Undervolting Gigabyte G1 Gaming OC 1080ti - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

Undervolting Gigabyte G1 Gaming OC 1080ti

post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 08-25-2018, 03:36 AM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 0
Undervolting Gigabyte G1 Gaming OC 1080ti

Posted this over on reddit too, but just to try and get as much help as I can, perhaps someone here can help a brother out.

Long story short, I need some tips on how to overvolt this card in MSI Afterburner. I cannot move the voltage slider lower than 0 in any program (inc. OC Guru) so that leaves the voltage/frequency curve. However, this is what happens when I try to do that - the very last dot always goes UP, and all the other dots match my highest frequency at higher voltages (see pic). What I need is some advice on 1) ballpark figures where to start with as low voltage as possible without too much of an underclock and 2) how to bloody well set this curve so it WON'T magically jump to a higher frequency on the very last dot.

​Perhaps I'm understanding this whole thing wrong, but the horizontal line is the voltage, so, as long as any frequency is higher than the one that my max desired voltage is at (in this case,let's say 900mV) then my entire graph loses its point, as the card will try to hit that frequency and that max possible voltage? Or does it not work like that?

​Thanks for any help and insights guys, I really need to get this monster's temps under control.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.PNG
Views:	47
Size:	19.7 KB
ID:	214230  

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 09-15-2018, 04:54 AM
Linux Lobbyist

Hmm
Have you tried power limit or temperature limitation on the Afterburner? I have no idea if those options work and i never tried any of those.
You cant touch the voltage regulating directly from afterburner.Drivers do that ***** while trying to boost your core frequency to the maximum
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 01-14-2019, 01:04 PM
New to Overclock.net

I have the same card.

Click on a far right point hold shift drag down the whole default curve. Now go to the point 900mV and drag up to the desired clock speed and hit apply on MSI Afterburner and save your profile.

Now what will happen is your card when in 3D games will lock the voltage to 900mV and the max frequency of that point (example 1860) as long as the points on the far right are equal to it.

During desktop usage etc it will restore itself back to Nvidia default and down clock and undervolt like a normal card.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in