Looking for help with my 1070ti - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

Looking for help with my 1070ti

post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 01-29-2019, 08:50 PM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 0
Looking for help with my 1070ti

I play vanilla wow on a private server. Im being shown up by a clunker of a computer im throwing together for my gf, that is literally a bone stock 10 year old dell at the moment (i3 550, 6g of ddr3, no gpu). Im running an 8600k @ 4.5ghz, 16g of trident z @ 3200 (xmp 2.0) and a geforce gtx sc gaming black edition 1070ti running an overclock of 220/ 440. Originally, i could get over 130fps or so, but it looked weird so i usually used vsync (1440 max graphics). Since then I did the overclocking, checked all as being stable, i have no problems in other games that i can tell. Still the game ran fine, was practically pegged at 60. Quit for a while and i came back, now i cant get over ~50fps, set all settings and res to minimum, vsync off, etc, 50 fps. It still looks ok, even at max settings, but no matter what i do, i get random frame drops every 5-10 seconds, no matter what im doing. Ive tried reverting the over clocks even, no change. Really hoping someone can shed some insight. Forgot to add, according to gpuz and afterburner, my core clock and memory clock are maxxed 100% in game. Also, my monitor is a dell s2417dg, which is... screwed up, i dont know if that could be causing this somehow. G sync on or off doesnt change anything, monitor is supposed to be 144hz with 150 and 165hz overclock (wont stay OC just factory defaults). Whenever i try to set refresh rate in the game to 144 it just screen flashes and reverts, after 3 or 4 tries i finally got it to stick at 120hz.

Last edited by Doxnoogle; 01-29-2019 at 09:25 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in