GIGABYTE GTX 9xx H2O/AIR BIOS Tweaking ?(ô?ô)? - Page 787 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

GIGABYTE GTX 9xx H2O/AIR BIOS Tweaking ?(ô?ô)?

post #7861 of 7864 (permalink) Old 07-28-2019, 09:38 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 0
I'm really really curious, if i plug in 8+8+6 pins, is the extra 6pin won't be used? What if i decided to reflash the stock vbios and use the LN2 switch am i going to gain anything from the 8+8+6?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #7862 of 7864 (permalink) Old 07-28-2019, 10:45 AM - Thread Starter
Maximum_Unleashed

Rep: 501 (Unique: 266)
Quote: Originally Posted by kalim hazar View Post
I'm really really curious, if i plug in 8+8+6 pins, is the extra 6pin won't be used? What if i decided to reflash the stock vbios and use the LN2 switch am i going to gain anything from the 8+8+6?
No, the "DS" BIOS on all the extreme cards doesn't even have an entry for the 3rd PCI-e power. It is not possible to use with the DS BIOS.

Use GPU-z to monitor perfcaps... You'll never be PWR limited (showing you don't need it) unless you're using furmark (avoid it, BAD for your GPU/VRMs) at extreme levels. 100% of "real world scenarios" (including benchmarks) will not have any perfcaps with the MUMOD BIOS.

GIGABYTE GTX 9xx G1 GAMING BIOS Tweaking
  ̿̿ ̿̿ ̿̿ ̿̿̿'̿'\̵͇̿̿\з=༼ຈل͜ຈ༽=ε/̵͇̿̿/'̿'̿ ̿ ̿̿ ̿̿ ̿̿  
░▒▓│ FORKAY‼ «  » WΘΘT ‼ │▓▒░
Xeon E5-1680 V2 (IVY-E) Inside

post #7863 of 7864 (permalink) Old 07-28-2019, 11:15 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 0
Thanks man really appreciate your fast and non-bull**** responses. Last question do you recommend using 750GQ EVGA to supply a fully overclocked Ryzen 7 1700 system?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #7864 of 7864 (permalink) Old 07-28-2019, 04:51 PM - Thread Starter
Maximum_Unleashed

Rep: 501 (Unique: 266)
Quote: Originally Posted by kalim hazar View Post
Thanks man really appreciate your fast and non-bull**** responses. Last question do you recommend using 750GQ EVGA to supply a fully overclocked Ryzen 7 1700 system?
Well, I am of the opinion that your PSU is one of the most important components of your system, ESPECIALLY when overclocking. I also feel that you don't want to exceed 80% of the PSU's capacity for efficiency and clean power. I don't particularly care for EVGA products in general however it does look like that PSU is of decent quality at first glance. I would say read reviews... 750W is low in my opinion. Although in most cases you'll never reach maximum CPU and GPU power utilization simultaneously I like to plan for that possibility and also to plan for future upgrades. I have seen overclocked CPUs draw a TON of power (and high amps) and I am not personally familiar with Ryzen CPUs however I'd guess that they can pull a lot of power also. Would you be just fine with a 750W... maybe! I am just a "go big or go home" kind of guy

GIGABYTE GTX 9xx G1 GAMING BIOS Tweaking
  ̿̿ ̿̿ ̿̿ ̿̿̿'̿'\̵͇̿̿\з=༼ຈل͜ຈ༽=ε/̵͇̿̿/'̿'̿ ̿ ̿̿ ̿̿ ̿̿  
░▒▓│ FORKAY‼ «  » WΘΘT ‼ │▓▒░
Xeon E5-1680 V2 (IVY-E) Inside

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in