Asus Strix OC VBIOS on Gigabyte 1080Ti Gaming OC: summertime disaster - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

Asus Strix OC VBIOS on Gigabyte 1080Ti Gaming OC: summertime disaster

post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 07-21-2018, 02:29 PM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 23 (Unique: 17)
Asus Strix OC VBIOS on Gigabyte 1080Ti Gaming OC: summertime disaster

Even with the aftermarket fans I installed on the stock heatsink (a noctua NF-A14 IndustrialPPC-3000 and a high-power, delta vaneaxial AFC0912DE-7X60 running @ 6000 RPM) 75°F ambient translates to 71°C+ temps and a guaranteed driver reset in any modern DX11 games. If the Arctic Cooling Xtreme III doesn't help, I'm going to have to go back to the stock VBIOS or get a new case and some sort of watercooling.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 07-25-2018, 05:54 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 100 (Unique: 64)
Hi there

What OC are you running? And what voltage are you running?

Few days back I tested EVGA GTX 1080Ti Black Edition with Morpheus II cooler, just for fun as friend hasn't been very happy with his temperatures on his Black Edition, with 75-85% fan profile on BE cooler temperatures has been in high 80's but that's in high ambient at 28-32°C, OC has been around 2088MHz which started to drop to 2050MHz at higher ambient

We are replaced BE cooler for my old Raijintek Morpheus II cooler with BeQuiet Silent Wings 3, done few tests and temperatures stayed at reasonable 50-57°C with 2100MHz OC during the gaming in Assassin Creed Origins etc, our best OC has been 2113MHz which is stable in most games but in some 2100MHz seems working best

I borrowed him my old cooler for time being, he will be getting same cooler just with different fans, because these fans would cost close to this cooler

I would assume you will have pretty good temperatures with Arctic Cooling Accelero III but this can depends on few things,friend running on his Titan X SC same cooler and his temperatures are in 50-55°C on this cooler

Hope this helps

Thanks, Jura
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 07-28-2018, 12:43 PM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 23 (Unique: 17)
Quote: Originally Posted by jura11 View Post
Hi there

What OC are you running? And what voltage are you running?

Few days back I tested EVGA GTX 1080Ti Black Edition with Morpheus II cooler, just for fun as friend hasn't been very happy with his temperatures on his Black Edition, with 75-85% fan profile on BE cooler temperatures has been in high 80's but that's in high ambient at 28-32°C, OC has been around 2088MHz which started to drop to 2050MHz at higher ambient

We are replaced BE cooler for my old Raijintek Morpheus II cooler with BeQuiet Silent Wings 3, done few tests and temperatures stayed at reasonable 50-57°C with 2100MHz OC during the gaming in Assassin Creed Origins etc, our best OC has been 2113MHz which is stable in most games but in some 2100MHz seems working best

I borrowed him my old cooler for time being, he will be getting same cooler just with different fans, because these fans would cost close to this cooler

I would assume you will have pretty good temperatures with Arctic Cooling Accelero III but this can depends on few things,friend running on his Titan X SC same cooler and his temperatures are in 50-55°C on this cooler

Hope this helps

Thanks, Jura
The Arctic Accelero Xtreme III might not work because of my poor choice of case and combination of CPU cooler (the Phanteks PH-tc14pe), motherboard and CPU. The videocard is jammed up against the Phanteks PH-tc14pe and there's no room for the backplate the Arctic Accelero Xtreme III uses.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in