How To: Unbrick Your Bricked Graphics Card/Fix a Failed BIOS Flash - Page 25 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

How To: Unbrick Your Bricked Graphics Card/Fix a Failed BIOS Flash

post #241 of 303 (permalink) Old 01-10-2017, 11:29 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikhan View Post

pins 1 and 8, picture is correct... pins are not counted counter-clockwise always
Based on flash chip pinout. For pm25ld020 it's 1 and 5 pins on picture smile.gif
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #242 of 303 (permalink) Old 01-20-2017, 08:08 AM
New to Overclock.net

Can I flash reference XFX rx 480 XXX Black edition bios to reference XFX RX480 XXX OC edition?
post #243 of 303 (permalink) Old 03-07-2017, 04:43 PM
New to Overclock.net

im following the proper steps and it isnt working, pls help frown.gif
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #244 of 303 (permalink) Old 04-05-2017, 07:10 PM
New to Overclock.net

Hey guys. Stumbled upon this thread and this seems to be the closest topic to what I'm looking for... I've tried just about every single method possible that my Google-Fu has lead me to, but I still seem to be unable to flash a stock BIOS back onto my XFX reference rx480.

I've attached a screenshot of what I'm dealing with. I've tried the -F switch to no avail. I've tried moving ATIflash to my C: drive to attempt to minimize user error. I've tried mutliple file renames, and I have been running the command prompt in administrative mode as well. I receive the exact same error every time, regardless of which method I attempt-- ERROR: 0FL01

Anyone have any ideas/tips/tricks? I'm at my wits end with this. The custom BIOS was flashed successfully and was working (mostly). I have tried flashing with the rx480 as my primary adapter and with the IGD as my primary and both times I receive the same error. FWIW, the rx480 is recognized in the device manager when booting on IGD.

Any input is greatly appreciated... I didn't budget for an rx580 so soon :'(
post #245 of 303 (permalink) Old 04-05-2017, 07:45 PM
New to Overclock.net

hey i just got a notification that you wrote a reply to this thread. the same happened to me approximately a month ago & i fixed it with a bit of help. Look at my thread & follow the directions on how i fixed my GPU : https://www.overclock.net/t/1624992/hd-6970-bios-flashing-gone-wrong
post #246 of 303 (permalink) Old 04-14-2017, 08:02 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 47 (Unique: 36)
Quote:
Originally Posted by s2kallday View Post

Hey guys. Stumbled upon this thread and this seems to be the closest topic to what I'm looking for... I've tried just about every single method possible that my Google-Fu has lead me to, but I still seem to be unable to flash a stock BIOS back onto my XFX reference rx480.

I've attached a screenshot of what I'm dealing with. I've tried the -F switch to no avail. I've tried moving ATIflash to my C: drive to attempt to minimize user error. I've tried mutliple file renames, and I have been running the command prompt in administrative mode as well. I receive the exact same error every time, regardless of which method I attempt-- ERROR: 0FL01

Anyone have any ideas/tips/tricks? I'm at my wits end with this. The custom BIOS was flashed successfully and was working (mostly). I have tried flashing with the rx480 as my primary adapter and with the IGD as my primary and both times I receive the same error. FWIW, the rx480 is recognized in the device manager when booting on IGD.

Any input is greatly appreciated... I didn't budget for an rx580 so soon :'(

talk to @chris89 he can probably coach you through your woes. he is a bios modding machine for nvidia and amd cards. thumb.gif

Cubic Beast
(19 items)
Dakine Server
(9 items)
CPU
i7 6700k
Motherboard
Asus Maximus VIII Hero
GPU
1080 FTW Hybrid
RAM
Corsair Vengeance LED 16GB
Hard Drive
Samsung 950 Pro 256GB
Hard Drive
samsung 850 evo
Power Supply
Corsair AX860
Cooling
Corsair H115i
Cooling
Corsair ML140 x2
Cooling
Corsair AF140L x3
Cooling
corsair commander pro
Case
Corsair Carbide Series Air 740
Operating System
Windows 10
Monitor
Acer G257Hu
Keyboard
Corsair K70 RGB Rapidfire
Mouse
Corsair M65 Pro RGB
Mouse
Corsair MM300 - Extended
Audio
stock Realtek AC1150
Other
Corsair Void
CPU
i5 4670
Motherboard
Asrock H87M Pro4
RAM
G.Skill Trident x
Hard Drive
Raid 0
Hard Drive
Raid 1
Hard Drive
revo
Power Supply
earthwatts 430
Case
cooler master storm trooper
Operating System
server 2008 r2
CPU
pentium g3220
Motherboard
MSI H81M‑P33
GPU
XFX HD 7870 Gigahertz edition
RAM
G.skill DDR3 1333
Hard Drive
patriot blaze
Hard Drive
Western Digital
Optical Drive
asus 24x dvd burner
Power Supply
antec earthwatts 430
Cooling
Intel 775 cooler
Operating System
windows 10 pro
Monitor
acer 19
Keyboard
cheapy
▲ hide details ▲
post #247 of 303 (permalink) Old 04-30-2017, 09:42 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 1 (Unique: 1)
I just flashed my Palit GTX970 Jetstream sevral times and I get almost the same results as before. What might be the rason? Are Palit cards hard locked or what? In benchmarks i have higher scores but in BF4 my core was 1515mhz now is 1519mhz or maybe 15130 -something. WHAT IS THE REASON ????
The screen shows 1605mhz but it crashes. i give a link to the BIOS i edited:
https://mega.nz/#!4hZknLYL!_ZR8yANMLDEOrD30ePV5TFyUfggvXOhNKM0b-hRdzBQ

post #248 of 303 (permalink) Old 06-20-2017, 03:07 AM
Linux Lobbyist

Rep: 4 (Unique: 4)
Hi

i already posted in the polaris bios mod thread but found this one while googling. maybe it's the better place to discuss my problem
Quote:
Originally Posted by Screemi View Post

Hi Guys

I have a "little" problem. Yesterday i wanted to flash a modified rom with better ram timings onto my Asus Strix 480 and afterwards i decided to "reflash" it to a 580 Strix.

I used the 580 Strix Bios provided by Hellm and something went terribly wrong.

After i rebooted my PC doesn't even Post anymore and i had to organize an other pci-e gpu. So today i switched my strix to Slot 3 and inserted an old g92 to slot 1.

I had bad flashes before starting with atis 9500 but never got stuck the way i am now.

All i can get atiflash to tell me is the following:

Don't know what to do else. Tried multiple Bios-Files. Starting with: https://www.techpowerup.com/vgabios/185508/asus-rx480-8192-160628

and some official Asus files:

But nothing worked.

Maybe someone can help me getting my card working again.

Thx a lot!
Quote:

Today i organized an other pcie-gpu and but the Strix into Slot 3 of my Board. There is a gts210
rebooted multiple times with no avail. sadly atiflash 2.74 seems to not work from a freedos usb stick anymore. it always tells me that "This program cannot be run in DOS mode". Did anybody encounter that problem as well?

the card seems to be recognized at some sort because gpu-z tells me it found a card:

and the card seems to work because i get solid 29MH/s with Claymore eh-smiley.gif

***? didn't test that yesterday because i assumed the card was dead.

no i found the following quote in the comments of the 8-1 pin method:
Quote:
Another kind of brick is that the system doesn't start at all with dead card inside, no boot or smth. If 1+8 is applied, the system starts to boot normally

that seems to be the case for my card. does anybody have an idea how to fix it apart of the pin shortening?

if not i have to go the pin route. does anybody have an idea where the bioschip of the strix 480 is located? after some googling i found a picture of the back of the pcb but the resolution is not that high. i marked the ic i suspect to be the bios.

€dit:

I tried atiflash 4.17 from 2013 but i get a "adapter not found". any other dos versions i can try?

€dit: i used every force string available with atiflash and what can i tell you: The freaking Card is up and running again!!!! should have tried that earlier. already got my solder iron ready biggrin.gif

post #249 of 303 (permalink) Old 07-15-2017, 04:09 AM
New to Overclock.net

It is my rx460 gigabyte wf 4g. Where are the pin 1 an 8?
https://ibb.co/ma5N2v IMG_20170715_151815.jpg 219k .jpg file
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20170715_151815.jpg (218.5 KB, 180 views)
post #250 of 303 (permalink) Old 07-28-2017, 10:09 AM
New to Overclock.net

Quote:

Hi

i already posted in the polaris bios mod thread but found this one while googling. maybe it's the better place to discuss my problem

no i found the following quote in the comments of the 8-1 pin method:
that seems to be the case for my card. does anybody have an idea how to fix it apart of the pin shortening?

if not i have to go the pin route. does anybody have an idea where the bioschip of the strix 480 is located? after some googling i found a picture of the back of the pcb but the resolution is not that high. i marked the ic i suspect to be the bios.

€dit:

I tried atiflash 4.17 from 2013 but i get a "adapter not found". any other dos versions i can try?

€dit: i used every force string available with atiflash and what can i tell you: The freaking Card is up and running again!!!! should have tried that earlier. already got my solder iron ready biggrin.gif

Was that the correct chip? Which is pin 1 and pin 8?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in