MBT 1.36 and GM200 BIOS - Voltage sliders missing - Page 4 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

MBT 1.36 and GM200 BIOS - Voltage sliders missing

post #31 of 326 (permalink) Old 07-09-2015, 11:52 AM - Thread Starter
Maximum_Unleashed

Rep: 501 (Unique: 266)
We were having some fun with the conspiracy theories a bit in the other thread too biggrin.gif

This is just a joke (Click to show)

There's truly no proof if this was done intentionally or not but we can poke a little poke.gif

GIGABYTE GTX 9xx G1 GAMING BIOS Tweaking
  ̿̿ ̿̿ ̿̿ ̿̿̿'̿'\̵͇̿̿\з=༼ຈل͜ຈ༽=ε/̵͇̿̿/'̿'̿ ̿ ̿̿ ̿̿ ̿̿  
░▒▓│ FORKAY‼ «  » WΘΘT ‼ │▓▒░
Xeon E5-1680 V2 (IVY-E) Inside

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 326 (permalink) Old 07-09-2015, 01:33 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 1 (Unique: 1)
I believe a reference 980ti board is identical to a reference Titan X board minus the extra ram chips, so this bios should work? Anyone else flash titan x bios to 980ti ?
post #33 of 326 (permalink) Old 07-09-2015, 01:34 PM
New to Overclock.net

I believe a reference 980ti board is identical to a reference Titan X board minus the extra ram chips, so this bios should work? Anyone else flash titan x bios to 980ti ?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #34 of 326 (permalink) Old 07-09-2015, 01:35 PM
New to Overclock.net

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laithan View Post

No, that is a BIOS for a Titan-X only which is only available in one design, the reference design. A reference 980Ti would not be compatible with this BIOS as it is for a different GPU. They are both GM200 but all the 980Ti's have a lower CUDA core count and less ROPs and half the memory. I wouldn't flash it, could brick your card.
post #35 of 326 (permalink) Old 07-09-2015, 02:04 PM - Thread Starter
Maximum_Unleashed

Rep: 501 (Unique: 266)
A triple play! smile.gif

Who knows, you may get lucky but I would not try it personally thumb.gif
GM200-400-A1 vs, GM200-301-A1 (Click to show)

I know some have flashed a 980 BIOS on top of a 970 in the past.. maybe it would work for all I know smile.gif

GIGABYTE GTX 9xx G1 GAMING BIOS Tweaking
  ̿̿ ̿̿ ̿̿ ̿̿̿'̿'\̵͇̿̿\з=༼ຈل͜ຈ༽=ε/̵͇̿̿/'̿'̿ ̿ ̿̿ ̿̿ ̿̿  
░▒▓│ FORKAY‼ «  » WΘΘT ‼ │▓▒░
Xeon E5-1680 V2 (IVY-E) Inside

post #36 of 326 (permalink) Old 07-09-2015, 02:05 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 3 (Unique: 3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by viper1590 View Post

Don't do this - even different non-reference 980ti are not compatible on BIOS level(have different RAM chip manufacturers for example), TX and 980 ti are different GPUs - so the BIOS is 100% not compatible, even the ROM images have different size AFAIR.
post #37 of 326 (permalink) Old 07-10-2015, 04:59 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 3 (Unique: 3)
WerePug
I flashed GM200HC-MAXAIR2-Unlocked without touching anything in MBT(just looked at it and it actually shows voltage table sliders). So far I see no change from the original maxair2: load GPU voltage is reported to be always 1.26V(Precision X and gpu-z monitoring tell the same). So overvoltage control in PX is still useless mad.gif BTW this maxair has a major issue: it's default power target is too low for its high fixed voltage => I get immediate driver crash running any more or less serious load with all default settings(default clocks, 100% TDP). Raising power target in PX fixes this.
post #38 of 326 (permalink) Old 07-10-2015, 07:27 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 42 (Unique: 32)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dadTX View Post

WerePug
I flashed GM200HC-MAXAIR2-Unlocked without touching anything in MBT(just looked at it and it actually shows voltage table sliders). So far I see no change from the original maxair2: load GPU voltage is reported to be always 1.26V(Precision X and gpu-z monitoring tell the same). So overvoltage control in PX is still useless mad.gif BTW this maxair has a major issue: it's default power target is too low for its high fixed voltage => I get immediate driver crash running any more or less serious load with all default settings(default clocks, 100% TDP). Raising power target in PX fixes this.

Well, this particular BIOS is from the OP of the Titan X owners club, with the sliders visible, I set the values as close to the original as possible. So no change in behavior change is actually intended here. You could try to experiment with the sliders a bit. I, personally, have sliders 1, 2 and 3 all set at the same value (1.2813, both min and max). This way the card doesn't throttle.

As for the power, I suppose you could just raise it as much as you want. The power limit entry is usually 6th, after TPD, some unknown entry, PCI power draw, Rail 1 entry and Rail 2 entry. Just remember, the official rated wattage for PCI is 75w, for 6pin power connector 75w and for 8 pin power connector 150w. The power limit should be sum of rails and pci slot power draws.
post #39 of 326 (permalink) Old 07-10-2015, 07:29 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 42 (Unique: 32)
Quote:
Originally Posted by viper1590 View Post

Too much unnecessary risk. It's much safer to just mod a 980 ti BIOS, it doesn't take much effort at all
post #40 of 326 (permalink) Old 07-10-2015, 08:16 AM
New to Overclock.net

Quote:
Originally Posted by WerePug View Post

Too much unnecessary risk. It's much safer to just mod a 980 ti BIOS, it doesn't take much effort at all

Would it be possible for you do to so? When you have some time. Checked your OP but I was not able distinguish what to modify.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in