Seems like no waterblock for Gigabyte GeForce® GTX 1080 Ti Gaming OC 11G - Page 2 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

Seems like no waterblock for Gigabyte GeForce® GTX 1080 Ti Gaming OC 11G

post #11 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-10-2017, 09:02 AM
....X....

Rep: 565 (Unique: 387)
Quote:
Originally Posted by la4ours View Post

Thanks. I'll look into the G12 as it's for the newer generation cards. I put in a support ticket with Gigabyte to see what they can do for me. It's unacceptable that I can't put my side panel on due to the card hitting 90°c+ with it on. It's not like I don't have enough system fans or poor cable management.

when you close the side panel and your gpu overheat that's mean not enough Airflow.. that's simple thumb.gif

which case is that ? can you add more fan's on the front to increase the fresh air ? also flip the fan on the rear to the exhaust position.. no need to keep the hot air inside the case wink.gif

I9 9900k @5Ghz ---Gigabyte Z390 Ultra ---Evga 1080 Ti FTW3 Hybrid---Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB 3000Mhz---2*Samsung 960 Pro 512GB ---Cooler Master H500p ---NZXT X72---Asus xg27vq
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-10-2017, 11:53 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 37 (Unique: 36)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr-Dark View Post

when you close the side panel and your gpu overheat that's mean not enough Airflow.. that's simple thumb.gif

which case is that ? can you add more fan's on the front to increase the fresh air ? also flip the fan on the rear to the exhaust position.. no need to keep the hot air inside the case wink.gif

This is the case.
https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811853036

To be honest, it's not a bad case. I did however move it into a CM Stryker Storm. My buddy just got it and wanted to trade for the Define R4 my 4770k used to be in. My temps dropped at least 10°c on the gpu. Playing overwatch, my temps are maxing at around 83°c now. This card still runs hot though.

post #13 of 17 (permalink) Old 09-12-2017, 09:26 AM
Linux Lobbyist

Rep: 97 (Unique: 66)
Bykski makes a full cover block for this card ]here on Aliexpress/URL]

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-14-2018, 12:56 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 22 (Unique: 16)
Quote: Originally Posted by la4ours View Post
Thanks. I'll look into the G12 as it's for the newer generation cards. I put in a support ticket with Gigabyte to see what they can do for me. It's unacceptable that I can't put my side panel on due to the card hitting 90°c+ with it on. It's not like I don't have enough system fans or poor cable management.
Did you try modifying the fan curve for higher RPM's? At max fan RPM on my Gigabyte GTX 1080Ti Gaming OC I never saw above 69° C even at >= 80° F ambient temps even when overclocking.
post #15 of 17 (permalink) Old 03-04-2018, 06:55 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 0
did some one try to replace thermal paste? meaby using some liquid metal? and some one find a nice metal backplate? i found only acrilic but i dont like it
post #16 of 17 (permalink) Old 03-04-2018, 06:59 PM
New to Overclock.net

did some one try to replace thermal paste? with liquid metal meaby? how the teamps now? and some one find a metal backplate? i dont like it the plastic one. thank you
post #17 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-07-2019, 01:31 AM
New to Overclock.net

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in