Bios Flash for EVGA RTX 2080TI Black Edition -- Non A (non binned) Part #11G-P4-2281-KR --WITH PICS-- - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community
Forum Jump: 

Bios Flash for EVGA RTX 2080TI Black Edition -- Non A (non binned) Part #11G-P4-2281-KR --WITH PICS--

post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 11-11-2019, 07:15 PM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 7 (Unique: 7)
Bios Flash for EVGA RTX 2080TI Black Edition -- Non A (non binned) Part #11G-P4-2281-KR --WITH PICS--

--EDIT--
Added pictures. Doing this bios flash wouldn't be worth it with out water!
--/Edit--

Hello there guys, I haven't been here in ages! Long time no see!
It's been almost a decade I think, but here I am.

I hope this will help some one out there.

-- Bios Flash for EVGA RTX 2080TI Black Edition -- Non A (non binned) Part #11G-P4-2281-KR
--Notes: Don't know if it makes a difference, but my video card has samsung memory. You can check yours with GPU-Z

--WARNING-- Flash your bios at your own risk. Bricking your BIOS is always a risk no matter what you are flashing.

Pros: This will allow you to crease your power limit TDP for better overclocking. From 112% to 125%.
Cons: This will limit your fan speed from 3200RPM to 2200RPM.
Cons: Fans no longer go below 35% on idle.(who cares).

Neutral: Just update the cooling(water), or hardwire the fans manually.

- This bios flash is suggested to be done with a compatible waterblock, since the fans will not go higher than 2200RPM at 100%(msi afterburner etc).

--Parts to promote cooling after bios flash -- (these 3 parts will make sure the Vram stays cool as well)
Parts: Compatible water block, Vram Heatsinks, Fan for Vram. This can be done in many different ways, this is just to make your life easy if you do endup water cooling it.(Water cooling not needed, but it'd make more sense doing it).

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
https://www.amazon.com/NZXT-Kraken-G...tronics&sr=1-1
https://www.amazon.com/NZXT-Kraken-1...tronics&sr=1-4
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01JB8MQ76..._0tHYDb2F3K87C

Instructions:
0)Download and Extract all files to a folder on your harddrive. http://www.2wheelsgonewild.com/RTX_f...nonA_Flash.zip
1)Note the NVflash included is modified(this will allow you to flash your EVGA with a PALIT bios).
2)Open CMD(command prompt as admin), navigate to the folder where you extracted the files.
3)Type nvflash -6 palit.rom
4)Launch MSCONFIG, click on the boot tab, click on SAFE BOOT under the options.
5)Run DDU (included in the package), this will wipe ALL traces of the current nvidia driver. This is very easy, select Nvidia GPU, and then click on the CLEAN AND RESTART button.
6)Install Nvidia Experience, Launch it, Download Driver, Install driver. If you get an error, it's because windows 10 is probably installing it's default driver since you just removed the driver with DDU, just give it a minute or so, and try Nvidia Experience again.
7)Done !

--Observations.
I would recommend removing MSI afterburner or any overclocking software from windows STARTUP, then when you are done, re-add it to the startup.

Have Fun !

--EDIT

You might have to reinstall some hardware accelerated apps like any chromium based web browsers. They install the files based on your current hardware, and don't update after hardware changes. Just re-download and re install.

UserBenchmarks: Game 172%, Desk 169%, Work 167%
CPU: Intel Core i9-9900K - 129.5%
GPU: Nvidia RTX 2080 Ti - 221.8%
SSD: Samsung 970 Evo Plus NVMe PCIe M.2 500GB - 310.2%
RAM: Crucial BLT8G4D26BFT4K.C8FD 2x8GB - 84%
MBD: Asus ROG STRIX Z390-E GAMING

Last edited by thiagocosta85; 11-13-2019 at 07:06 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 12-31-2019, 07:11 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 0
Will the fan issue ever be fixed?
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 01-17-2020, 08:44 PM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 7 (Unique: 7)
Hello, how are you?

I was actually thinking about editing the BIOS file... But water cooling this was so cheap, that instead of spending all that time debugging and taking chances with bricking, I just water cooled it.

Working 100% staying very cool with a very aggressive overclock!!!

Totally worth it!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in