GIGABYTE GTX 9xx H2O/AIR BIOS Tweaking ?(ô?ô)? - Page 58 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

GIGABYTE GTX 9xx H2O/AIR BIOS Tweaking ?(ô?ô)?

post #571 of 7864 (permalink) Old 06-09-2015, 01:49 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laithan View Post

Ladies and Gentleman, meet the newest edition to the family!
http://www.gigabyte.com/products/product-page.aspx?pid=5472#ov

GIGABYTE GTX 980Ti G1 GAMING
Lingerie Photos (Click to show)

They didn't post a BIOS yet, WTH smile.gif

I am struggling really hard with the decision on whether or not to go ahead and upgrade to the TI. I just got the 980 a couple of weeks ago for a great price, got it oced with your bios and am stable. I would end up paying an extra $230 to upgrade.. I use two 1920x1200 monitors at 60 hz and don't have any immediate plans to upgrade them. I guess the fact that I am still within my return period has me stressing whether or not I should pull the trigger on the TI even though it is currently overkill for my setup.... What would you guys do?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #572 of 7864 (permalink) Old 06-09-2015, 03:10 PM - Thread Starter
Maximum_Unleashed

Rep: 501 (Unique: 266)
Quote:
Originally Posted by digglez View Post

I am struggling really hard with the decision on whether or not to go ahead and upgrade to the TI. I just got the 980 a couple of weeks ago for a great price, got it oced with your bios and am stable. I would end up paying an extra $230 to upgrade.. I use two 1920x1200 monitors at 60 hz and don't have any immediate plans to upgrade them. I guess the fact that I am still within my return period has me stressing whether or not I should pull the trigger on the TI even though it is currently overkill for my setup.... What would you guys do?

It is a tough call, but I think for me the deciding factor would be SLI. If you even think you MIGHT get SLI in the future, I'd go with the 980Ti.

Some general PROs/CONs for your situation.

PRO for Ti:
better for SLI. (2) 980s beat a 980Ti, but (2) 980Ti's are another level (6k CUDA cores vs 4k, 4GB vs 6GB vram)
Considerably faster than 980 (1k more cores, 384-bit memory vs 256-bit)
2GB more vram, future proof
Pretty soon 1080P monitors will be like 800x600 SVGA CRTs and VHS tapes tongue.gif Yes 4K is that good.
Single card is virtually 4K ready, 4K monitors are cheap now and getting cheaper..
bragging rights to be the first 980Ti MOD in this thread thumb.gif

CON for Ti
$230 of coin is not cheap especially if you are already happy with your current FPS
Do you actually have performance issues in games?
What you have now pushes 1080P just fine.
Using the MOD for your 980 you've shortened the gap between your card and 980Ti performance.

Just some food for thought... If nothing else it might make you think of something relevant to you.
smile.gif

GIGABYTE GTX 9xx G1 GAMING BIOS Tweaking
  ̿̿ ̿̿ ̿̿ ̿̿̿'̿'\̵͇̿̿\з=༼ຈل͜ຈ༽=ε/̵͇̿̿/'̿'̿ ̿ ̿̿ ̿̿ ̿̿  
░▒▓│ FORKAY‼ «  » WΘΘT ‼ │▓▒░
Xeon E5-1680 V2 (IVY-E) Inside

post #573 of 7864 (permalink) Old 06-09-2015, 03:33 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 4 (Unique: 4)
I got revision 1.0. The card is brand new :-), interesting. It had to wait for me since release day biggrin.gif but I don't understand which vBIOS from gigabyte site should I flash now? F3 or F42 ?? Thank you.

Some pictures:

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #574 of 7864 (permalink) Old 06-09-2015, 03:34 PM
InstantAli3n

Rep: 150 (Unique: 110)
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by digglez View Post

It is a tough call, but I think for me the deciding factor would be SLI. If you even think you MIGHT get SLI in the future, I'd go with the 980Ti.

Some general PROs/CONs for your situation.

PRO for Ti:
better for SLI. (2) 980s beat a 980Ti, but (2) 980Ti's are another level (6k CUDA cores vs 4k, 4GB vs 6GB vram)
Considerably faster than 980 (1k more cores, 384-bit memory vs 256-bit)
2GB more vram, future proof
Pretty soon 1080P monitors will be like 800x600 SVGA CRTs and VHS tapes tongue.gif Yes 4K is that good.
Single card is virtually 4K ready, 4K monitors are cheap now and getting cheaper..
bragging rights to be the first 980Ti MOD in this thread thumb.gif

CON for Ti
$230 of coin is not cheap especially if you are already happy with your current FPS
Do you actually have performance issues in games?
What you have now pushes 1080P just fine.
Using the MOD for your 980 you've shortened the gap between your card and 980Ti performance.

Just some food for thought... If nothing else it might make you think of something relevant to you.
smile.gif

Get the 980Ti!
Why? Because 4GB VRAM is going to start being an issue in 1 year, then by 2 years you will be kicking yourself for not getting 6GB.

The reason I'm saying this is because I went through the same thing. I bought the best GTX 770 I could almost exactly 2 years ago. An MSI GTX 770 Lightning 2GB! It was great for the time! 90% of the people agreed that 2GB VRAM was all I would ever need, and by the time I needed more it would be 3-4 years later and time to get a new GPU. But Only 1.5 years went by before that 2GB was a huge bottleneck. I have to turn down settings so I don't hit the cap. Lots of games crash when you hit the cap. You can turn down visuals and textures, but some games just REQUIRE more than 2GB to work decently. If I had the money right now I'd have already gotten a 980TI or even a 970, so remember that you will want to upgrade in the future much sooner if you keep the 980, and that will cost you more money sooner which is inefficient.

So get the 980 TI, you will be glad you did in a year's time! thumb.gif
post #575 of 7864 (permalink) Old 06-09-2015, 03:35 PM - Thread Starter
Maximum_Unleashed

Yes it is a little confusing but you'll want to flash the F3 if your old one was the F2.

post #576 of 7864 (permalink) Old 06-09-2015, 03:45 PM
New to Overclock.net

Quote:

Yes it is a little confusing but you'll want to flash the F3 if your old one was the F2.

OK. I will do it via nvflash. I will rename N980G14DP.F3 to N980G14DP.rom and flash. Also I noticed that DVI-D port (= DD?) isn't working at all. When I plug cabel to it, monitor doesn't show anything. Is it some issue with F2 vbios?
post #577 of 7864 (permalink) Old 06-09-2015, 04:00 PM - Thread Starter
Maximum_Unleashed

Quote:
Originally Posted by leakydog View Post

OK. I will do it via nvflash. I will rename N980G14DP.F3 to N980G14DP.rom and flash. Also I noticed that DVI-D port (= DD?) isn't working at all. When I plug cabel to it, monitor doesn't show anything. Is it some issue with F2 vbios?

Correct, rename.

EDIT Adding gigabyte pic

post #578 of 7864 (permalink) Old 06-09-2015, 04:27 PM
New to Overclock.net

Ok, DP bios succesfuly flashed when my monitor was plugged in to DVI-I, but I can't flash DD bios, because I can't see anything on my monitor when I plug cabel to DVI-D :-( If I restart PC with cabel plugged in to DVI-D -> still black screen and when i replug cabel to DVI-I without restart then it shows something but it acts like when you don't have installed any gpu drivers = very low resolution, default windows driver for gpu...) could you advise, please? :-)

Also closest to the motherboard is DVI-I, not DVI-D, but it's not important :-)
post #579 of 7864 (permalink) Old 06-09-2015, 04:56 PM - Thread Starter
Maximum_Unleashed

Quote:
Originally Posted by leakydog View Post

Ok, DP bios succesfuly flashed when my monitor was plugged in to DVI-I, but I can't flash DD bios, because I can't see anything on my monitor when I plug cabel to DVI-D :-( If I restart PC with cabel plugged in to DVI-D -> still black screen and when i replug cabel to DVI-I without restart then it shows something but it acts like when you don't have installed any gpu drivers = very low resolution, default windows driver for gpu...) could you advise, please? :-)

In order to switch BIOS' I think you need to switch cables with the GPU is fully powered off.

Yes I noticed my typo also, thank you smile.gif I went back and corrected.

I have the original gigabyte instructions in the OP if you want to look at them. Attached here also.

gigabytedualbiosinstructions.zip 430k .zip file
Attached Files
File Type: zip gigabytedualbiosinstructions.zip (430.5 KB, 1 views)

post #580 of 7864 (permalink) Old 06-09-2015, 05:03 PM - Thread Starter
Maximum_Unleashed

double post bug oops

going to test the other BIOS on my PC now also

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in