Broke 2 fan blades. - Page 2 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

Broke 2 fan blades.

Old 12-09-2011, 04:33 AM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net
breadcrums Level 1

Location: Mumbai,Staring at the Katrina Kaif wallpaper on my desktop.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken1649 View Post

I broke many fan blades and to fix it I used Epoxy instead of Super Glue. Epoxy will give me enough time to adjust by rotating the fan to find its balance. Otherwise, out of balance will vibrate and will not last very long until you need to find a replacement or the whole HSF.

Alternately, try to talk to XFX nicely, they might send you one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stubass View Post

difficuilt fix, you must be acurate or your fan will be un-balanced which could lead to more probles... replace what you can now is the best option thumb.gif

i first used very little super glue so that if i mess up,i can correct it.once in position,kept the blade firmly in place and added more glue :)

wrote a nice email to xfx.

will have to ask the mods if i can create a 'wanted' thread in the ocn marketplace.dont have 35reps yet :(

proof.gifIntel i5 [email protected]
Steam : wisevijay
Words of wisdom! (Click to show)
Once you start playing around with your PC case 'just to make it a lil'bit better'.You are doomed.Your life is over.You will continue playing with your PC case all your life.You will cut your fingers up,spend $$ on new parts and tools,mess up your house and then once you are done with it..Few weeks later you will want to buy a newer,better,bigger and more expensive PC case,and the cycle continues.
My clubs: Spoiler! (Click to show)DIY (Click to show)Buying Hardware in India (Click to show)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-09-2011, 04:36 AM
New to Overclock.net
stubass has a spectacular aura about stubass has a spectacular aura about stubass has a spectacular aura about stubass has a spectacular aura about stubass has a spectacular aura about stubass has a spectacular aura about stubass has a spectacular aura about stubass has a spectacular aura about stubass has a spectacular aura about stubass has a spectacular aura about stubass has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by breadcrums View Post

i first used very little super glue so that if i mess up,i can correct it.once in position,kept the blade firmly in place and added more glue smile.gif
wrote a nice email to xfx.
will have to ask the mods if i can create a 'wanted' thread in the ocn marketplace.dont have 35reps yet frown.gif

i hope xfx will help you out as perfectly balancing a fan is no an easy task! doesnt mean you cant cant do it smile.gif

Old 12-09-2011, 04:37 AM
New to Overclock.net
Ken1649 has a spectacular aura about Ken1649 has a spectacular aura about Ken1649 has a spectacular aura about Ken1649 has a spectacular aura about Ken1649 has a spectacular aura about Ken1649 has a spectacular aura about Ken1649 has a spectacular aura about Ken1649 has a spectacular aura about

Help more people, you will get there in one day.

Check this section and help where you can thumb.gif

https://www.overclock.net/forum/newposts/filter/unanswered

But don't expect that all you help will Rep you. Some of them have the courtesy to do so to appreciate your help and some think it's provided from tax payer's money tongue.gif

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-09-2011, 04:39 AM
New to Overclock.net
pepejovi Level 1

If you want to be totally safe and don't mind ghettoing it a bit, just glue another fan or something.

After disconnecting the gpu fan ofc.

The soup tasted even better the second time when i was hurling it into a toilet -derickwm
Because perfect hair is overrated
Steam Chat Outtakes:Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Citra: pepe is more evil then zodac imo
-
Citra: pepe, can i have your autograph?
-
dmanstasiu: How do you quote a quote containing a quote keeping the quote within the quote while you quote?
-
[OCN] Pepe: she would stab you
[OCN] Pepe: to keep you with her forever
-iceblade^: that's so adorable
-
(12:39:55) Dmanstasiu: we still love you pepe
(12:40:05) Dmanstasiu: you're like the forever-loved although sometimes beaten step-child
(12:40:25) derickwm: ^
-
jackeyjoe: I'd be surprised if Finland didn't...
jackeyjoe: with them being the superior country and all
-
{WLB}Blitz6804: pika pika chu chu
Old 12-09-2011, 04:43 AM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net
breadcrums Level 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by stubass View Post

i hope xfx will help you out as perfectly balancing a fan is no an easy task! doesnt mean you cant cant do it smile.gif

i have mad skills bro biggrin.gif

Quote:

i do that almost every time i am on ocn :D

not many threads i can help,but i do what i can :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pepejovi View Post

If you want to be totally safe and don't mind ghettoing it a bit, just glue another fan or something.

After disconnecting the gpu fan ofc.

i wrote in one of my earlier posts that i was gona do that if the superglued blades come off b4 i get a new fan/HS.

thanks man :)

Once you start playing around with your PC case 'just to make it a lil'bit better'.You are doomed.Your life is over.You will continue playing with your PC case all your life.You will cut your fingers up,spend $$ on new parts and tools,mess up your house and then once you are done with it..Few weeks later you will want to buy a newer,better,bigger and more expensive PC case,and the cycle continues.
My clubs: Spoiler! (Click to show)DIY (Click to show)Buying Hardware in India (Click to show)
Old 12-09-2011, 04:45 AM
New to Overclock.net
R4Z0R Level 1

i would use this as an excuse to replace the fan with a crazy CFM delta fan. tongue.gif

Teh siggage (Click to show)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlankThis

Commencing operation Separation.

Primary objective: Save my keister

I will make a 50/50 solution of cat water and Vitamin E skin cream to produce a lubricating substance which I will rub on my behind. Then I will commence to lubricate the handle of my sacrificed tooth brush which I plan to use as a pry bar. I will use iTunes and my HD 555s to keep my mind off the task at hand. Once the majority of a cheek is separated I will use a section of a cardboard box from a mini fridge as a spatula.

I'm really nervous.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Syrillian
That was the punch line!
I suppose they could peel his face off and glue it to his ass... biggrin.gif
Quote:
Originally Posted by zodac
I am not a pod mad.gif
Old 12-09-2011, 04:53 AM
New to Overclock.net
Ken1649 has a spectacular aura about Ken1649 has a spectacular aura about Ken1649 has a spectacular aura about Ken1649 has a spectacular aura about Ken1649 has a spectacular aura about Ken1649 has a spectacular aura about Ken1649 has a spectacular aura about Ken1649 has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by breadcrums View Post

Quote:

i do that almost every time i am on ocn :D

not many threads i can help,but i do what i can :)

Yeah, I have seen you around helping people. Don't expect everyone that you help will Rep you. Some have the courtesy to say thank you or simply Rep you for the help you have given them. Most senior and old members will have that courtesy.

And some old and new members think the help you give them is provided from Tax Payer's money tongue.gif and sometime they make you feel bad for helping them tongue.gif

Don't be dissapointed, they are all parts of the diversified community biggrin.gif

Old 12-09-2011, 06:46 AM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net
breadcrums Level 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by R4Z0R View Post

i would use this as an excuse to replace the fan with a crazy CFM delta fan. tongue.gif

thumb.gif if the price is right ;)

Quote:

Yeah, I have seen you around helping people. Don't expect everyone that you help will Rep you. Some have the courtesy to say thank you or simply Rep you for the help you have given them. Most senior and old members will have that courtesy.

And some old and new members think the help you give them is provided from Tax Payer's money tongue.gif and sometime they make you feel bad for helping them tongue.gif

Don't be dissapointed, they are all parts of the diversified community biggrin.gif

yeah man,u win some n u loose some ;)

Old 12-09-2011, 03:13 PM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net
breadcrums Level 1

found a used Arctic Cooling Accelero S1 Rev 2 in the marketplace.

hopefully things go well :)

Old 12-10-2011, 03:38 AM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net
breadcrums Level 1

i never learn :|

placed another fan parallel to the original fan.turns out it increased the temperatures as it was simply recirculating air in the pci slots area.

placed the fan like this.

DSC03980.JPG

as it increased the temps,removed it.again without switching off the computer.and again broke the previously fixed blades.and another one this time!!

total 3.

The following for me is a way to vent out my frustration and talk about how i went about fixing the results of my carelessness.

PS-Do this only if buying a new fan seems difficult.as in my case fans for graphic card HS arent easily available.If u brake,damage or hurt your PC or yourself,its cause you were clumsy or plain unlucky.i take no responsibility.

For anyone who wants to fix broken fanblades can follow this too.if you come across a better method.PLEASE do let me know.i dont think this was the last fan i have broken!

here is how:

so removed the card.got the superglue.took a deep breath.and got back to work.

here are photos of the fixed blades.

took me time to set it up properly i.e. the minimum vibrations possible and alignment to the best of my abilities.

to check this i fixed the fan base on my table and kept two vertical boards at 90 degrees just touching the unbroken/correct blades(the axis of the 'just touching' blades making a 90degree angle too.)the horizontal axis of the boards and the touching fan blades will make a square.i dont have photos of it,but will upload a sketch if any 1 didnt get it.

apply very little superglue,so that it dries quickly and u can test the alignment.if its off balance,u can gently remove it with a drop of solvent.rubbing alcohol works fine(only for very little superglue).

once you have found out the proper alignment,add a few drops of super glue over the joint of the fixed blades.on both sides.dont move anything until it is completely dry.

test for alignment again.

I went through all this cause a new fan wasnt available and buying and ordering a new HSF will take time.

final result photos.

DSC03984.JPG

DSC03990.JPG

DSC03988.JPG

Let me say it again.do this only if replacing the broken fan is not possible and u HAVE to fix the fan for your pc to work.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in