Water cooling the ASUS 1080 Ti Turbo - Page 7 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

Water cooling the ASUS 1080 Ti Turbo

post #61 of 70 (permalink) Old 09-21-2017, 04:47 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 2 (Unique: 2)
Quote:
Originally Posted by sl06bhytmar View Post

Alright have been running my Asus GTX 1080 Ti Turbo on water a while now and fixed mounting issues. Because ghetto setup, temps are not best but they're okay... GPU die max temp (2 hours PUBG 4K gaming): 57C, idle: 26C.

Block: Arctic Cooling Accelero Hybrid II block in Accelero Hybrid I shroud + stock memory / vrm cooling plate.

Pics: Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

I had to cut away one side + corners from bracket to make it fit with stock VRM & memory cooling plate

Hopefully next GPU can be also fitted with same block smile.gif
I would purchase a thermal thermometer and check your vrm and vram Temps, I was extremely unsatisfied with those. This gpu is easy to cool, it's the power delivery and memory modules that get really hot.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 70 (permalink) Old 09-21-2017, 04:49 AM
New to Overclock.net

Quote:
Originally Posted by Says Who View Post

Im about to build something like this build by Smicha, So question is if the blocks are thin enough for that. I know he dident use backplates on his last build to get them in.
Can you use Bitspowers block whitout backplate to gain some mm?

https://www.overclock.net/t/1598765/build-log-watercooled-7x-980ti-the-word-impossible-is-not-in-my-dictionary
You need the backplate to affix the block
post #63 of 70 (permalink) Old 09-21-2017, 05:08 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by speedyMaldo View Post

I would purchase a thermal thermometer and check your vrm and vram Temps, I was extremely unsatisfied with those. This gpu is easy to cool, it's the power delivery and memory modules that get really hot.

I did a finger test and didn't get burned rolleyes.gif

There is a pretty good airflow on VRM thanks to shroud fan blowing directly on it.

Well my finger test tells me VRM area plate is about 60C and memory area 55C under load, so no big deal. (compare to 85C with stock cooler).

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #64 of 70 (permalink) Old 09-21-2017, 06:28 AM
New to Overclock.net

Quote:
Originally Posted by sl06bhytmar View Post

I did a finger test and didn't get burned rolleyes.gif

There is a pretty good airflow on VRM thanks to shroud fan blowing directly on it.

Well my finger test tells me VRM area plate is about 60C and memory area 55C under load, so no big deal. (compare to 85C with stock cooler).
I used a thermal thermometer and got as high as 84c during testing(gaming, not prime95 or furmark). I used the fan that came with the g12 bracket and it had lots of airflow going to it (3x noctua industrial ippc 3000rpm fans). So definitely take that for maybe my card just being hotter than most, but I would do more than a finger test on a 700 dollar graphics card
post #65 of 70 (permalink) Old 09-24-2017, 01:24 PM
New to Overclock.net

Got 4 of them now up and runnig, temps under 40c at full load. Wanted more Cards but with this block you cant use more than 4 Cards. But gues this will have to do for now. wink.gif
post #66 of 70 (permalink) Old 12-05-2017, 09:36 AM
New to Overclock.net

I did this same mod, and rather than raspberry heatsinks, I used thermal dissipators like gum. I however noticed that part of the stock cooler could be used, specifically the plate that hold the stock cooler. Since it's metallic, I think in conjunction with the thermal pads I put, could work better. Thoughts?? This is an image so you know what I'm talking about.
post #67 of 70 (permalink) Old 12-12-2017, 01:54 AM
Linux Lobbyist

Rep: 11 (Unique: 9)
looks like one can install an AIO in there without removing the mid-plate. the mid-plate looks decent, I would add some low profile heatsinks on it still just to increase the surface area.

post #68 of 70 (permalink) Old 03-30-2018, 10:02 PM
New to Overclock.net

Wink I water cooled my GTX 1080ti Asus Turbo

Hey all, for those of you wondering if/how you can water cool an ASUS GTX 1080 ti Turbo... here is the guide I created for it. Just know this voids your warranty but the results you get from it are astonishing. After an hour of stress testing, I was still showing stable temps of 44 degrees Celsius. Overclocking here I come!

https://youtu.be/UtxCrzWP3SQ
post #69 of 70 (permalink) Old 04-05-2018, 02:13 AM
New to Overclock.net

Cool

I have the 1080 ti turbo from asus as well and will not water cool it as I don’t want to void my 3 years warranty and because I get a lot of bangs for my bucks with this card...
I know it is running hot but if it breaks I will get a new one for free as if I start messing with it and it breaks it will be my fault...

Last edited by philuxbown; 04-05-2018 at 02:31 AM.
post #70 of 70 (permalink) Old 07-07-2019, 05:08 AM
New to Overclock.net

So I'm raising this thread from the dead as I am still rocking an ASUS GeForce® GTX 1080 TI 11GB Turbo, but it currently has a Raijintek Morpheus II Core Edition strapped on it. This cooling solution works rather well as it isn't even allowing my card to go over 60 degrees Celsius (used two Noctua NF-F12 iPPC 2000 PWM fans on it), but it's a freaking 3.75-slot monster because of it (strangely, very minimal GPU sag).

I'm planning to move into a smaller case and motherboard once I upgrade to Ryzen 3000 near the tail end of the year, but I'm keeping the GPU, so I've been looking for a water block for it. I've heard recently that Corsair dove into the custom water cooling scene, and I checked out their GPU block solution for the GTX 1080Ti cards...

https://www.corsair.com/ww/en/Catego...-compatibility

The site claims that it's compatible with the custom PCB of our special snowflake card.

Update: I can't seem to find it in any of my usual US-based online retailers. I guess you can only buy it from Corsair's store for now.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	cool.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	88.6 KB
ID:	278224  

Last edited by Shehrevar; 07-07-2019 at 05:20 AM.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in