Overclock.net banner

Mushkin Enhanced Io or RiDATA X Series ?

1K views 18 replies 6 participants last post by  namya 
#1 ·
#3 ·
The Mushkin Io is better... it is a Barefoot + Samsung 40nm NAND... just like the OCZ Vertex.

The RiDATA uses the slower JMicron JMF212 controller.

Quote:

Originally Posted by joemaniaci View Post
The only real important difference that I can see is that the ridata supports trim
They both support TRIM.

#4 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by DuckieHo View Post
The Mushkin Io is better... it is a Barefoot + Samsung 40nm NAND... just like the OCZ Vertex.

The RiDATA uses the slower JMicron JMF212 controller.

They both support TRIM.

jesus christ how did you figure that out, I couldn't find a single website showing which controller it used. If you google jmf212, you don't even get anything. You mean the 612?

#6 ·
as far as i know, mushkin support trim also.

If this help, my system is :

-Asus P6t Deluxe OC palm
-I7 920 @ 3.6 ghz
-12 gb OCZ platinum 1600 c 7
-evga gtx 275 superclocked
-160 gb wd velociraptor
-500 gb wd black
-1 tb wd black
-psu corsair 850 w
-noctua cpu cooler
-cooler master haf full tower

as i know, there is a marvel yukon controller on this board. does this help or matter?
for a SSD first time user, do i have to know that SSD should be configured as AHCI? do i have to install it with F6 while installing windows or win7?

I saw on mushkin IO the stated a vibration resistance, how come? it's not mechanical, so why vibration?

Should I put the Callisto in considaration also with sandforce controller?

thanks for the good help

#7 ·
Callisto is cheaper, and better (Much faster see read/write speeds, and it's new tech), that would be my first choice of all you listed!

As for your board questions someone else will have to help you with that as I don't know Asus very well.

#11 ·
I said which is best, the Callisto has the best read/write (285/275) speeds and cost less than the iO.

Ridata, not sure about as not many people use them, but it's specs are decent but nothing like the callisto

#13 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by joemaniaci
View Post

jesus christ how did you figure that out, I couldn't find a single website showing which controller it used. If you google jmf212, you don't even get anything. You mean the 612?

Sorry... JMF612.

http://www.mushkin.com/Digital-Stora...SSDIO64GB.aspx

Quote:

Controller: Indilinx

http://www.dramexchange.com/WeeklyRe...st/5/2306.html

Quote:

Originally Posted by namya
View Post

well should i go callisto only for the specs label? do u think it's real read write speed? is the sand force controller better than ridata or IO?

can anyone help me on the SSD installation issue plz

Yes, the SandForce SF-1200 is better than the Indilinx Barefoot and JMicron JMF612.

What installation issue? The process is exactly the same as a HDD.

#14 ·
thanks you DuckieHo for your reply, plz consider the following msg:

""

If this help, my system is :

-Asus P6t Deluxe OC palm
-I7 920 @ 3.6 ghz
-12 gb OCZ platinum 1600 c 7
-evga gtx 275 superclocked
-160 gb wd velociraptor
-500 gb wd black
-1 tb wd black
-psu corsair 850 w
-noctua cpu cooler
-cooler master haf full tower

1-as i know, there is a marvel yukon controller on this board. does this help or matter?

2-for a SSD first time user, do i have to know that SSD should be configured as AHCI? do i have to install it with F6 while installing windows or win7?

3-I saw on mushkin IO the stated a vibration resistance, how come? it's not mechanical, so why vibration?

""

#15 ·
1) Use the ICH10R controller, it's MUUUUUUUCH better.
2) Run the controller in either RAID or ACHI mode. Windows 7 already has the drivers integrated..
3) All SSDs have a high resistence to vibrations due to being solid-state devices. They won't break if you shake them in use.

#16 ·
just to be clear

1- how can i choose? all what i know, that i can disable marvell in bios and keep hdd as it's auto setup, is it right, or any way to choose btw ichr10 and other?

2-since i have 1 ssd, i cant run raid, so i will install it as ahci during installing win7? is it right?

thank you again for your help and fast reply, much appreciated and helping

#17 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by joemaniaci
View Post

Don't question the Duckie...he was born with this knowledge

#18 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by namya
View Post

just to be clear

1- how can i choose? all what i know, that i can disable marvell in bios and keep hdd as it's auto setup, is it right, or any way to choose btw ichr10 and other?

2-since i have 1 ssd, i cant run raid, so i will install it as ahci during installing win7? is it right?

thank you again for your help and fast reply, much appreciated and helping

It's in the BIOS. There is an option called SATA Mode and set it to AHCI.

This has nothing to do with the seperate Marvell controller (which might also have a SATA Mode option.)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.