GIGABYTE GTX 9xx H2O/AIR BIOS Tweaking ?(ô?ô)? - Page 45 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

GIGABYTE GTX 9xx H2O/AIR BIOS Tweaking ?(ô?ô)?

post #441 of 7857 (permalink) Old 05-21-2015, 12:57 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 19 (Unique: 13)
So I played CS:GO for a while with the BIOS at stock settings (STOCK!!) and I got a freeze which forced me to kill the process of the game and restart it. I increased the power slider to the maximum... but why is it not stable even at 1405 MHz and 1.218v this is driving me nuts... stupid card I have.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #442 of 7857 (permalink) Old 05-21-2015, 04:35 PM - Thread Starter
Maximum_Unleashed

Rep: 500 (Unique: 265)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Obyboby View Post

So I played CS:GO for a while with the BIOS at stock settings (STOCK!!) and I got a freeze which forced me to kill the process of the game and restart it. I increased the power slider to the maximum... but why is it not stable even at 1405 MHz and 1.218v this is driving me nuts... stupid card I have.

Max the power/voltage out and leave it there. Direct orders tongue.gif. This is the 1500's club tongue.gif
Keep testing, have fun smile.gif

GIGABYTE GTX 9xx G1 GAMING BIOS Tweaking
  ̿̿ ̿̿ ̿̿ ̿̿̿'̿'\̵͇̿̿\з=༼ຈل͜ຈ༽=ε/̵͇̿̿/'̿'̿ ̿ ̿̿ ̿̿ ̿̿  
░▒▓│ FORKAY‼ «  » WΘΘT ‼ │▓▒░
Xeon E5-1680 V2 (IVY-E) Inside

post #443 of 7857 (permalink) Old 05-21-2015, 06:34 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 267 (Unique: 141)
what about the 1600's club? :S devil-smiley-019.gif
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #444 of 7857 (permalink) Old 05-21-2015, 08:08 PM - Thread Starter
Maximum_Unleashed

^ tongue.gif yup them Übers too!

I wanted to share some more results from V7BETA.

When you don't max out voltage and power % sliders it doesn't allow the full potential of the BIOS and therefore won't eliminate perfcaps, throttling etc. . Results are night and day between allowing the max power/voltage and leaving only "BIOS defaults". Here is some RAW DATA to chew on thumb.gif

Both "BIOS Defaults" and "As intended with power%/voltage maxxed" are both 100% stable for me, even under punishing tests.. The following test data was from running 3DMark FireStrike ULTRA 4K, in a LOOP. All the tests, PLUS the DEMO, twice in a row.

The excel pivot tables are in the following format:
VOLTAGE --> BOOST SPEED AT THAT VOLTAGE --> PERFCAP REASON (0=NONE) --> DURATION OF THE BOOST. I didn't show anything below default GPU speeds in the pivots but wanted to include adaptive power management in my tests.

Here is the "BIOS default" configuration. You can see that I'm not allowing full voltage or power yet. This configuration is not how this BIOS was meant to be run. In this configuration, the power and voltage is restricted. Overclocking apps aren't actually INCREASING your voltage or power, they are simply ALLOWING what is programmed in the BIOS. You just can't expect to win the race if your engine is running at IDLE, even if it has 1000HP wink.gif I give everyone the option to fine tune as needed. 1405 BIOS DEFAULTS (Click to show)

Here is the fully unlocked configuration. I now allow the maximum voltage and power configured in the BIOS. No perfcaps, no throttling, steady 1531. Pivot table validates with the times shown at 1531Mhz steady boost. 1531 BIOS FULLY UNLOCKED (Click to show)
teaching.gif
Attached Files
File Type: txt FireStrikeULTRA4K1405.txt (311.1 KB, 34 views)
File Type: xlsx FireStrikeULTRA4K1405.xlsx (102.1 KB, 11 views)
File Type: txt FireStrikeULTRA4K1531.txt (278.5 KB, 58 views)
File Type: xlsx FireStrikeULTRA4K1531.xlsx (89.6 KB, 23 views)

post #445 of 7857 (permalink) Old 05-22-2015, 06:49 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 0
I tryed The V7 bios on Gtx 980 Gigabyte G1 gaming... Wawwww nice job applycated on this bios!!!

No perfcap problem!!
i have try boost 1585Mhz for Gpu and 1990Mhz (7960Mhz) 1.270v on air max 66°c 3 hour on Gta V without crash

Thank you for your hard work!!!!!

With V5 problem perfcap and 1585 is not possible a 1.280v or 1.270crash

CPU i7 4790K Graphics Gigabyte Gtx 980Ti Xtreme Waterforce
Motherboard Asus Gene VII RAM Kingston DDR 3 2400Mhz 16Go
post #446 of 7857 (permalink) Old 05-23-2015, 08:36 AM - Thread Starter
Maximum_Unleashed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skunk34 View Post

I tryed The V7 bios on Gtx 980 Gigabyte G1 gaming... Wawwww nice job applycated on this bios!!!

No perfcap problem!!
i have try boost 1585Mhz for Gpu and 1990Mhz (7960Mhz) 1.270v on air max 66°c 3 hour on Gta V without crash

Thank you for your hard work!!!!!

With V5 problem perfcap and 1585 is not possible a 1.280v or 1.270crash

You are very welcome, glad we could help!
Woo-hoo

Thanks for the feedback and the testing! thumb.gif
I am particularly happy that you are on AIR and your temps remained really good (since I can't test on AIR).

Can you share what your custom fan curve is?

band.gif

post #447 of 7857 (permalink) Old 05-23-2015, 09:14 AM
New to Overclock.net

Oops Laithan, I need some information .. its your bios v7 is perfect was 100% but sometimes on the desktop 2d the driver stops working. Missing voltage is in stock ..?
post #448 of 7857 (permalink) Old 05-23-2015, 01:12 PM - Thread Starter
Maximum_Unleashed

Quote:
Originally Posted by UpEvil View Post

Oops Laithan, I need some information .. its your bios v7 is perfect was 100% but sometimes on the desktop 2d the driver stops working. Missing voltage is in stock ..?

Hi there! Thanks for the feedback. I actually don't modify the voltage very much until the GPU is placed under load in the voltage table. The default clock of 1291Mhz is CLK 55. The voltage range for that CLK is 1037.5v <--> 1187.5v, which should be enough for that CLK but if it needs more voltage we can bring it up to 1.200v. As I am typing this reply, according to GPU-z which is close but not 100% accurate, CLK 55 currently running @ 1.0750v which is well below the max allowed voltage for this CLK. I've not had any issues in 2D at all or heard of any reported here but we can take a closer look to see if it needs more voltage there. Can you re-produce this and describe how you are able to? If you are able to re-produce this issue, Please enable GPU-z logging and re-create the issue so we can see what happens in the log file. Any details you can provide would be great.

Thanks!

post #449 of 7857 (permalink) Old 05-23-2015, 10:40 PM
New to Overclock.net

Are you getting driver stop working while in chrome? I had this problem for maybe a week and I installed v7 bios on may 5th had no issues up till this point. I turned off use hardware acceleration when available under chrome settings and it seemed to fixed the issue.
post #450 of 7857 (permalink) Old 05-23-2015, 10:41 PM
New to Overclock.net

Quote:
Originally Posted by UpEvil View Post

Are you getting driver stop working while in chrome? I had this problem for maybe a week and I installed v7 bios on may 5th had no issues up till this point. I turned off use hardware acceleration when available under chrome settings and it seemed to fixed the issue.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in