How To: Unbrick Your Bricked Graphics Card/Fix a Failed BIOS Flash - Page 29 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community
Forum Jump: 

How To: Unbrick Your Bricked Graphics Card/Fix a Failed BIOS Flash

post #281 of 306 (permalink) Old 10-14-2017, 01:47 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 1 (Unique: 1)
Del.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #282 of 306 (permalink) Old 10-30-2017, 04:26 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 0
post #283 of 306 (permalink) Old 12-17-2017, 11:22 AM
New to Overclock.net

Hi, i accidentally bricked my rx 580 and i cant make it work, i tried booting with atiflash from DOS with Igpu and when i type atiflash -i it says adapter not found. I am trying to do the 1+8 pin but i dont know of im doing it right because the card is still not recognized on atiflash, can anyone help me please?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #284 of 306 (permalink) Old 01-02-2018, 09:20 AM
New to Overclock.net

Hi people , one question , i shop 2 RX sapphire 570 itx , one broken 2 fuses , one pci and other 6 pin PSU , restored and the card work , first flash the card work , playing games and more , 2 days next open games and no signal , i reflash and problems , in the ultimate flash , download flash , the card usd Mamory SKhynix , and not star , the bios bugged , the picture look the problem , my question is for desolder the bios chip and used external programmer , and other option is used the bios chip the second card broken , how is the bios chip my vga card?
i flash for MSDOS boot pendrive and error 0FL01 ,and atiwind flash error not read bios rom.

This is my VGA card back Sapphire RX 570 4Gb itx

post #285 of 306 (permalink) Old 01-03-2018, 07:48 PM
New to Overclock.net

@mikhan

Thank you sooo much my king!!
I tought i bricked the card looool
I tried flashing a 8gb into an 4gb, but it showed alot of artifacts.
Couldnt boot from it, and also could'nt boot from onboard gpu, with this bricked gpu attached.

You saved my life!!!!!thumb.gif
post #286 of 306 (permalink) Old 01-03-2018, 07:49 PM
New to Overclock.net

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikhan View Post

if you brick your RX480 (in my case ref one) with wrong bios flash so the system even doesn't start with the card in, the famous 1-8 method still works:
1. enable IGPU or other videocard as the first in bios, connect monitor to it
2, make sure the system starts correctly without rx480
3. turn off the system, insert "dead" rx480, connect 1 and 8 pins on its bios somehow (soldering, paperclip or whatever, I used a paperclip), power on
4. if the system turns on, go to windows or dos, disconnect 1 and 8 pins on rx480 bios, check if "atiflash -i" sees the card then reflash it with proper bios file. Otherwise check if 1 and 8 are properly connected at startup.

rx480_bios_restore.jpg 247k .jpg file

@mikhan

Thank you sooo much my king!!
I tought i bricked the card looool
I tried flashing a 8gb into an 4gb, but it showed alot of artifacts.
Couldnt boot from it, and also could'nt boot from onboard gpu, with this bricked gpu attached.

You saved my life!!!!!thumb.gif
post #287 of 306 (permalink) Old 01-05-2018, 08:01 AM
New to Overclock.net

I need help. I carried out all the steps and got to the part where I enter 'atiflash -f -p 0 bios.rom' but it says 'Adapter not Found'. What do I do now?
post #288 of 306 (permalink) Old 01-05-2018, 02:27 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 3 (Unique: 3)
I removed a sapphire 280x from my PC to make room for a new MSI gfx1060 6gb. Now the new card won't boot. So I go back to the old 280x, PC still won't boot. When I was uninstalling the old AMD software, I also removed the 280x in device manager and then powered off. My mb is a gigabyte fa88xup4, I'm on firmware f7. Should I have updated the firmware before I did the install?
post #289 of 306 (permalink) Old 01-05-2018, 04:41 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 84 (Unique: 62)
My RX 550 is totally not going to unbrick... I jumpered the BIOS chip & it still does not show up in Windows at all... really sucks

Dell Precision T7500 : Dual Xeon X5675 @ 3.536Ghz X 24 Threads : 48 Gigabytes : Cinebench R15 : 1505 : AMD R9 390X 8GB @ 1173Mhz 1350mv 57599 Power Limit @ 1250Mhz memory error free on tight timings / since 1500mhz+ had errors galore
post #290 of 306 (permalink) Old 01-11-2018, 06:02 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 1 (Unique: 1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikhan View Post

if you brick your RX480 (in my case ref one) with wrong bios flash so the system even doesn't start with the card in, the famous 1-8 method still works:
1. enable IGPU or other videocard as the first in bios, connect monitor to it
2, make sure the system starts correctly without rx480
3. turn off the system, insert "dead" rx480, connect 1 and 8 pins on its bios somehow (soldering, paperclip or whatever, I used a paperclip), power on
4. if the system turns on, go to windows or dos, disconnect 1 and 8 pins on rx480 bios, check if "atiflash -i" sees the card then reflash it with proper bios file. Otherwise check if 1 and 8 are properly connected at startup.

rx480_bios_restore.jpg 247k .jpg file

I just registered a new account to THANK YOU, THANK YOU & THANK YOU for your information.

I brick my Sapphire RX550 2GB PULSE by flashing a wrong VBIOS (RX560) to test, and it is brick, the card seems completely disappeared, no matter I use DOS, Windows or Linux. ATIWinflash -i said "Adapter not found".

I found your post and try to short pin 1 & 8, until windows 7 start,
windows try to search for a new device,
I remove the "1+8 pin short",
I use ATIWinflash to flash the original backup ROM,
and the card is alive now !!!!

For those not sure which is 1& 8,
the pin with white dot / arrow is 1, and count clockwise, last one is 8, at the other end,
here is the picture, showing which 2 pins to short:

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in