Hi all! I'm new to this forum, and I'm happy to be part of it
Hope I learn a lot...
I'm a recent owner of the GTX 1050 Windforce OC 2GB
graphic card. I know that is not a powerful card, but that's what I could go with my budget.
So, this thread is to ask people in the same situation as mine, having the same card (same model), about the best settings we can apply to it to allow getting the best performance on games and rendering, as well.
But first, I have some questions:
- If it's supposed to work at 1506Mhz in Gaming and 1531Mhz in overclock mode, why its clock goes up to 1784≈ Mhz while gaming? Or should I read that frecuency in another way? (PIC_1 & PIC_2)
- Is there any way for this card to check the energy (in watts) it is consuming in each state? I already tried what is shown in the video shown below, and also other combinations of the same cmd, but nothing. It always reports that is not supported by the graphic card.
- What is the real consumption of this card exactly? I read that its TDP is about 75W, but I saw some reviews that it can go up to 100W or more if it needs to.
- In Afterburner, the 'Power Limit' slider works as a way to allow the card to consume more power than its original TDP? Or how it works exactly?
- Talking about the same last question, when overclocking it, it is best to control it with Power Limit, Core Voltage, or both?