 bios for a while and i've reached stable clocks with the max boost. I have a problem though. While playing less demanding games, my card downclocks to 1290 core with just 1.087 mV voltage which leads to a TDR after a while sometimes. Any way you can edit my bios so it draws 1.2 mV for 1290 core? I'll attach the bios. Thank you. 980_d_d.zip 136k .zip file
Attached Files
File Type: zip 980_d_d.zip (136.1 KB, 2 views)
grasskisser is offline  
post #2803 of 7848 (permalink) Old 12-18-2015, 02:24 PM - Thread Starter
Maximum_Unleashed
 
Laithan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: United States
Posts: 3,695
Rep: 499 (Unique: 264)
Quote:
Originally Posted by grasskisser View Post

Hey. I've been using your 980 g1 bios for a while and i've reached stable clocks with the max boost. I have a problem though. While playing less demanding games, my card downclocks to 1290 core with just 1.087 mV voltage which leads to a TDR after a while sometimes. Any way you can edit my bios so it draws 1.2 mV for 1290 core? I'll attach the bios. Thank you. 980_d_d.zip 136k .zip file

Thanks for the feedback, I saw that with some early testing on the 980Ti also but never saw on the 980. Give this a try and let me know if it fixes it.

980_d_d.edit.zip 136k .zip file
Attached Files
File Type: zip 980_d_d.edit.zip (136.1 KB, 3 views)

GIGABYTE GTX 9xx G1 GAMING BIOS Tweaking
  ̿̿ ̿̿ ̿̿ ̿̿̿'̿'\̵͇̿̿\з=༼ຈل͜ຈ༽=ε/̵͇̿̿/'̿'̿ ̿ ̿̿ ̿̿ ̿̿  
░▒▓│ FORKAY‼ «  » WΘΘT ‼ │▓▒░
Xeon E5-1680 V2 (IVY-E) Inside


Laithan is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2804 of 7848 (permalink) Old 12-18-2015, 02:54 PM
New to Overclock.net
 
grasskisser's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 15
Rep: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laithan View Post

Thanks for the feedback, I saw that with some early testing on the 980Ti also but never saw on the 980. Give this a try and let me know if it fixes it.

980_d_d.edit.zip 136k .zip file

I've tried the modified bios and now it downclocks to 1290 and 1.125 mV instead of 1.087. I have to test further to see if i get another tdr. Thanks alot for the quick reply.
grasskisser is offline  
post #2805 of 7848 (permalink) Old 12-19-2015, 05:54 AM
New to Overclock.net
 
Fanu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Posts: 369
Rep: 0
Is this a good OC?

core: 1542MHz (+150Mhz)
memory 8200MHz (+600MHz)
GPU Overclock: +13%
Mem Overclock: +17%

stock, on air
GPU temp doesnt go above 63C

http://www.techpowerup.com/gpuz/details.php?id=99z49

X370 Crosshair VI Extreme || Ryzen 2700X + be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 4 || G.Skill Trident Z 2x8GB 3333CL14 || MSI 1080Ti Gaming X || Samsung EVO 960 500GB + Crucial MX500 500GB m.2 + Crucial MX500 1TB m.2 || 650W Seasonic Prime Platinum || be quiet! Dark Base 700 & 4xSilent Wings 3 140mm 1600RPM PWM || LG 32GK850G 1440p 165Hz Gsync || Xbox One gamepad || CoolerMaster Masterkeys Pro S || Wireless Logitech G403 || Windows 10 Pro x64
Fanu is offline  
post #2806 of 7848 (permalink) Old 12-19-2015, 06:41 AM - Thread Starter
Maximum_Unleashed
 
Laithan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: United States
Posts: 3,695
Rep: 499 (Unique: 264)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fanu View Post

Is this a good OC?

core: 1542MHz (+150Mhz)
memory 8200MHz (+600MHz)
GPU Overclock: +13%
Mem Overclock: +17%

stock, on air
GPU temp doesnt go above 63C

http://www.techpowerup.com/gpuz/details.php?id=99z49

Yup thumb.gif

Anything over 1500+ is good.

GIGABYTE GTX 9xx G1 GAMING BIOS Tweaking
  ̿̿ ̿̿ ̿̿ ̿̿̿'̿'\̵͇̿̿\з=༼ຈل͜ຈ༽=ε/̵͇̿̿/'̿'̿ ̿ ̿̿ ̿̿ ̿̿  
░▒▓│ FORKAY‼ «  » WΘΘT ‼ │▓▒░
Xeon E5-1680 V2 (IVY-E) Inside


Laithan is offline  
post #2807 of 7848 (permalink) Old 12-19-2015, 06:48 AM
New to Overclock.net
 
Skunk34's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 31
Rep: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laithan View Post

Congratz!
The first Waterforce owner to post here! band.gif

Yes the 650W is a bit underpowered, I can see you were running into PWR perfcaps too.

When there is a new driver released 3DMark doesn't recognize it until they "certify it" in the APP. That is safe to ignore.


Looks like you bumped up the voltage also wink.gif

Thank you Laithan!! smile.gif

I need time for buy one 1200 or 1500W... Also i have idee to optimised my overclock Cpu for win few Watt!! lol
Cpu i7 4790K 4.8Ghz 1.3v decrease to 1.165525 Occt is ok for 2h

After few test on Oc 980Ti, i see no perfcaps!!!! band.gifbiggrin.gif
Look that with Corsair CS 650w:




In few day i try to find the best Oc for my card with ASIC 78.6% mad.gif

Why your bios for 980Ti Xtreme is not on first page?

CPU i7 4790K Graphics Gigabyte Gtx 980Ti Xtreme Waterforce
Motherboard Asus Gene VII RAM Kingston DDR 3 2400Mhz 16Go
Skunk34 is offline  
post #2808 of 7848 (permalink) Old 12-19-2015, 07:22 AM - Thread Starter
Maximum_Unleashed
 
Laithan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: United States
Posts: 3,695
Rep: 499 (Unique: 264)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skunk34 View Post

Thank you Laithan!! smile.gif

I need time for buy one 1200 or 1500W... Also i have idee to optimised my overclock Cpu for win few Watt!! lol
Cpu i7 4790K 4.8Ghz 1.3v decrease to 1.165525 Occt is ok for 2h

After few test on Oc 980Ti, i see no perfcaps!!!! band.gifbiggrin.gif
Look that with Corsair CS 650w:




In few day i try to find the best Oc for my card with ASIC 78.6% mad.gif

Why your bios for 980Ti Xtreme is not on first page?

Awesome! specool.gif

We needed a tester. Thanks for stepping up!
cheers.gif

Thanks for the feedback, keep it coming. wheee.gif
I've updated the OP so others can find the post.

I thought this new GIF was appropriate for the new testing efforts biggrin.gif
Animated (Click to show)
PhotoScape

GIGABYTE GTX 9xx G1 GAMING BIOS Tweaking
  ̿̿ ̿̿ ̿̿ ̿̿̿'̿'\̵͇̿̿\з=༼ຈل͜ຈ༽=ε/̵͇̿̿/'̿'̿ ̿ ̿̿ ̿̿ ̿̿  
░▒▓│ FORKAY‼ «  » WΘΘT ‼ │▓▒░
Xeon E5-1680 V2 (IVY-E) Inside


Laithan is offline  
post #2809 of 7848 (permalink) Old 12-19-2015, 03:08 PM
New to Overclock.net
 
MikeGR7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Germany
Posts: 178
Rep: 19 (Unique: 13)
And now you have TWO testers!

I have the aircooled Xtreme and it's working great with your BIOS!
I can confirm NO PERFCAPS whatsoever.

Works great @1530/2000!
Passed two hours of [email protected] QHD ULTRA 8XMSAA and just because i'm cruel i even punished it with two hours of FURMARK!

Some more info on the card for anyone interested it run the above with steady 65C with the [email protected]%.
Asic is 72.8% and mine comes with samsung memory.
It's a retail part i bought yesterday from the shop.

One request Laithan:
The fan can spin at about 3900rpm but now goes till 3600. Can you release the rest rpm?

Keep up the good work man and feel free to use me as a tester in the future!

Mike
MikeGR7 is offline  
post #2810 of 7848 (permalink) Old 12-19-2015, 04:06 PM - Thread Starter
Maximum_Unleashed
 
Laithan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: United States
Posts: 3,695
Rep: 499 (Unique: 264)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeGR7 View Post

And now you have TWO testers!

I have the aircooled Xtreme and it's working great with your BIOS!
I can confirm NO PERFCAPS whatsoever.

Works great @1530/2000!
Passed two hours of [email protected] QHD ULTRA 8XMSAA and just because i'm cruel i even punished it with two hours of FURMARK!

Some more info on the card for anyone interested it run the above with steady 65C with the [email protected]%.
Asic is 72.8% and mine comes with samsung memory.
It's a retail part i bought yesterday from the shop.

One request Laithan:
The fan can spin at about 3900rpm but now goes till 3600. Can you release the rest rpm?

Keep up the good work man and feel free to use me as a tester in the future!

Mike

Thanks for the feedback!
Yes I can unlock the full RPM. It can actually go to 4,200rpm.



How to read the fan settings:

GREEN = 1st fan profile. This is currently configured for FANLESS mode. Once the GPU reaches 55C the fans will turn on @ 1,470RPM.

RED = 2nd fan profile. This is currently configured for 77% fan speed @ 3,234RPM. This means from 55C to 75C, the rpm will gradually increase from 1,470RPM to 3,234RPM.

BLUE = 3rd fan profile. This is currently configured for 100% fan speed @ 4,200RPM. This means from 75C to 85C, the rpm will gradually increase from 3,234RPM to 4,200RPM.

ORANGE = Overall MIN/MAX rpm values and associated percentage for those overall values.


EDIT: REMOVED out-dated BIOS posted

Let me know how this works. Of course a custom fan profile can further customize the fan speeds, now with the RPM limit lifted smile.gif

GIGABYTE GTX 9xx G1 GAMING BIOS Tweaking
  ̿̿ ̿̿ ̿̿ ̿̿̿'̿'\̵͇̿̿\з=༼ຈل͜ຈ༽=ε/̵͇̿̿/'̿'̿ ̿ ̿̿ ̿̿ ̿̿  
░▒▓│ FORKAY‼ «  » WΘΘT ‼ │▓▒░
Xeon E5-1680 V2 (IVY-E) Inside


Laithan is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off