Lost the urge to play games, need to enjoy playing games again. - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

Lost the urge to play games, need to enjoy playing games again.

Closed Thread

post #1 of 64 (permalink) Old 01-04-2012, 05:14 PM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 157 (Unique: 145)
I have a big problem... Im in a deep slump.
Lately my urge to game is declining, actually for over a year already frown.gif.
I have something deep within me that keeps telling me I find gaming fun and wants me to play but as of lately i get the "meh" feel(apathy) whenever i start to play a game.
Skyrim was that great that it was a exception, but not long it only lasted 26 hours, with mods many graphicmods to keep me playing.

I want to play but i cant get any fun out any game anymore that i did have out a game, i tried picking up some old games but it is just not there.
genre i like : (MMO)RPG, (MMO)FPS, Action, actually almost anything.
I tried to pick up some MMO's, i liked them before cause i liked to play with other people communicate etc, but that too didnt get there..
I bought Portal 2 couple days ago, neither i want to play, why?? I dont know i am in front of my computer reading Manga,and some really boring ones too, i only do this becuase of my boringness.

I do watch Anime& read lotsa Manga, but this gone great with it each other before, I also don't see a real increase in doing it either, there is a increase becuase of me not gaming.
I also do have got less time to do fun things, but this shouldn't mean I don't get the feeling to click start of the game. I have perfectly >1hour to play games a day without it hindering my other activities.
It was more before but well the decrease shouldn't decrease my hunger for gaming but increase it, right?

Well it ain't the perfect place to ask this. but how can i make gaming fun again?
I really needs some tips as I cant continue Gaming is a part of me and it will always be!
There is me that wants to game but there is something that blocks me of hitting the PLAY button.

I also do want to buy the PS Vita as i own the first PSP(Phat) I want to game but this problem stop me from buying, but I also Kinda want to buy it.

Now I am spending so little time in Gaming like 3-10 minute a week that it just doesn't feel right anymore..
Im very serious and need some help, no not mental craziness help but some advice to make gaming fun again,
I did have a idea of letting it rest and charge the desire of gaming but this doesnt work and I am scared of leaving the scene forever.

Thanks
-R

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 64 (permalink) Old 01-04-2012, 07:55 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 462 (Unique: 262)
I've encountered the same thing at times, usually trying something completely different brings me out of it.
Recently, I tried Alice in wonderland, the madness returns- I was VERY pleasantly surprised at how much I enjoyed the game, best single player game I have played in a long time.
Good luck, and GAME ON!
post #3 of 64 (permalink) Old 01-04-2012, 08:06 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 82 (Unique: 74)
I had this problem, I solved it by buying classic games from GOG.com

Cant beat some pinball

sniper.gifS.T.A.L.K.E.R Fan Club skull.gif

Stuff I say often.

The only things that love you are the things you have purchased
You can not beat a good sega soundtrack
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 64 (permalink) Old 01-04-2012, 08:08 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 282 (Unique: 225)
You're just growing up.

8/13/11
To this day, I wouldn't view my well being as a spiritual gift if it wasn't for you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TFL Replica go_quote.gif

I offer the cloud my finger.
post #5 of 64 (permalink) Old 01-04-2012, 08:16 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 19 (Unique: 19)
Idk why you feel like its wrong to grow out of gaming. I wish I could say the same, saves money and allows you to focus on more important things in life.

post #6 of 64 (permalink) Old 01-04-2012, 08:18 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 62 (Unique: 59)
Quote:
Originally Posted by PROX1MI7Y View Post

Idk why you feel like its wrong to grow out of gaming. I wish I could say the same, saves money and allows you to focus on more important things in life.

24 yr old here, took a 3.5 year hiatus before coming back to gaming around 6 months ago, i have definitely noticed a decrease in my quality of life but i keep playing rolleyes.gif

post #7 of 64 (permalink) Old 01-04-2012, 08:38 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 440 (Unique: 354)
Most games are just grindfests now. I think I'd rather work.
post #8 of 64 (permalink) Old 01-04-2012, 08:38 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 53 (Unique: 50)
Try playing games that arn't that hyped. I've found pleasant surprises in games I knew little about.

post #9 of 64 (permalink) Old 01-04-2012, 08:42 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 4 (Unique: 4)
Go play with your real life friends or get the new star wars mmorpg. wait for diablo3 next year.

I think you're just playing games that you don't like and you're making yourself like it. Its not gonna happen.

post #10 of 64 (permalink) Old 01-04-2012, 08:46 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 369 (Unique: 295)
Im sure we all go through this at some stage.

When I get this way, I pick a book (paper or e-book) and read. Usually its a Warhammer 40k novel or something historical. As I read through, I slowly get the urge to play out what Im reading.

Once the book is done, Im ready to rock and roll again.

Try it, cant hurt thumb.gif

GL

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in