Overclock.net banner

2080 Super overclocking help

1K views 7 replies 3 participants last post by  Avacado 
#1 ·
Hey so I have an EVGA 2080 Super BLACK edition and threw on a Heatkiller IV block and backplate and want to finally get down to some oc'ing on the card. I used precision x to adjust the power target/temp to max (117%/88c). Using Folding@Home to load the card I see that the power target is usually 70%-80% but drops lower sometimes in the 60s but never higher. I also adjusted the clock rate and it maxes out at 1995. Do I need to start playing with the voltage? I have an 850w platinum psu and don't think I'm nearing its max power with my build. Card runs at 38c but does get little spikes to 40c.

#2 ·
Depending on the Work Unit you get in F@H it may not fully utilize the GPU. Not sure how the Super clocks vs a ti but I can usually run 2100 on the core clock (that's like +145 for my card) for my 2080ti folding (watercooled) As far as I know the voltage slider doesn't do much for Turing.

#3 ·
Hmm well idk what was up but I remounted the water block while I had the loop torn apart to upgrade the Optimus TR block with their new top and now its hitting 2010mhz no issue and running 4c cooler. Going to chalk it up to a bad mounting the first time and while things were cool there just wasn't full contact or something.

#5 ·
Yeah its on full, been folding since the beginning of folding@home when I got bored of SETI@home, just never folded on a water cooled card.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.