How To: Anti-Aliasing/Shader Injection (SweetFX, GeDoSaTo, GEMFX, and ReShade) - Page 25 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

How To: Anti-Aliasing/Shader Injection (SweetFX, GeDoSaTo, GEMFX, and ReShade)

post #241 of 1673 (permalink) Old 10-15-2012, 11:37 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 5 (Unique: 5)
Hi everyone!
TFL, you did a fantastic tweak for Torchlight 2. I probably going to use it as a reference to make my own.

I just was wondering, Is it possible to get banned from Battle.Net for using the SweetFX injector?
Because tweaking Diablo 3 was great to recover some of the gritty/darker tone we had in the previous versions, but I think everyone here knows how the people at Blizzard behaves when you do some modding to their games.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #242 of 1673 (permalink) Old 10-15-2012, 12:25 PM - Thread Starter
It Just Works

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leito360 View Post

Hi everyone!
TFL, you did a fantastic tweak for Torchlight 2. I probably going to use it as a reference to make my own.
I just was wondering, Is it possible to get banned from Battle.Net for using the SweetFX injector?
Because tweaking Diablo 3 was great to recover some of the gritty/darker tone we had in the previous versions, but I think everyone here knows how the people at Blizzard behaves when you do some modding to their games.

All game modifications run the risk of being identified as hacks. Having said that, AA injectors don't modify the game's files or memory structures and they don't allow players to cheat, so a ban in a pretty much non-competitive game like D3 would be extremely illogical and unlikely.

post #243 of 1673 (permalink) Old 10-15-2012, 12:52 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 18 (Unique: 16)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TFL Replica View Post

For CS, the injector is installed a bit differently. You need to copy the dlls and injector.ini to the bin folder then put everything else in the main Stalker folder.
I tried this but it still ctd. If I'm running dx9, don't I only copy over the dx9 dll's? Also afaik, it shouldn't interfere with installed mods.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #244 of 1673 (permalink) Old 10-15-2012, 03:24 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 48 (Unique: 45)
Seems like you can get SweetFX working in New Vegas. Looks nice, although I'm still having trouble. I'm gonna try it again later today or on Friday.
post #245 of 1673 (permalink) Old 10-15-2012, 07:31 PM
New to Overclock.net

I keep getting this, although I have the proper files in their needed files.
full path: E:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\STALKER Clear Sky\bin\
redirecting CreateDevice
initialising shader environment
D3DXCreateEffectFromFile failed
E:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\STALKER Clear Sky\d3d9.fx(72,10): error X1507: failed to open source file: 'SweetFX\Shaders\SMAA.h'

post #246 of 1673 (permalink) Old 10-15-2012, 08:33 PM - Thread Starter
It Just Works

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cykososhull View Post

I keep getting this, although I have the proper files in their needed files.
full path: E:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\STALKER Clear Sky\bin\
redirecting CreateDevice
initialising shader environment
D3DXCreateEffectFromFile failed
E:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\STALKER Clear Sky\d3d9.fx(72,10): error X1507: failed to open source file: 'SweetFX\Shaders\SMAA.h'

Looks like it can't find the header files. Have you copied the SweetFX folder to the Stalker Clear Sky folder?

post #247 of 1673 (permalink) Old 10-15-2012, 11:17 PM
New to Overclock.net

Quote:
Originally Posted by TFL Replica View Post

Looks like it can't find the header files. Have you copied the SweetFX folder to the Stalker Clear Sky folder?
Thanks TFL. I originally took out all the files from the SweetFX folder. I wasn't sure that you just had to unpack the 'whole' folder. Thanks. Your preset makes the game look dark and gritty, even for CS. Definitely took a fps hit, but my 7970 still keeps me at 50fps and above. thumb.gif

post #248 of 1673 (permalink) Old 10-15-2012, 11:22 PM - Thread Starter
It Just Works

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cykososhull View Post

Thanks TFL. I originally took out all the files from the SweetFX folder. I wasn't sure that you just had to unpack the 'whole' folder. Thanks. Your preset makes the game look dark and gritty, even for CS. Definitely took a fps hit, but my 7970 still keeps me at 50fps and above. thumb.gif

Glad to have helped. smile.gif

post #249 of 1673 (permalink) Old 10-15-2012, 11:29 PM
Linux Lobbyist

Rep: 6 (Unique: 6)
I guess if I wanted to hack a FoV for 3 screen play that would just be a variable in the client eh?

post #250 of 1673 (permalink) Old 10-15-2012, 11:47 PM - Thread Starter
It Just Works

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alonjar View Post

I guess if I wanted to hack a FoV for 3 screen play that would just be a variable in the cient eh?

Not sure which game you're referring to here but AA Injectors are not capable of hacking the FoV.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in