Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community - View Single Post - San Ace 9G1212H1011 review

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 09-05-2009, 01:48 PM - Thread Starter
Chunky_Chimp
It's still almost enough.

Got something in my mailbox today, and upon bringing it inside and opening it...

Ahh, but I tease. Here's the money shot.

キタ━━━━━━(゚∀゚)━━━━━━!!!!! (Kita!!!!!; It's here!!!!!)

As I said, I'll soon pit this deity of airflow against the Panaflo U1BX, which I've been using since I upgraded my system. This thing is slightly heavier and more solid than my Panaflo, and amusingly came in a box meant for a Swiftech MCP-655. The Royal Mail and US customs treated the package very well; if requested I'll upload the pics I took of the packaging.

Spinning the blades with my fingers, I can tell you this much; if you run it at full speed and stick your finger in, your finger will break before the blades. Also during my little twiddly-spinning (lol), I noticed that there's a nice little push of air. If only I had an anemometer, I could say what the CFM is at... however many volts runs along the nerve endings in your fingers. I won't bother reserving a post, I'll simply make another post with my temp comparisons during a small FFT Prime95 run, and link to that post in this one.

UPDATE: Results and testing conditions here. Panaflo wins, but I can't seem to figure out why for the time being. The San Ace undervolts better, it sounds better across all voltages, and it'll last a very long time. If I had to say, I'd still prefer the San Ace because, well, it's a San Ace! These fans are legends of air and water cooling alike, and I'll always recommend them if I see they're still available (and they still are at the time of this update). If they are unavailable, though, I'll recommend the U1BX hands-down. Why not the H1BX, which I also have? Well, because I have both models, I CAN say why; the U1BX is QUIETER at all voltages. I cannot explain this, either, nor do I have reason to.

Anyway, that's that. In short, this thing's a keeper, though I will need to find its predecessor and compare it to that to give you the full story.

Combined air and water cooling tips: Fan database | My San Ace 9G1212H1011 review | Don't mix metals or use premixes / dyes | Distilled vs. tap water | Good radiator brands | Water (almost) can't flow too fast | Which PT Nuke to use | Regarding thermal paste spreading
Deep Blood
(15 items)
Soft Sentinel
(13 items)
CPU
Intel Core i7 920 D0 (Batch # 3901A240)
Motherboard
Foxconn X58 Blood Rage (non-GTI)
GPU
Sapphire Vega 64 8GB
RAM
6GB Corsair Dominator 1.6GHz TR3X6G1600C8D Rev 3.2
Hard Drive
Samsung SSD830 128GB / Seagate 640GB+2TB+2x4TB
Optical Drive
Samsung SH-S223Q 22X
Power Supply
Antec HCPP-850
Cooling
XTTH | OCZ Freeze | 9G1212H1011
Case
CaseLabs SM8
Operating System
Windows 7 Ultimate x64 SP1
Monitor
Dell U2410f (rev. A02)
Keyboard
Code 104 w/O-rings + Vortex PBT/POM doubleshot keycaps
Mouse
Roccat Kone EMP w/Dechanic Mini pad
Audio
Asus Xonar DX / Klipsch RM-14s + Dayton DTA-120 / MXL Tempo
Other
Microsoft Lifecam Cinema
CPU
Intel Core 2 Duo E6320
Motherboard
Intel DP35DP
GPU
XFX GeForce 7600GT
RAM
2GB Mushkin DDR2 800 5-5-5-12
Hard Drive
Seagate Barracuda 7200.10 320GB
Optical Drive
Asus 18x multi-burner
Power Supply
Enermax Liberty 400w modular
Case
Rosewill R5604-TBK
Operating System
Windows XP Pro SP3 32-bit
Monitor
Samsung LN-S2351W
Keyboard
Ideazon MERC
Mouse
Logitech MX-518 (rev.2; 1800 DPI [no Teflon feet])
Mouse
Xtrac Pads Ripper
▲ hide details ▲