GIGABYTE GTX 9xx H2O/AIR BIOS Tweaking ?(ô?ô)? - Page 782 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

GIGABYTE GTX 9xx H2O/AIR BIOS Tweaking ?(ô?ô)?

post #7811 of 7842 (permalink) Old 01-22-2019, 06:33 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 3 (Unique: 3)
Latest BIOS

Hi,

Would just like to know which is the latest BIOS MUMOD BIOS for the GTX 980TI G1 Gaming?

This is what I found in the OP: H2O_MUMODV1.0_980TiG1_F4_DP.rom

Regards
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #7812 of 7842 (permalink) Old 01-22-2019, 04:49 PM - Thread Starter
Maximum_Unleashed

Rep: 497 (Unique: 262)
Quote: Originally Posted by SlushPuppy007 View Post
Hi,

Would just like to know which is the latest BIOS MUMOD BIOS for the GTX 980TI G1 Gaming?

This is what I found in the OP: H2O_MUMODV1.0_980TiG1_F4_DP.rom

Regards
Hi there

Well first you need to do a little detective work. Go to the first post of this thread and search for "HOW TO FLASH A MODIFIED BIOS" and it will take you right to the section. You'll need to extract your BIOS and read it first so we know which revision your GPU is, and therefore which is the appropriate BIOS for you.

Are you under water?

Any questions just ask

GIGABYTE GTX 9xx G1 GAMING BIOS Tweaking
  ̿̿ ̿̿ ̿̿ ̿̿̿'̿'\̵͇̿̿\з=༼ຈل͜ຈ༽=ε/̵͇̿̿/'̿'̿ ̿ ̿̿ ̿̿ ̿̿  
░▒▓│ FORKAY‼ «  » WΘΘT ‼ │▓▒░
Xeon E5-1680 V2 (IVY-E) Inside

post #7813 of 7842 (permalink) Old 01-22-2019, 07:40 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 3 (Unique: 3)
Hello darkness my old friend! :-)

currently I got this flashed H2O_RC2F4_DP.rom (will attach)

but recently I'm getting Vrel Perf Cap, like as from 2 months ago. Thus, wanting to know if n"greedia" :-D changed something in the driver to **** block the MUMOD?

Any whoo, still dig my 980Ti G1 gaming.

just want it running OPEN.

and yes, got it running under custom loop.

Last edited by SlushPuppy007; 01-22-2019 at 07:45 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #7814 of 7842 (permalink) Old 01-23-2019, 02:01 PM - Thread Starter
Maximum_Unleashed

Quote: Originally Posted by SlushPuppy007 View Post
Hello darkness my old friend! :-)

currently I got this flashed H2O_RC2F4_DP.rom (will attach)

but recently I'm getting Vrel Perf Cap, like as from 2 months ago. Thus, wanting to know if n"greedia" :-D changed something in the driver to **** block the MUMOD?

Any whoo, still dig my 980Ti G1 gaming.

just want it running OPEN.

and yes, got it running under custom loop.

Oh the RC2, that's an old BIOS, one that had the infamous "Super throttle bug" for those of you that remember that. It was before we figured out how to resolve it. The latest BIOS would be: H2O_MUMODV1.0_980TiG1_ALL.zip

Inside you will find the F4 BIOS' where you can grab the DP.

Make sure both sliders are maxxed out (voltage and power %) in your fav O/C app otherwise perfcaps will be expected.

MUMOD BIOS is working just fine
Any questions just holler

Enjoy

post #7815 of 7842 (permalink) Old 02-11-2019, 04:27 PM
Overclock Enthusiast

Rep: 2 (Unique: 2)
Hello

Anyone know if any of the 980 TI bios would work on a MSI 980 TI Gaming 6G?

I tried to use search but it didn't allow me because the words are too common or something.

If these doesn't work on this card, can anyone point me out to a similar one for this model?

Thanks a lot.

» Intel I7 8700K @ 5Ghz w/ EVGA CLC 280 » Asus Maximus X Hero » G.Skill Trident Z 2x8GB 3200Mhz
» MSI GeForce RTX 2080 Ventus OC [email protected] » Dell S2716DG 27' 144Hz G-Sync » Sentey GSP1000-SM 80 Plus Gold 1000W » Thermaltake Core x71
post #7816 of 7842 (permalink) Old 02-11-2019, 06:58 PM - Thread Starter
Maximum_Unleashed

Quote: Originally Posted by fleps View Post
Hello

Anyone know if any of the 980 TI bios would work on a MSI 980 TI Gaming 6G?

I tried to use search but it didn't allow me because the words are too common or something.

If these doesn't work on this card, can anyone point me out to a similar one for this model?

Thanks a lot.
Yes and No

You wouldn't want to flash a Gigabyte BIOS on to an MSI card as that would surely be asking for trouble however ALL of the tweaks in the MUMOD BIOS is 100% compatible with MSI Gaming cards. You just need to make your own MSI MUMOD BIOS and you're good to go (many have done this).

So what you need to do is:

(1) Extract YOUR BIOS with GPU-z

(2) "Unlock" your MSI BIOS to enable the hidden sliders. Check for the info about "Now anyone can unlock the BIOS" https://www.overclock.net/forum/71-n...s-missing.html

(3) Open your BIOS and the MUMOD 980Ti BIOS side by side in two copies of Maxwell BIOS Editor.

(4) Copy over ALL the settings, from all pages, all tabs, literally double then triple check that every single setting is the same (even one small mistake can impact results) and then save your modified BIOS.

(5) Flash your custom BIOS and don't forget to max out BOTH the voltage and the power % slider for overclocking.

Any questions just ask, this is the simple version ^

post #7817 of 7842 (permalink) Old 02-12-2019, 06:46 AM
Overclock Enthusiast

Quote: Originally Posted by Laithan View Post
Yes and No

You wouldn't want to flash a Gigabyte BIOS on to an MSI card as that would surely be asking for trouble however ALL of the tweaks in the MUMOD BIOS is 100% compatible with MSI Gaming cards. You just need to make your own MSI MUMOD BIOS and you're good to go (many have done this).

So what you need to do is:

(1) Extract YOUR BIOS with GPU-z

(2) "Unlock" your MSI BIOS to enable the hidden sliders. Check for the info about "Now anyone can unlock the BIOS" https://www.overclock.net/forum/71-n...s-missing.html

(3) Open your BIOS and the MUMOD 980Ti BIOS side by side in two copies of Maxwell BIOS Editor.

(4) Copy over ALL the settings, from all pages, all tabs, literally double then triple check that every single setting is the same (even one small mistake can impact results) and then save your modified BIOS.

(5) Flash your custom BIOS and don't forget to max out BOTH the voltage and the power % slider for overclocking.

Any questions just ask, this is the simple version ^
Thanks a lot for the tips, will work on that soon and anything will let you know =)

» Intel I7 8700K @ 5Ghz w/ EVGA CLC 280 » Asus Maximus X Hero » G.Skill Trident Z 2x8GB 3200Mhz
» MSI GeForce RTX 2080 Ventus OC [email protected] » Dell S2716DG 27' 144Hz G-Sync » Sentey GSP1000-SM 80 Plus Gold 1000W » Thermaltake Core x71
post #7818 of 7842 (permalink) Old 02-12-2019, 07:12 PM
Overclock Enthusiast

Well, looks like it worked.

I found odd that the boost clock of my default bios was actually higher than the ones found on the 'H2O_MUMODV1.0_980TiG1_F10_DD' bios, which I used to copy the settings. Anyway I applied all settings (besides the fan stuff as I use a personalized curve myself)

Not that my card is great, I was never abe to get her past 1475Mhz, but now it was possible to run 1506Mhz.

Not sure there's more room to go higher, I'll see what I can get after I put her on WC (she goes at 85 on Heaven Benchmark, hot summer here where I live, 30C, no option but go WC), but I guess I didn't get lucky with this card.

Again, thanks for the tips!

Edit: now that I'm thinking, 1506 is exactly the max boost clock I defined on the bios editor by copying the settings from the G1 bios.
My original bios has a max boost clock of 1536, and after I edited the voltages tab, the boost table was actually over 1600Mhz, which I edited to 1506.5 that was defined on the G1 bios.

Is this value affecting how much I can get from the GPU? Should I put it back to the 1536Mhz or actually leave on the 1600+ that was auto-defined after increasing the voltages (once I go WC of course)? Or this is not related?

Thanks!

Last edited by fleps; 02-12-2019 at 07:18 PM.
post #7819 of 7842 (permalink) Old 02-12-2019, 09:01 PM - Thread Starter
Maximum_Unleashed

Very nice, wow that's great news congrats & thanks for the feedback.

The STOCK BIOS basically uses some kind of algorithm to boost the GPU and define some of the values such as voltage, etc. so you'll see some high values in the stock BIOS that are really never reached. The clock speed and boost speed will vary. Can be difficult to maintain stability as the speed is variable.

The MOD used here doesn't do that, is it basically "Manual mode" instead of the stock "AUTO" mode What you see in GPU-z is now accurate. That is the speed you will get when you boost (when both sliders are maxxed). The MOD will use a very strictly defined voltage curve, default clock speed/default boost speed and actually scale up to CLK74 as the GPU senses workload and boosts. The base clock settings are configured differently as well as the boost states. Power delivery is boosted considerably. Lots of other stuff, buried somewhere in the OP . I defined an overclock that 95%+ of all the GPUs are able to handle with the MOD just to get you started and from there using an O/C app to would be expected to push it a bit higher if possible. Setting the boost table to any higher values (such as 1536) shouldn't help either as that is basically just to align the expected boost clocks to the CLKs/voltage table and when you are at CLK 74 you are already getting max voltage defined.

post #7820 of 7842 (permalink) Old 02-13-2019, 03:55 AM
Overclock Enthusiast

Quote: Originally Posted by Laithan View Post
Very nice, wow that's great news congrats & thanks for the feedback.

The STOCK BIOS basically uses some kind of algorithm to boost the GPU and define some of the values such as voltage, etc. so you'll see some high values in the stock BIOS that are really never reached. The clock speed and boost speed will vary. Can be difficult to maintain stability as the speed is variable.

The MOD used here doesn't do that, is it basically "Manual mode" instead of the stock "AUTO" mode What you see in GPU-z is now accurate. That is the speed you will get when you boost (when both sliders are maxxed). The MOD will use a very strictly defined voltage curve, default clock speed/default boost speed and actually scale up to CLK74 as the GPU senses workload and boosts. The base clock settings are configured differently as well as the boost states. Power delivery is boosted considerably. Lots of other stuff, buried somewhere in the OP . I defined an overclock that 95%+ of all the GPUs are able to handle with the MOD just to get you started and from there using an O/C app to would be expected to push it a bit higher if possible. Setting the boost table to any higher values (such as 1536) shouldn't help either as that is basically just to align the expected boost clocks to the CLKs/voltage table and when you are at CLK 74 you are already getting max voltage defined.
Yeah I figured out thinking about it a little more. The auto mode doesn't do anything really, with only the power and voltage sliders maxed out but 0 manual overclock, my boost doesn't even go higher that 1366. It was only with +130Mhz on the core that I was able to get this card to 1506Mhz.

Is this expected?

I wish I was lucky to have a 1600+ core GPU but doesn't look like it. Even this Mhz I'm not sure yet is proper stable, will only be able to test after I install kraken and WC

Thanks again for the support.

Last edited by fleps; 02-13-2019 at 07:52 AM.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in