GIGABYTE GTX 9xx H2O/AIR BIOS Tweaking ?(ô?ô)? - Page 290 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

GIGABYTE GTX 9xx H2O/AIR BIOS Tweaking ?(ô?ô)?

Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #2891 of 7850 (permalink) Old 12-27-2015, 08:04 AM - Thread Starter
Maximum_Unleashed
 
Laithan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: United States
Posts: 3,699
Rep: 500 (Unique: 265)
Quote:
Originally Posted by THEREALNeo View Post

I've tried pushing memory clock,a "little" up,to 4 Ghz...
I've scored this on Unigine Heaven,I don't know if it's a good result:




GpuZ,into the log file,show a maximum of these values:


Core Mem Temp Fan Fan rpm Memory load Gpu load TDP VDDC

, 1531.0 , 2000.7 , 63.0 , 76 , 2402 , 1219 , 99 , 61 , 0 , 0 , 90.1 , 0 , 1.2750 ,

Yup! Looks good!

Now you can experiment to find your max stable overclock. I recommend using FFXIV free benchmark @ 4K max settings. If you can pass ONE full run, I say you are stable thumb.gif


PS. Watch your temps. A custom fan curve is required now, stock fan curve is not aggressive enough. Don't be surprised if you may need to add a supplemental fan next to the GPU

GIGABYTE GTX 9xx G1 GAMING BIOS Tweaking
  ̿̿ ̿̿ ̿̿ ̿̿̿'̿'\̵͇̿̿\з=༼ຈل͜ຈ༽=ε/̵͇̿̿/'̿'̿ ̿ ̿̿ ̿̿ ̿̿  
░▒▓│ FORKAY‼ «  » WΘΘT ‼ │▓▒░
Xeon E5-1680 V2 (IVY-E) Inside


Laithan is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2892 of 7850 (permalink) Old 12-27-2015, 08:15 AM
New to Overclock.net
 
drop24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 257
Rep: 6 (Unique: 6)
I think maybe Afterburner is causing crashes with the new Nvidia drivers.

Just so no one is confused the new batch of G1's with the Samsung memory are still called Revision 1.0 on the box.
drop24 is offline  
post #2893 of 7850 (permalink) Old 12-27-2015, 08:25 AM - Thread Starter
Maximum_Unleashed
 
Laithan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: United States
Posts: 3,699
Rep: 500 (Unique: 265)
Quote:
Originally Posted by drop24 View Post

I think maybe Afterburner is causing crashes with the new Nvidia drivers.

Just so no one is confused the new batch of G1's with the Samsung memory are still called Revision 1.0 on the box.

Thanks for sharing... wow, guess Gigabyte wants to make us dig smile.gif

Perhaps I shouldn't refer to them as revisions then and instead call them "Batches" I suppose redface.gif


Anyway hope that helped clarify and if you get better results with the HYNIX BIOS, that's also very interesting and may be something to note as an "alternative test" for the adventurous. smile.gif

Can you also please clarify/verify that your card came with F10 STOCK?

GIGABYTE GTX 9xx G1 GAMING BIOS Tweaking
  ̿̿ ̿̿ ̿̿ ̿̿̿'̿'\̵͇̿̿\з=༼ຈل͜ຈ༽=ε/̵͇̿̿/'̿'̿ ̿ ̿̿ ̿̿ ̿̿  
░▒▓│ FORKAY‼ «  » WΘΘT ‼ │▓▒░
Xeon E5-1680 V2 (IVY-E) Inside


Laithan is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2894 of 7850 (permalink) Old 12-27-2015, 08:31 AM
New to Overclock.net
 
THEREALNeo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Posts: 12
Rep: 2 (Unique: 1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by arrow0309 View Post

Yeah, but only after you've maxed the two (red marked above) sliders, in order to get the 1531 boost and no more perfcaps wink.gif
I personally don't use msi afterburner but nvidia inspector for that, it's your choice
Perfect and nice temps also
For the stability also try some runs of FFXIV Heavensward, maxed and in 4k (with nvidia dsr) thumb.gif
Let us see the result wink.gif


Downloading right now!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laithan View Post

Yup! Looks good!

Now you can experiment to find your max stable overclock. I recommend using FFXIV free benchmark @ 4K max settings. If you can pass ONE full run, I say you are stable thumb.gif


PS. Watch your temps. A custom fan curve is required now, stock fan curve is not aggressive enough. Don't be surprised if you may need to add a supplemental fan next to the GPU





I've set the GPU fans,to 100% when it reach 70°.
Using Assetto Corsa,the GPU have reached a max temp of 65°.

THEREALNeo is offline  
post #2895 of 7850 (permalink) Old 12-27-2015, 08:38 AM - Thread Starter
Maximum_Unleashed
 
Laithan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: United States
Posts: 3,699
Rep: 500 (Unique: 265)
CHEAP AND REALLY EFFECTIVE WAY TO ENHANCE YOUR GPU COOLING

I mentioned this a while back and I finally got around to taking some pictures to show you rather than tell you. The 80mm fan sits just perfect right on top of the GPU.

What you need:
(1) Tie Wraps / Zip ties whatever you call them in your area. The "standard" size I guess not too small and not too large. They have to fit SNUG in the corner holes of the fan used. Use colored ones if you want, they have all kinds of colors.

(2) 80mm fan (ball bearing preferred). You don't need a high rpm fan that will make a lot of noise but you also don't want a "junk fan" either. If you want to get fancy, use a PWM fan that you can control the RPM to "dial it in".










You will be amazed at how much a little 80mm fan can help. Heat rises. You can experiment with the orientation of the fan to blow down or blow up. Sometimes blowing down on the gpu will spread the air across the backplate and cool more effectively.

You can also adjust the length of the zip ties/tie wraps to adjust the amount of open space between the fan and the GPU.

Give it a try, it is cheap and it may help with stability or possibly even a higher O/C.
cool.gif

GIGABYTE GTX 9xx G1 GAMING BIOS Tweaking
  ̿̿ ̿̿ ̿̿ ̿̿̿'̿'\̵͇̿̿\з=༼ຈل͜ຈ༽=ε/̵͇̿̿/'̿'̿ ̿ ̿̿ ̿̿ ̿̿  
░▒▓│ FORKAY‼ «  » WΘΘT ‼ │▓▒░
Xeon E5-1680 V2 (IVY-E) Inside


Laithan is offline  
post #2896 of 7850 (permalink) Old 12-27-2015, 09:26 AM
New to Overclock.net
 
THEREALNeo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Posts: 12
Rep: 2 (Unique: 1)
So,this is the result:




FINAL FANTASY XIV: Heavensward Benchmark
Tested on: 27/12/2015 18:22:43
Score: 3905
Average Frame Rate: 29.962
Performance: High
-Easily capable of running the game. Should perform well, even at higher resolutions.
Loading Times by Scene
Scene #1 1.235 sec
Scene #2 5.263 sec
Scene #3 4.510 sec
Scene #4 3.960 sec
Scene #5 3.983 sec
Scene #6 2.321 sec
Total Loading Time 21.272 sec



Do I have to set something higher?




EDIT:

One try at 1920x1080 (Maximum settings)





FINAL FANTASY XIV: Heavensward Benchmark
Tested on: 27/12/2015 18:43:25
Score: 12715
Average Frame Rate: 97.838
Performance: Extremely High
-Easily capable of running the game on the highest settings.

THEREALNeo is offline  
post #2897 of 7850 (permalink) Old 12-27-2015, 09:47 AM
New to Overclock.net
 
drop24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 257
Rep: 6 (Unique: 6)
I take back what I saw about F10 being less stable than F4. They are equal. It was the new Nvidia driver that was causing the crashes possibly due to Afterburner. After I rolled back the drivers I found I could match my F4 OC but not surpass it. Memory overclock also. Yes, I have the Samsung memory and the cards came stock with F10 so that's what I'll use. I feel lucky I didn't brick my cards since I didn't realize there were different bios for different G1 980 Ti's. I should have checked that myself before flashing. Got away with it this time though.
drop24 is offline  
post #2898 of 7850 (permalink) Old 12-27-2015, 10:32 AM
Gaming Overclocker
 
arrow0309's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Manchester, UK
Posts: 1,877
Rep: 71 (Unique: 51)
Quote:
Originally Posted by THEREALNeo View Post

I've tried pushing memory clock,a "little" up,to 4 Ghz...
I've scored this on Unigine Heaven,I don't know if it's a good result:




GpuZ,into the log file,show a maximum of these values:


Core Mem Temp Fan Fan rpm Memory load Gpu load TDP VDDC

, 1531.0 , 2000.7 , 63.0 , 76 , 2402 , 1219 , 99 , 61 , 0 , 0 , 90.1 , 0 , 1.2750 ,
Quote:
Originally Posted by THEREALNeo View Post

So,this is the result:




FINAL FANTASY XIV: Heavensward Benchmark
Tested on: 27/12/2015 18:22:43
Score: 3905
Average Frame Rate: 29.962
Performance: High
-Easily capable of running the game. Should perform well, even at higher resolutions.
Loading Times by Scene
Scene #1 1.235 sec
Scene #2 5.263 sec
Scene #3 4.510 sec
Scene #4 3.960 sec
Scene #5 3.983 sec
Scene #6 2.321 sec
Total Loading Time 21.272 sec



Do I have to set something higher?




EDIT:

One try at 1920x1080 (Maximum settings)





FINAL FANTASY XIV: Heavensward Benchmark
Tested on: 27/12/2015 18:43:25
Score: 12715
Average Frame Rate: 97.838
Performance: Extremely High
-Easily capable of running the game on the highest settings.

Test mainly on high resolutions, like 4k or 1440p
Not bad your score in 4k, is your cpu also in oc?

This is my (first) ffxiv biosmodded score (gtx 980):



Also, look of my tests and benchmarks at 1531 / 7000 and higher oc (lots of them) here: cool.gif

https://www.overclock.net/t/1544574/gigabyte-gtx-9xx-g1-gaming-h2o-air-bios-tweaking/2260#post_24515526

Arrow RTX
(15 items)
CPU
i9 7900X 4.8GHz @Heatkiller IV Pro
Motherboard
ROG Rampage VI Apex
GPU
RTX 2080 ti @ Vector Acetal RGB
RAM
G.Skill F4-3200C14Q-32GTZSW @4000
Hard Drive
Samsung 960 Pro 512Gb, 860 Evo 1Tb
Hard Drive
Toshiba X300 4Tb, 2,5" Seagate 5Tb
Power Supply
SuperFlower Titanium 1000W
Cooling
Cooled by EKWB, Watercool, Alphacool, XSPC, Aquacomputer
Cooling
XSPC RX360 v3, Alphacool Monsta 420, UT60 280mm
Case
Corsair Graphite 780T
Monitor
Acer Predator X34P @120hz
Keyboard
G.Skill Ripjaws KM780 RGB
Mouse
Logitech G900
Audio
Corsair Void RGB
Other
Powered by Aquaero 6
▲ hide details ▲
arrow0309 is offline  
post #2899 of 7850 (permalink) Old 12-27-2015, 11:04 AM
New to Overclock.net
 
THEREALNeo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Posts: 12
Rep: 2 (Unique: 1)
No overclock for my CPU,cause it's a "non-K" 3770.

I'm happy to know that my Gtx970 run's well!

Thanks!


A little OT: I can't post from Tapatalk,using my Nexus 5x,I have always to open this thread into my browser...

THEREALNeo is offline  
post #2900 of 7850 (permalink) Old 12-27-2015, 11:46 AM
Gaming Overclocker
 
arrow0309's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Manchester, UK
Posts: 1,877
Rep: 71 (Unique: 51)
Quote:
Originally Posted by THEREALNeo View Post

No overclock for my CPU,cause it's a "non-K" 3770.

I'm happy to know that my Gtx970 run's well!

Thanks!


A little OT: I can't post from Tapatalk,using my Nexus 5x,I have always to open this thread into my browser...

You're welcome wink.gif

About tapatalk I can only confess you that I've only used it a couple of times (on my LG G3), never really liked it.
On this forum however you get a mobile version as well as the classical, desktop version.
The mobile site is enough for me most of the times I'm on mobile thumb.gif

Arrow RTX
(15 items)
CPU
i9 7900X 4.8GHz @Heatkiller IV Pro
Motherboard
ROG Rampage VI Apex
GPU
RTX 2080 ti @ Vector Acetal RGB
RAM
G.Skill F4-3200C14Q-32GTZSW @4000
Hard Drive
Samsung 960 Pro 512Gb, 860 Evo 1Tb
Hard Drive
Toshiba X300 4Tb, 2,5" Seagate 5Tb
Power Supply
SuperFlower Titanium 1000W
Cooling
Cooled by EKWB, Watercool, Alphacool, XSPC, Aquacomputer
Cooling
XSPC RX360 v3, Alphacool Monsta 420, UT60 280mm
Case
Corsair Graphite 780T
Monitor
Acer Predator X34P @120hz
Keyboard
G.Skill Ripjaws KM780 RGB
Mouse
Logitech G900
Audio
Corsair Void RGB
Other
Powered by Aquaero 6
▲ hide details ▲
arrow0309 is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off