Brand New Method How To UNBRICK/FLASH Almost Any Card AMD or NVIDIA - Page 3 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

Brand New Method How To UNBRICK/FLASH Almost Any Card AMD or NVIDIA

post #21 of 30 (permalink) Old 03-31-2019, 07:43 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 0
Ah great thank you, I was looking in completely the wrong place. I've ordered the parts, fingers crossed :-)

Quote: Originally Posted by DoctorNick View Post
Yes. Accidentally I got a reference EVGA GTX 680 (same board as yours) - The chip is marked with a small dot of paint.
You need to remove the cooler - and you need the tools linked to in my above post.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 30 (permalink) Old 04-01-2019, 04:43 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 57 (Unique: 56)
Quote: Originally Posted by ajayb21 View Post
Ah great thank you, I was looking in completely the wrong place. I've ordered the parts, fingers crossed :-)
Should be okay - got the parts within 7 days (from USA to Denmark) - Just check the bios chip - google the number and then in the program - choose a chip that has the same or almost the same name and size. You should be able to choose the same brand.
post #23 of 30 (permalink) Old 04-01-2019, 06:26 AM
New to Overclock.net

Thank you

Thanks so much for the help. It took me a while but I managed to revive the card . I was able to erase the bios chip as per your instructions but whenever I tried to flash it with the backup bios it just came up with errors. In the end I was able to boot with the card but this time it saw there was a card (lots of beeps at BIOS) and so I was able to do a blind flash (which I couldn't do before). That said, your new found method still helped me get it working again so thank you.

Quote: Originally Posted by DoctorNick View Post
Should be okay - got the parts within 7 days (from USA to Denmark) - Just check the bios chip - google the number and then in the program - choose a chip that has the same or almost the same name and size. You should be able to choose the same brand.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #24 of 30 (permalink) Old 04-01-2019, 07:42 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 57 (Unique: 56)
Quote: Originally Posted by ajayb21 View Post
Thanks so much for the help. It took me a while but I managed to revive the card . I was able to erase the bios chip as per your instructions but whenever I tried to flash it with the backup bios it just came up with errors. In the end I was able to boot with the card but this time it saw there was a card (lots of beeps at BIOS) and so I was able to do a blind flash (which I couldn't do before). That said, your new found method still helped me get it working again so thank you.
Cool! Whatever works, eh
post #25 of 30 (permalink) Old 04-19-2019, 02:16 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 1 (Unique: 1)
want to report that flashed back an bricked 2080ti flawless :-) thanks for your thread
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image0.jpg
Views:	109
Size:	2.13 MB
ID:	265810  

post #26 of 30 (permalink) Old 06-28-2019, 05:03 PM
New to Overclock.net

Did you use the software attached by the OP? And what is your settings?

I am also trying to flash a 2080 ti bios but to no avail.
post #27 of 30 (permalink) Old 08-08-2019, 01:29 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 1 (Unique: 1)
Quote: Originally Posted by SloopyCorgi View Post
Did you use the software attached by the OP? And what is your settings?

I am also trying to flash a 2080 ti bios but to no avail.
sorry for the late reply, so far as i remember i detected the chip from alone after 30x remounting and connections issues..
post #28 of 30 (permalink) Old 01-31-2020, 07:53 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 5 (Unique: 5)
Quote: Originally Posted by nmkr View Post
sorry for the late reply, so far as i remember i detected the chip from alone after 30x remounting and connections issues..
What settings did you use in the usb programmer tool? Trying to flash my 2080ti but it's not working and now is bricked.
post #29 of 30 (permalink) Old 01-31-2020, 10:20 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 5 (Unique: 5)
Ok so after 4 failed attempts and bricking the card I finally got it figured out and was able to flash the Galax HOF XOC Bios on my MX based Bios 2080ti.

Here are the settings that I used in the USB Programmer software.

Keep in mind this is a newer 2019 model 2080ti and it has the MX bios chip so you cannot use the exact same settings as the original post.
These settings worked for me and I also had to use the PCB labeled SOP8.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2080ti.png
Views:	65
Size:	70.4 KB
ID:	323192  

post #30 of 30 (permalink) Old 05-13-2020, 08:03 PM
New to Overclock.net

New to this forum. I have a 2009 iMac 27-inch i5 2.66GHZ that came with an AMD Radeon HD 4850 512MB GPU. The card is no longer working when my daughter plays Roblox so I bought a Nvidia Quadro K1100M 2GB GPU to replace the AMD. I have to flash the Nvidia to work in the iMac but I am a little confused as to where to start. Should I get the CH341a programmer and do it that way or do you guys recommend a different method to get the card to work? I am a visual learner so if anyone has some tips or step-by-step guide on how to do this, I would really appreciate it. Thanks.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in