How To: Anti-Aliasing/Shader Injection (SweetFX, GeDoSaTo, GEMFX, and ReShade) - Page 14 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

How To: Anti-Aliasing/Shader Injection (SweetFX, GeDoSaTo, GEMFX, and ReShade)

post #131 of 1673 (permalink) Old 09-19-2012, 04:23 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 20 (Unique: 18)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TFL Replica View Post

Post your log.log file. Could be a permissions issue. Where is your game installed (full path)?

log.log
Quote:
full path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Game\Bin\
redirecting CreateDXGIFactory1
redirecting D3D11CreateDeviceAndSwapChain
removing D3D11_CREATE_DEVICE_SINGLETHREADED flag
redirecting CreateDXGIFactory

I am using windows 8.

Edit: To be more specific on windows 8, its: Windows 8 Pro Edition.
Retail/Final not beta! Already activated.

Proof: http://www3.picturepush.com/photo/a/9839776/img/9839776.png

Not pirated, got it from this link because of subscription to msdn: https://msdn.microsoft.com/subscriptions/securedownloads/#searchTerm=&ProductFamilyId=481&Languages=en&PageSize=10&PageIndex=0&FileId=0

Just getting all that out of the way so you don't think its something to do with beta Windows or some crack.

Edit #2: UAC is off. I am on admin account. I have tried to "Run with admin".

Viper > Corvette.biggrin.gif
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #132 of 1673 (permalink) Old 09-19-2012, 10:57 PM - Thread Starter
It Just Works

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bboy500 View Post

I am using windows 8.
Edit: To be more specific on windows 8, its: Windows 8 Pro Edition.
Retail/Final not beta! Already activated.

Is the problem isolated to Sims 3? Have you tried any other games? I have seen scattered reports of dll overrides not working in Windows 8. I haven't been able to verify this because I don't have Windows 8.

post #133 of 1673 (permalink) Old 09-20-2012, 05:16 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 7 (Unique: 6)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Derko1 View Post

I don't have the game and so it does not work with all games. The way I have had it work... is that I set the ingame MSAA to whatever I want... typically 2x or 4x and then go to something like radeonpro and make a profile for the game. Set it to the same amount of MSAA as in game and then turn on supersampling AA as the AA mode.

I couldn't find an option for supersampling in RadeonPro - I'm using the lastest final version - Are you using the development builds? (I can't run those at the moment - they require NT version 6 or above (Vista or above)
If it's not that, then I just haven't found the option yet. Could you take a screenshot of where to find it in RadeonPro?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #134 of 1673 (permalink) Old 09-20-2012, 06:14 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 200 (Unique: 157)
Quote:
Originally Posted by CeeJayDK View Post

I couldn't find an option for supersampling in RadeonPro - I'm using the lastest final version - Are you using the development builds? (I can't run those at the moment - they require NT version 6 or above (Vista or above)
If it's not that, then I just haven't found the option yet. Could you take a screenshot of where to find it in RadeonPro?

Regular build...

skull.gif[Official] Delidded Crewman skull.gifCurrently Playing
Dead Space 2 | Batman Arkham Asylum | Grid AS | Mass Effect 2 | The Wolf Among Us | Max Payne 3
Finished Games
Anamoly | Home | DLC Quest | Limbo | Dead Space | Tomb Raider | Oil Rush | Legendary
The Walking Dead | Ittle Dew | Saints Row The Third | Outlast | Dyad | Max Payne | Max Payne 2
Steam Profile
post #135 of 1673 (permalink) Old 09-20-2012, 06:43 AM - Thread Starter
It Just Works

Deus Ex Human Revolution - SweetFX (SMAA) vs Built-In MLAA and FXAA High

No AA | SMAA | MLAA | FXAA

post #136 of 1673 (permalink) Old 09-20-2012, 06:48 AM
New to Overclock.net

Care to share your SMAA settings? I am using it and it does not look anywhere near as good as yours. thumb.gif

Dead Space 2 | Batman Arkham Asylum | Grid AS | Mass Effect 2 | The Wolf Among Us | Max Payne 3
Finished Games
Anamoly | Home | DLC Quest | Limbo | Dead Space | Tomb Raider | Oil Rush | Legendary
The Walking Dead | Ittle Dew | Saints Row The Third | Outlast | Dyad | Max Payne | Max Payne 2
Steam Profile
post #137 of 1673 (permalink) Old 09-20-2012, 06:56 AM - Thread Starter
It Just Works

Quote:

Care to share your SMAA settings? I am using it and it does not look anywhere near as good as yours. thumb.gif

It's the ultra preset with more max search steps. smile.gif

#define SMAA_THRESHOLD 0.05          
#define SMAA_MAX_SEARCH_STEPS 64     
#define SMAA_MAX_SEARCH_STEPS_DIAG 16
#define SMAA_CORNER_ROUNDING 25      

post #138 of 1673 (permalink) Old 09-20-2012, 07:09 AM
New to Overclock.net

Quote:
Originally Posted by TFL Replica View Post

It's the ultra preset with more max search steps. smile.gif
Code:
#define SMAA_THRESHOLD 0.05          #define SMAA_MAX_SEARCH_STEPS 64     #define SMAA_MAX_SEARCH_STEPS_DIAG 16#define SMAA_CORNER_ROUNDING 25      

So you are not using sweetfx? I know he uses custom as his preset... are you changing it to ultra?

I tried your settings and it's a huge improvement... I noticed one weird glitch, that shows a hexagon or might be a pentagon pattern overlayed the center of the screen in the opening scene when you are walking down the stairs. It went away and did not seem to come back though.

Finished Games
Steam Profile
post #139 of 1673 (permalink) Old 09-20-2012, 07:17 AM - Thread Starter
It Just Works

Quote:

So you are not using sweetfx? I know he uses custom as his preset... are you changing it to ultra?
I tried your settings and it's a huge improvement... I noticed one weird glitch, that shows a hexagon or might be a pentagon pattern overlayed the center of the screen in the opening scene when you are walking down the stairs. It went away and did not seem to come back though.

It's possible to modify the Ultra preset and use that but I find it's far more convenient to just edit SweetFX_settings.txt and set the AA parameters there. You can find the other presets in SMAA.h and use their values as a starting point. 

post #140 of 1673 (permalink) Old 09-20-2012, 07:24 AM
New to Overclock.net

Yep. That's what I have been doing. Any reason why I wouldn't just use those paramaters for all games? I'm guessing it doesn't look right with some? I just think this could just be my new ULTRA Ultra preset. smile.gif

Finished Games
Steam Profile

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in