Selecting appropriate GPU for my old AMD APU build! - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

Selecting appropriate GPU for my old AMD APU build!

post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 08-05-2018, 01:10 AM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 0
Selecting appropriate GPU for my old AMD APU build!

Hello,
Four years ago I was much into PC building and stuff. That time, on tight budget I build a so called Gaming PC. Specs are:
CPU: AMD A8 6600k 3.9 GHz with AMD Radeon 8570HD graphics
Motherboard: Gigabyte G1-sniper A88x gaming motherboard
RAM: Corsair Vengeance 2x4GB dual channel XMP
Storage: 240GB WD Green SSD + 1TB WD Green HDD
PSU: Seasonic M12-II 620W 80+ bronze power supply

I bought PSU having in mind that for any graphics card I will install in future. Now I have LG Ultrawide monitor with resolution 2560x1080 21:9 aspect ratio. Simply that APU with inbuild graphics running on shared DRAM is not able to power my games. SO I was looking like a decent Graphics card just to run my current games like Player's Unknown Battlegrounds, CSGO, Far Cry 5 and GTA 5. I know the CPU really sucks, and will bottleneck with almost every latest Gcards.
I have overclock CPU at 4.5 GHz with stable clock and performance checked with prime95. This measures can be taken to reduce bottleneck a little. What do you think which GPU I should buy?
Note: I will be doing gaming as well as recording my game play. Games should play at ultrawide resolution with decent settings.
i was thinking of Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB or AMD RX580 4/8GB version. Don't have budget to buy more better graphics cards than these. Just want to know what are your opinions.
Any suggestion or help is really appreciated.
Thanks
Regards
Durgesh
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
Amd , bottlenecks , Graphics Card , Nvidia , ultrawide

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in