overclocking my 8600m gt? - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community
Forum Jump: 

overclocking my 8600m gt?

post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-06-2009, 11:38 AM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 0
Firstly hi all...

I am a notebook user and any more my geforce 8600m gt's performance is not enough for me.So i want to overclock it.as you can imagine, my bios is locked.I made a little search and i found rivatuner.I used it and overclocked a bit but i am not expert on this.I need your help to reach the limit of my graphic card.What is the maximum value?

(note: My driver version is 190.62.I know, this is a desktop version but with modded inf i setup it. This version supports different frequence.(standart 2d, low power3d, and performance 3d)I think this is a good property so i like that because of preventing too high temperature while i am not playing game.and saves energy...
note2:I am using very very powerful notebook coller.it has 2 fans and their rpm is 3800.my notebook is very coll, like ice even if i play grid )

I am waiting your helps.Thank you.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-06-2009, 03:18 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 353 (Unique: 312)
Just keep upping the core and memory until it artifacts in games. (V-Sync off to stress the GPU's more)

Welcome to the forums!

post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-20-2009, 09:04 AM

You can OC that 8600m but your not going to see any difference. Maybe a few points higher in 3dmark06 but that's it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-20-2009, 09:06 AM

You're not going to get much performance increase if anything at all.

Edit: Awesome Tweakboy on the week old bunch on this thread.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-21-2009, 11:24 AM

Don't bother OCing this card it will play the same.

Sameish 3dmark 06 score.

Plus once you OC it your laptop gets hot and the card dies.

If you wan't to have that laptop for long time,, by OCing the graphics your reducing the life of the video card and possibly other devices getting hot along with the graphics,,

Your gonna be in heeps of trouble if you try a OC on a laptop.

don't do it and just enjoy your laptop. 8600m is not anything special, its a consumer card, which is why its in your laptop. Its very slow and not meant for gaming, and OCing this would do nothing to your performance..

Just stick with what you got forget OCing on a laptop and enjoy it instead of stressing on OCing it.. thx gl

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in