GIGABYTE GTX 9xx H2O/AIR BIOS Tweaking ?(ô?ô)? - Page 787 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community
Forum Jump: 

GIGABYTE GTX 9xx H2O/AIR BIOS Tweaking ?(ô?ô)?

post #7861 of 7876 (permalink) Old 07-28-2019, 09:38 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 0
I'm really really curious, if i plug in 8+8+6 pins, is the extra 6pin won't be used? What if i decided to reflash the stock vbios and use the LN2 switch am i going to gain anything from the 8+8+6?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #7862 of 7876 (permalink) Old 07-28-2019, 10:45 AM - Thread Starter
Maximum_Unleashed

Rep: 501 (Unique: 266)
Quote: Originally Posted by kalim hazar View Post
I'm really really curious, if i plug in 8+8+6 pins, is the extra 6pin won't be used? What if i decided to reflash the stock vbios and use the LN2 switch am i going to gain anything from the 8+8+6?
No, the "DS" BIOS on all the extreme cards doesn't even have an entry for the 3rd PCI-e power. It is not possible to use with the DS BIOS.

Use GPU-z to monitor perfcaps... You'll never be PWR limited (showing you don't need it) unless you're using furmark (avoid it, BAD for your GPU/VRMs) at extreme levels. 100% of "real world scenarios" (including benchmarks) will not have any perfcaps with the MUMOD BIOS.

GIGABYTE GTX 9xx G1 GAMING BIOS Tweaking
  ̿̿ ̿̿ ̿̿ ̿̿̿'̿'\̵͇̿̿\з=༼ຈل͜ຈ༽=ε/̵͇̿̿/'̿'̿ ̿ ̿̿ ̿̿ ̿̿  
░▒▓│ FORKAY‼ «  » WΘΘT ‼ │▓▒░
Xeon E5-1680 V2 (IVY-E) Inside

post #7863 of 7876 (permalink) Old 07-28-2019, 11:15 AM
New to Overclock.net

Thanks man really appreciate your fast and non-bull**** responses. Last question do you recommend using 750GQ EVGA to supply a fully overclocked Ryzen 7 1700 system?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #7864 of 7876 (permalink) Old 07-28-2019, 04:51 PM - Thread Starter
Maximum_Unleashed

Quote: Originally Posted by kalim hazar View Post
Thanks man really appreciate your fast and non-bull**** responses. Last question do you recommend using 750GQ EVGA to supply a fully overclocked Ryzen 7 1700 system?
Well, I am of the opinion that your PSU is one of the most important components of your system, ESPECIALLY when overclocking. I also feel that you don't want to exceed 80% of the PSU's capacity for efficiency and clean power. I don't particularly care for EVGA products in general however it does look like that PSU is of decent quality at first glance. I would say read reviews... 750W is low in my opinion. Although in most cases you'll never reach maximum CPU and GPU power utilization simultaneously I like to plan for that possibility and also to plan for future upgrades. I have seen overclocked CPUs draw a TON of power (and high amps) and I am not personally familiar with Ryzen CPUs however I'd guess that they can pull a lot of power also. Would you be just fine with a 750W... maybe! I am just a "go big or go home" kind of guy

post #7865 of 7876 (permalink) Old 11-10-2019, 01:45 PM - Thread Starter
Maximum_Unleashed

Anyone here with a 9x0 GPU get RDR2 on PC?

How does it play? Is it a GPU crusher?

Does it support SLI?

I would have bought it already but I'm waiting for it to come over to steam next month.

post #7866 of 7876 (permalink) Old 11-10-2019, 03:45 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 39 (Unique: 18)
Quote: Originally Posted by Laithan View Post
Anyone here with a 9x0 GPU get RDR2 on PC?

How does it play? Is it a GPU crusher?

Does it support SLI?

I would have bought it already but I'm waiting for it to come over to steam next month.
Hi L. been a while so hope you are doing well...

I do not have RDR2 but I no longer have my 980ti either as it was replaced under RMA with a 1070Ti.

Probably best to wait a bit yet for some patches, I have seen reports eg over at PC Gamer that it's got a few issues at this point.

when you do pick it up let us know how it performs though, as I am sure my 1070ti is about equal to your 980ti so I'll be able to decide to get it or not....

KB

Asus X99A-II
5820k @4.4 24/7
32GB Corsair Vengeance 3000 C15 memory
980Ti with NZXT G12 Cooler + H80i V2
Arctic Cooler 240mm CPU AIO
post #7867 of 7876 (permalink) Old 11-10-2019, 04:46 PM - Thread Starter
Maximum_Unleashed

Quote: Originally Posted by Kbird View Post
Hi L. been a while so hope you are doing well...

I do not have RDR2 but I no longer have my 980ti either as it was replaced under RMA with a 1070Ti.

Probably best to wait a bit yet for some patches, I have seen reports eg over at PC Gamer that it's got a few issues at this point.

when you do pick it up let us know how it performs though, as I am sure my 1070ti is about equal to your 980ti so I'll be able to decide to get it or not....

KB
Hey good to see you old friend! I'm doing ok, just living the dream brother

Yeah I saw a video today saying there are some issues. This should mean by the time it comes to steam the buggies should be mostly worked out .

I still have both my 980Ti's.. running great. I even picked up the Valve Index and the 980Ti (no SLI sadly) runs just fine @ 120Hz in most titles.

We should do some benchies I am really curious how the 1070Ti compares. I honestly think you would destroy the 980Ti. A while back I was looking for a 2060 to compare to also. Just for fun, means nuthin.
https://www.overclock.net/forum/27902540-post7842.html

post #7868 of 7876 (permalink) Old 11-12-2019, 07:34 AM
New to Overclock.net

Still rocking my 980Ti with your air mod bios on it. The performance from it is so good that it still doesn't really feel worth it to upgrade to the newer cards. Sure, if you compare them at stock clocks the 980Ti loses, but I think we're a little beyond stock here, and there are no Laithan bios to take the new cards over the top. : )
post #7869 of 7876 (permalink) Old 11-12-2019, 03:08 PM - Thread Starter
Maximum_Unleashed

Hi bud, good to hear things are still working well.. Although I cannot take much credit (the true credit goes to whoever made MBT along with this community) I appreciate the compliment. I wish I could have continued.. I would have enjoyed it... <sigh> It was great fun actually and helped me get through a nasty divorce. The people here have always been great. 7,867 posts in this thread and I cannot really even remember one troll... lol

post #7870 of 7876 (permalink) Old 01-03-2020, 08:48 PM - Thread Starter
Maximum_Unleashed

Happy New Year all..

Anyone still running maxwell in 2020?

I might finally be tempted to upgrade my 980Ti's and jump right to 3080Ti (depending on the price). Red Dead Redemption 2 is now officially the only game that I cannot run at max settings (then again, almost nobody can lol) and SLI is a mess right now. I think 3080Ti might be a true single 4K/60 solution under all conditions even RDR2, but we'll see .

Just saying hello

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in