RTX 2080 Afterburner voltage locked at 1.0930V, Higher Clocks but now lower benchmarking scores? - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

RTX 2080 Afterburner voltage locked at 1.0930V, Higher Clocks but now lower benchmarking scores?

post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 03-24-2019, 11:52 AM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 1 (Unique: 1)
RTX 2080 Afterburner voltage locked at 1.0930V, Higher Clocks but now lower benchmarking scores?

Using this guide here

https://forums.evga.com/Guide-How-to...-m2820280.aspx

I have been able to lock my RTX 2080 voltage at 1.0930V, up from the stock 1.0500V, at least according to afterburner, HWINFO64, and GPUZ sensors.

I'm now able to clock higher, and the card is also maintaining higher clocks during benchmarking. My max peak using a normal overclock was 2100mhz, which would settle at around 2055mhz once the card fully warmed up. Using the locked voltage method the card peaks at 2140mhz and settles around 2100mhz once fully warmed up. The question is

1. Why are all my benchmarking scores now scoring lower, outside of the margin of error, across the board in all benchmarks despite higher clocks?
2. Voltage is supposed to be locked on these cards, so I'm confused as to how afterburner is allowing me to lock the voltage higher than stock. Is this safe?

Note that the cards temps are good, there is no heavy throttling, and I don't appear to be hitting the power limit. Sensors in GPUZ show no Perfcap reason when the card is under full load.

Any ideas as to the drop in scores?

Main Gaming Rig
(9 items)
Alienware Alpha R1
(5 items)
CPU
Ryzen 2700X
Motherboard
MSI X470 Gaming Pro Carbon
GPU
ROG STRIX RTX 2080
RAM
16GB ADATA XPG Z1 DDR4 3000mhz @ 3466mhz
Hard Drive
WD BLUE 1TB
Power Supply
Thermaltake Grand Toughpower RGB 750W GOLD
Cooling
Corsair H60
Case
Corsair 570X RGB
Operating System
Windows 10
CPU
Intel i7 4785T
GPU
Nvidia 860M 2GB+BlindRageVbios+335Core+650Memory
RAM
16GB G.Skill Ripjaws
Hard Drive
1TB 7200RPM
Operating System
Windows 10
▲ hide details ▲
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in