GIGABYTE GTX 9xx H2O/AIR BIOS Tweaking ?(ô?ô)? - Page 788 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community
Forum Jump: 

GIGABYTE GTX 9xx H2O/AIR BIOS Tweaking ?(ô?ô)?

post #7871 of 7874 (permalink) Old 01-05-2020, 11:30 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 2 (Unique: 2)
Quote: Originally Posted by Laithan View Post

Happy New Year all..

Anyone still running maxwell in 2020?

I might finally be tempted to upgrade my 980Ti's and jump right to 3080Ti (depending on the price). Red Dead Redemption 2 is now officially the only game that I cannot run at max settings (then again, almost nobody can lol) and SLI is a mess right now. I think 3080Ti might be a true single 4K/60 solution under all conditions even RDR2, but we'll see .

Just saying hello
Yes, still chugging along with a 970 here. Going to upgrade my entire system soon.

Quick question for you, has anything changed with using OC tools like evga preciscion or msi afterburner? I use a custom bios and it had been thoroughly tested. I was playing around today and noticed that gpu-z is showing that I'm hitting performance cap now which makes no sense. I haven't done anything with the bios so I was wondering if anything like the oc tools or drivers could have caused this change?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #7872 of 7874 (permalink) Old 01-05-2020, 02:55 PM - Thread Starter
Maximum_Unleashed

Rep: 501 (Unique: 266)
Nope, not that I have seen. You can make sure power% and voltage sliders are maxxed.

GIGABYTE GTX 9xx G1 GAMING BIOS Tweaking
  ̿̿ ̿̿ ̿̿ ̿̿̿'̿'\̵͇̿̿\з=༼ຈل͜ຈ༽=ε/̵͇̿̿/'̿'̿ ̿ ̿̿ ̿̿ ̿̿  
░▒▓│ FORKAY‼ «  » WΘΘT ‼ │▓▒░
Xeon E5-1680 V2 (IVY-E) Inside

post #7873 of 7874 (permalink) Old 01-06-2020, 08:47 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 2 (Unique: 2)
Quote: Originally Posted by Laithan View Post
Nope, not that I have seen. You can make sure power% and voltage sliders are maxxed.
I'm ashamed to say it was actually a rookie mistake I had made. After seeing your reply about the sliders I knew I had been doing that the same way all this time. It suddenly dawned on me that I had been doing some cleaning and unplugged my dvi cable...only to plug it back in to second dvi output by mistake. Swapped it back over and no more issues.

I also wanted to add that I'm also going to be keeping an eye out for the 3080Ti. I had gone with 970 last time around and this next upgrade I'm planning on going with a higher end card depending on what the price/performance looks like.

Thanks again for all of your efforts with the bios modding and of course all of the trouble shooting you have helped a lot of us out with!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #7874 of 7874 (permalink) Old 01-06-2020, 08:57 AM - Thread Starter
Maximum_Unleashed

Rep: 501 (Unique: 266)
Thank you, it was really fun. Wish we could have kept going...

GIGABYTE GTX 9xx G1 GAMING BIOS Tweaking
  ̿̿ ̿̿ ̿̿ ̿̿̿'̿'\̵͇̿̿\з=༼ຈل͜ຈ༽=ε/̵͇̿̿/'̿'̿ ̿ ̿̿ ̿̿ ̿̿  
░▒▓│ FORKAY‼ «  » WΘΘT ‼ │▓▒░
Xeon E5-1680 V2 (IVY-E) Inside

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in