Team Multi-Monitor - Page 4 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

Team Multi-Monitor

post #31 of 32 (permalink) Old 02-04-2015, 02:39 PM
Dangerous

Rep: 18 (Unique: 15)
I would recommend the Gefen HDMI Detective+

It's a hardware device that sits between your PC and the TV and emulates that the TV is always on and available so your PC does not reconfigure the screens when you turn the TV off.

I use it on my accessory (4th) monitor between my PC and receiver so that if I switch my receiver to another input (like a Tivo) the PC thinks the screen is still on and it solves a lot of the glitches you might otherwise experience.

They are around $65-75 but well worth it in my opinion.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 32 (permalink) Old 02-06-2015, 06:36 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 5 (Unique: 5)
This question seems appropriate for this group - I'm planning on going triple wide (1080p) in the next month or so. My setup has many uses, but I want to get a third monitor for racing simulations (Euro Truck Sim 2, Assetto Corsa, Game Stock Car Extreme 2014 and RaceRoom Racing). I was just wondering if a single r9 280x (ncix has a pretty good sale on a particular model) would be able to do the trick? I'm not expecting to put all the settings to the max, I'm just looking for something that can run three wide and still offer high quality graphics.

My other option is to wait for the 3xx series release and decide than between the new installments of the nvidia and amd cards.

Edit: It seems I missed the boat on the sale in question (they sold out of the model) mad.gif. However, I was still wondering if the 280x would be sufficient or should I go for something like a 290 or a 290x?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in