Brand New Method How To UNBRICK/FLASH Almost Any Card AMD or NVIDIA - Page 2 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

Brand New Method How To UNBRICK/FLASH Almost Any Card AMD or NVIDIA

post #11 of 24 (permalink) Old 02-07-2019, 05:20 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 0
bricked gpu

hi, my Zotac GTX 1070 AMP! Edition got black screen NVflash say no adapter fond, can i use this save stock bios and flash it will work?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 24 (permalink) Old 02-07-2019, 05:28 AM
New to Overclock.net

bricked gpu

hi, my Zotac GTX 1070 AMP! Edition got black screen NVflash say no adapter fond, can i use this save stock bios and flash it will work?
post #13 of 24 (permalink) Old 02-20-2019, 07:16 AM
New to Overclock.net

so I need some help, I've recently picked up a BIOS flasher like the one you have listed here, well the same one, now I've used it to flash a few motherboard BIOS's and its worked fine this is my first time using it on a GPU a P-106 that needs the bios replaced on it. no its not for mining it's for an accelerator card. I've found the BIOS chip as you said it has some paint on it, but I'm having the issue that anytime I attach the clip to the chip it will just outright disconnect from the pc until I remove the clip from the chip. whats your thoughts I've only tried on the one pc as I don't have another to do it with.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 24 (permalink) Old 02-28-2019, 11:49 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 3 (Unique: 3)
Quote: Originally Posted by Adam Darling View Post
so I need some help, I've recently picked up a BIOS flasher like the one you have listed here, well the same one, now I've used it to flash a few motherboard BIOS's and its worked fine this is my first time using it on a GPU a P-106 that needs the bios replaced on it. no its not for mining it's for an accelerator card. I've found the BIOS chip as you said it has some paint on it, but I'm having the issue that anytime I attach the clip to the chip it will just outright disconnect from the pc until I remove the clip from the chip. whats your thoughts I've only tried on the one pc as I don't have another to do it with.
Like I said...the clip is a PITA. They just flat out suck. Except when they work. Which is not very often. Keep trying with it or try another method. Make sure you're using it correctly too. With everything plugged in/lined up in how it's supposed to be(adapter in the programmer correctly > clip in the adapter correctly > clip on the chip correctly).

post #15 of 24 (permalink) Old 03-13-2019, 03:57 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 56 (Unique: 55)
One 1080ti saved! Thank you! Used these settings (see image) for my EVGA 1080ti Black Edition. Found the MXIC chip onboard with almost the same name: MXIC 25u4033e - and simply - by the first try deleted the corrupted bios and flashed the ASUS XOC unlocked bios. +1 Rep (should be +1000)
Attached Images

R6 - Ryzen
(10 items)
CPU
[email protected] (p-states on)
Motherboard
Crosshair VII Hero
GPU
EVGA GTX 1080ti - Rajintek Morpheus II
RAM
Trident Z RGB's 2x8gb - [email protected], 1.35v
Hard Drive
Samsung Evo 960 - 500gb
Power Supply
750 G2
Cooling
NH-D15
Case
Fractal Design R6 TG
Monitor
Samsung C27HG70
Audio
990's 250 ohm - Fiio E9
▲ hide details ▲
post #16 of 24 (permalink) Old 03-19-2019, 07:29 AM
New to Overclock.net

Quote: Originally Posted by DoctorNick View Post
One 1080ti saved! Thank you! Used these settings (see image) for my EVGA 1080ti Black Edition. Found the MXIC chip onboard with almost the same name: MXIC 25u4033e - and simply - by the first try deleted the corrupted bios and flashed the ASUS XOC unlocked bios. +1 Rep (should be +1000)
What type of connector did you use to connect to the chip?

I have a EVGA GTX Titan X Superclocked (Maxwell) I need to recover. I have the stock BIOS saved from when I first got the card. Any further suggestions on what I need, where the proper chip is located would be greatly appreciated. My first time doing this.

Thank you,
Monnie

post #17 of 24 (permalink) Old 03-26-2019, 04:40 AM
New to Overclock.net

Quote: Originally Posted by MonnieRock View Post
What type of connector did you use to connect to the chip?

I have a EVGA GTX Titan X Superclocked (Maxwell) I need to recover. I have the stock BIOS saved from when I first got the card. Any further suggestions on what I need, where the proper chip is located would be greatly appreciated. My first time doing this.

Thank you,
Monnie

You need the two items that Austin suggested:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Then you need to locate the bios chip - it is often painted with a small dot on the board. It looks like its the same location as on my 1080 ti - take a look on a reference titan x board.

Follow austins guide in this thread - and make sure the clip is on the right way - (The top-side has more cables)

Check the bios chip - search on google - and in the program - check if you can find a similar named chip (not completely the same but same brand and similar number, or try to use MXIC MX25V4005 (4mbit bios) - thats the one I used on my EVGA 1080 ti (would make sense if it's the same on yours)

Here is a pic of a Titan X reference board - and the bios chip is on the same spot as mine - should be all you need, if not feel free to PM me - good luck
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Titan-X-Pascal_PCB.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	527.9 KB
ID:	261536  

R6 - Ryzen
(10 items)
CPU
Motherboard
Crosshair VII Hero
GPU
RAM
Hard Drive
Samsung Evo 960 - 500gb
Power Supply
750 G2
Cooling
NH-D15
Case
Fractal Design R6 TG
Monitor
Samsung C27HG70
Audio
990's 250 ohm - Fiio E9
▲ hide details ▲

Last edited by DoctorNick; 03-26-2019 at 02:13 PM.
post #18 of 24 (permalink) Old 03-30-2019, 05:42 AM
New to Overclock.net

Help identifying bios chip

Hi there,

I have a Palit Jetstream GTX 680 4GB and whilst changing the bios the machine freaked out and now the card no longer works. I've tried the usual methods of using another graphics card but NVFlash just doesn't see it. Can someone help me identify which is the bios chip please?

Quote: Originally Posted by DoctorNick View Post
You need the two items that Austin suggested:

Then you need to locate the bios chip - it is often painted with a small dot on the board. It looks like its the same location as on my 1080 ti - take a look on a reference titan x board.

Follow austins guide in this thread - and make sure the clip is on the right way - (The top-side has more cables)

Check the bios chip - search on google - and in the program - check if you can find a similar named chip (not completely the same but same brand and similar number, or try to use MXIC MX25V4005 (4mbit bios) - thats the one I used on my EVGA 1080 ti (would make sense if it's the same on yours)

Here is a pic of a Titan X reference board - and the bios chip is on the same spot as mine - should be all you need, if not feel free to PM me - good luck
post #19 of 24 (permalink) Old 03-30-2019, 05:44 AM
New to Overclock.net

Here are the pics...
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_20190325_145343.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	379.7 KB
ID:	262350  

Name:	IMG_20190325_145349.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	367.7 KB
ID:	262352  

Name:	IMG_20190325_145311.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	433.7 KB
ID:	262354  

Name:	IMG_20190325_145331.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	375.6 KB
ID:	262356  

post #20 of 24 (permalink) Old 03-30-2019, 04:06 PM
New to Overclock.net

Quote: Originally Posted by ajayb21 View Post
Here are the pics...
Yes. Accidentally I got a reference EVGA GTX 680 (same board as yours) - The chip is marked with a small dot of paint.
You need to remove the cooler - and you need the tools linked to in my above post.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_20190330_235337.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	3.15 MB
ID:	262414  

R6 - Ryzen
(10 items)
CPU
Motherboard
Crosshair VII Hero
GPU
RAM
Hard Drive
Samsung Evo 960 - 500gb
Power Supply
750 G2
Cooling
NH-D15
Case
Fractal Design R6 TG
Monitor
Samsung C27HG70
Audio
990's 250 ohm - Fiio E9
▲ hide details ▲

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in