How To: Anti-Aliasing/Shader Injection (SweetFX, GeDoSaTo, GEMFX, and ReShade) - Page 2 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

How To: Anti-Aliasing/Shader Injection (SweetFX, GeDoSaTo, GEMFX, and ReShade)

post #11 of 1673 (permalink) Old 08-21-2012, 05:36 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 83 (Unique: 67)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TFL Replica View Post

Which game are you trying to get it to work on? Sometimes you may have to disable the game's built-in AA and any AA forced through your driver CP to get the AA injectors to work (Dow 2: Retribution is one such example).

Crysis games mostly, Warhead/Vanila/Crysis 2 and Batman AC.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 1673 (permalink) Old 08-21-2012, 05:38 AM
Linux Lobbyist

Rep: 325 (Unique: 216)
Quote:

You could probably get SweetFX+ENB working by replacing the Inject FXAA files (including the renamed dll) with SweetFX's files.

Do it like this...

Beautiful Skyrim.zip 1,711k .zip file

Please note that is still a work in progress...

post #13 of 1673 (permalink) Old 08-21-2012, 05:54 AM - Thread Starter
It Just Works

Quote:
Originally Posted by psyside View Post

Crysis games mostly, Warhead/Vanila/Crysis 2 and Batman AC.

I don't have Batman AC but I could reinstall Crysis and get back to you. Batman AC should work fine just like every other UE3 game. Try disabling the game's anti-aliasing and running in DX9 mode and copying the contents of Inject SMAA's DX9 folder. Let me know if that works.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 1673 (permalink) Old 08-21-2012, 06:07 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 83 (Unique: 67)
post #15 of 1673 (permalink) Old 08-21-2012, 06:29 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 200 (Unique: 157)
Thanks for the tip guys! I just added it to my ENB and AA is better than the FXAA I was using!

thumb.gif

skull.gif[Official] Delidded Crewman skull.gifCurrently Playing
Dead Space 2 | Batman Arkham Asylum | Grid AS | Mass Effect 2 | The Wolf Among Us | Max Payne 3
Finished Games
Anamoly | Home | DLC Quest | Limbo | Dead Space | Tomb Raider | Oil Rush | Legendary
The Walking Dead | Ittle Dew | Saints Row The Third | Outlast | Dyad | Max Payne | Max Payne 2
Steam Profile
post #16 of 1673 (permalink) Old 08-21-2012, 07:46 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 196 (Unique: 156)
Excellent roundup of all the different injectors! thumb.gif SweetFX looks, well, pretty sweet.

I mostly have been using injectSMAA up til now to get AA while still keeping FPS over 60 in games that get bogged down with traditional AA methods. Those Clear Sky shots look excellent. I'm looking forward to trying it out on that since the xRay engine was never very kind to AA performance in the first two games.

One caveat you might want to add to the OP is that Steam screenshots will not show the injected FXAA/SMAA. Something about the AA being an overlay and not directly in the framebuffer or some mumbo jumbo of that sort. Best to use the screenshot option built into the injector.

Currently Playing
Iron Brigade (Now with Steamworks!) | Diablo III (6WW+2IK BK Barbarian) | Elite Dangerous (I <3 Rhino HOTAS)

Looking Forward To
Oculus Rift CV1 | Galak-Z | Star Citizen | Bedlam (Backed) | The Flame in the Flood (Backed)

Recently Finished
Tomb Raider | Metro - Last Light | Far Cry 3 - Blood Dragon | Costume Quest 2 |
post #17 of 1673 (permalink) Old 08-21-2012, 08:22 AM - Thread Starter
It Just Works

Quote:
Originally Posted by zinfinion View Post

One caveat you might want to add to the OP is that Steam screenshots will not show the injected FXAA/SMAA. Something about the AA being an overlay and not directly in the framebuffer or some mumbo jumbo of that sort. Best to use the screenshot option built into the injector.

Added some info about capturing screenshots. Thank you for your suggestion.

post #18 of 1673 (permalink) Old 08-21-2012, 08:37 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 7 (Unique: 6)
Quote:

I don't have Batman AC but I could reinstall Crysis and get back to you. Batman AC should fine just like every other UE3 game. Try disabling the game's anti-aliasing and running in DX9 mode and copying the contents of Inject SMAA's DX9 folder. Let me know if that works.

Batman AC definitely works with shader mods. I played through the entire game with LumaSharpen on (the sharpening shader now included in SweetFX), and it looks soo much better with sharpening than without.
I'm not at home right now, but if I recall correctly you need to place the files in the bin folder - and the same goes for most other UE3 games.
post #19 of 1673 (permalink) Old 08-21-2012, 08:49 AM - Thread Starter
It Just Works

Quote:
Originally Posted by CeeJayDK View Post

Batman AC definitely works with shader mods. I played through the entire game with LumaSharpen on (the sharpening shader now included in SweetFX), and it looks soo much better with sharpening than without.
I'm not at home right now, but if I recall correctly you need to place the files in the bin folder - and the same goes for most other UE3 games.

Welcome to OCN and thank you for bringing your expertise to this thread. smile.gif

If anyone has any questions or comments about SweetFX, this is your man.

post #20 of 1673 (permalink) Old 08-21-2012, 08:49 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 7 (Unique: 6)
Quote:
Originally Posted by zinfinion View Post

It's not a bug .. it's a feature wink.gif

The screenshot function in most games and overlays will capture the screen before it was modified by a shadermod.
This can actually be useful if you want to capture both a before and an after shot of the screen.

The best way I've found to do this is to make sure both the screenshot function in the game/overlay and in the shader mod are mapped to the same key.
That way when you press it, you take two screenshots of nearly the same frame, even if the game has no pause function - which is great for comparisons.
If it does have a pause function then I suggest pausing so you are sure to capture the exact same frame.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in