Pascal Bios Editor - Any news? - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

Pascal Bios Editor - Any news?

post #1 of 290 (permalink) Old 01-25-2017, 11:58 PM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 0
So now is 2017, any news about a Pascal Bios Editor?

Really want to raise the TDP on my titan.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 290 (permalink) Old 01-26-2017, 09:11 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 2 (Unique: 2)
This time Nvidia put on the NDA that if you break it, you will have your hands cut. biggrin.gif

PNY GTX970 reference 81% with EK full waterblock
post #3 of 290 (permalink) Old 01-28-2017, 11:06 AM
Maximum_Unleashed

Rep: 498 (Unique: 263)

GIGABYTE GTX 9xx G1 GAMING BIOS Tweaking
  ̿̿ ̿̿ ̿̿ ̿̿̿'̿'\̵͇̿̿\з=༼ຈل͜ຈ༽=ε/̵͇̿̿/'̿'̿ ̿ ̿̿ ̿̿ ̿̿  
░▒▓│ FORKAY‼ «  » WΘΘT ‼ │▓▒░
Xeon E5-1680 V2 (IVY-E) Inside

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 290 (permalink) Old 02-02-2017, 01:44 PM
Linux Lobbyist

Rep: 1 (Unique: 1)
mad.gifmad.gifmad.gifmad.gifmad.gifmad.gifmad.gifmad.gifmad.gifmad.gifmad.gifmad.gifmad.gifmad.gifmad.gif
post #5 of 290 (permalink) Old 02-02-2017, 07:24 PM
Maximum_Unleashed

Volta is coming this year (rumors have it)... Makes sense... dump the 1080Ti and wrap up Pascal... don't look back... end of the year drop VOLTA....

Fingers crossed that NVIDIA understands that:

(1) They didn't make any MORE money because they locked/encrypted the BIOS with Pascal.. If anything they used it against us within marketing but modding a BIOS is AFTER they have our money.. what do they care!??

(2) MODing the BIOS (at least for Maxwell) didn't damage the cards or increase RMAs... they were gimped and we're just removing the artificial bottlenecks not HARD-modding... I've never heard of anyone damaging a GPU unless they quite honestly just didn't know what they were doing... the numbers were minuscule compared to the entire overclocking and modding community.

(3) They ABSOLUTELY made LESS money from encrypting the BIOS... even if I'm the only person in the world (and I know I'm not) that specifically did not buy PASCAL because of the inability to MOD THE BIOS (we don't need gimped cards...) they still lost my money. For just Maxwell I had (2) 980's in SLI and then bought (2) 980Ti's in SLI... I would consider myself a good customer that was lost this round.

(4) They lost a lot of green team fans in the community. It's VERY safe to say that MANY MANY people were upset/disappointed about the decision to encrypt the BIOS. It would be one thing if the cards are not gimped with the STOCK BIOS but they are.... mostly starved for power... inconsistent clock speeds... constant throttling when temps are not even high. People are now CROSS-FLASHING BIOS' from other vendors taking big risks just trying to work around artificial constraints.

Not holding my breath for Volta... but they do have a chance to redeem themselves.....

post #6 of 290 (permalink) Old 02-03-2017, 01:30 AM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laithan View Post

Volta is coming this year (rumors have it)... Makes sense... dump the 1080Ti and wrap up Pascal... don't look back... end of the year drop VOLTA....

Fingers crossed that NVIDIA understands that:

(1) They didn't make any MORE money because they locked/encrypted the BIOS with Pascal.. If anything they used it against us within marketing but modding a BIOS is AFTER they have our money.. what do they care!??

(2) MODing the BIOS (at least for Maxwell) didn't damage the cards or increase RMAs... they were gimped and we're just removing the artificial bottlenecks not HARD-modding... I've never heard of anyone damaging a GPU unless they quite honestly just didn't know what they were doing... the numbers were minuscule compared to the entire overclocking and modding community.

(3) They ABSOLUTELY made LESS money from encrypting the BIOS... even if I'm the only person in the world (and I know I'm not) that specifically did not buy PASCAL because of the inability to MOD THE BIOS (we don't need gimped cards...) they still lost my money. For just Maxwell I had (2) 980's in SLI and then bought (2) 980Ti's in SLI... I would consider myself a good customer that was lost this round.

(4) They lost a lot of green team fans in the community. It's VERY safe to say that MANY MANY people were upset/disappointed about the decision to encrypt the BIOS. It would be one thing if the cards are not gimped with the STOCK BIOS but they are.... mostly starved for power... inconsistent clock speeds... constant throttling when temps are not even high. People are now CROSS-FLASHING BIOS' from other vendors taking big risks just trying to work around artificial constraints.

Not holding my breath for Volta... but they do have a chance to redeem themselves.....

Volta to Gaming GPUs wont Come before 2018.
TI Will Come at PAST EAST.
post #7 of 290 (permalink) Old 02-03-2017, 07:29 AM
Linux Lobbyist

Rep: 4 (Unique: 3)
post #8 of 290 (permalink) Old 02-04-2017, 10:04 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 56 (Unique: 46)
There was a thread started long ago with some good info but was closed.

For instance https://www.overclock.net/t/1601329/gtx-1070-1080-titan-x-2nd-gen-bios-who-has-it/110#post_25319052

And Joe Dirt mentioned quite some time ago about Hulk certificates for Pascal BIOS tweaking but AFAIK no one approached manufacturers to request them using the user request option in nvflash. Possibly the mention of money and no free lunch might have had something to do with it and probably the whole idea is now on the scrap heap now due to lack of participation.

post #9 of 290 (permalink) Old 02-05-2017, 02:12 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 267 (Unique: 141)
Yeah, we have to resort to this crap to get better than stock performance mad.gif :

Cross flash at your own risk. I got lucky!
post #10 of 290 (permalink) Old 02-05-2017, 06:43 AM
Maximum_Unleashed

Would anyone buy a race car where all performance tuning was locked by the manufacturer? No adjustments or tuning to the performance possible...

Would anyone buy that race car? Seriously...

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in