How To: Anti-Aliasing/Shader Injection (SweetFX, GeDoSaTo, GEMFX, and ReShade) - Page 28 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

How To: Anti-Aliasing/Shader Injection (SweetFX, GeDoSaTo, GEMFX, and ReShade)

post #271 of 1673 (permalink) Old 10-22-2012, 02:59 PM - Thread Starter
It Just Works

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derko1 View Post

Turns out that it was RadeonPro hogging the key... since I thought it wasn't taking the shots... I had 1949 shots in my designated radeon pro picture folder! tongue.gif
Got it fixed though!

Glad you got it fixed. Nice screenshots. Do the "before" shots have another type of AA on them?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #272 of 1673 (permalink) Old 10-22-2012, 03:03 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 200 (Unique: 157)
Downsampling. From 2560x1440 to 1920x1080 and the "High" setting in options menu. Which I am not sure what type of AA it is. thumb.gif

Why do you ask?

A few more shots. biggrin.gif
SweetFX SMAA/LumaSharpening/Tone Mapping/Vibrance/DPX

Same settings as in the previous page.

SHIFT 2 UNLEASHED.zip 228k .zip file

skull.gif[Official] Delidded Crewman skull.gifCurrently Playing
Dead Space 2 | Batman Arkham Asylum | Grid AS | Mass Effect 2 | The Wolf Among Us | Max Payne 3
Finished Games
Anamoly | Home | DLC Quest | Limbo | Dead Space | Tomb Raider | Oil Rush | Legendary
The Walking Dead | Ittle Dew | Saints Row The Third | Outlast | Dyad | Max Payne | Max Payne 2
Steam Profile
post #273 of 1673 (permalink) Old 10-22-2012, 05:32 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 18 (Unique: 16)
Are there any settings that should not be activated together? I'm trying to get Deus Ex HR to look amazing. For example, bloom is terrible imo because the game is already so bright. I'm really trying to get rid of jaggies and darken the game a bit more.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #274 of 1673 (permalink) Old 10-22-2012, 05:47 PM
New to Overclock.net

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cykososhull View Post

Are there any settings that should not be activated together? I'm trying to get Deus Ex HR to look amazing. For example, bloom is terrible imo because the game is already so bright. I'm really trying to get rid of jaggies and darken the game a bit more.

You can turn everything else off and reference this post in the settings to use for SMAA to iron out the jaggies. Look above the post to see some sample shots.

https://www.overclock.net/t/1296721/how-to-anti-aliasing-injection-methods/130#post_18196896

Dead Space 2 | Batman Arkham Asylum | Grid AS | Mass Effect 2 | The Wolf Among Us | Max Payne 3
Finished Games
Anamoly | Home | DLC Quest | Limbo | Dead Space | Tomb Raider | Oil Rush | Legendary
The Walking Dead | Ittle Dew | Saints Row The Third | Outlast | Dyad | Max Payne | Max Payne 2
Steam Profile
post #275 of 1673 (permalink) Old 10-23-2012, 12:56 AM - Thread Starter
It Just Works

Quote:

Downsampling. From 2560x1440 to 1920x1080 and the "High" setting in options menu. Which I am not sure what type of AA it is. thumb.gif
Why do you ask?

Just wanted to know what to put in the screenshot captions. smile.gif

Quote:

Bloom is useful for older games that look dull and lifeless. Most modern games already use (or rather abuse) bloom. One of the best settings you could activate for Deus Ex HR would be Tonemap. You can use Tonemap's defog to remove the game's ridiculously strong yellow/gold tint. Just hopped into the game a took some screenshots for you.

Deus Ex Human Revolution - SweetFX (SMAA, LumaSharpen and Tonemap)

To remove the game's yellow tint, try the following settings for Tonemap

/*-----------------------------------------------------------.   
  /                        Tonemap settings                     /
  '-----------------------------------------------------------*/
#define Gamma 1.0
#define Exposure 0.0
#define Saturation 0
#define Bleach 0
#define Defog 0.05
#define FogColor float4(2.00, 1.8, 0.3, 0)

If that's too much you can simply reduce the value for defog. You could also try applying bloom, hdr, vibrance or curves after this to get back some of the brightness and colors.

If you'd rather reduce but not remove the game's yellow fog/tint, it's a lot easier to do so with DPX.

post #276 of 1673 (permalink) Old 10-23-2012, 10:15 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 18 (Unique: 16)
Quote:

You can turn everything else off and reference this post in the settings to use for SMAA to iron out the jaggies. Look above the post to see some sample shots.
https://www.overclock.net/t/1296721/how-to-anti-aliasing-injection-methods/130#post_18196896

Quote:
Originally Posted by TFL Replica View Post

Just wanted to know what to put in the screenshot captions. smile.gif

Bloom is useful for older games that look dull and lifeless. Most modern games already use (or rather abuse) bloom. One of the best settings you could activate for Deus Ex HR would be Tonemap. You can use Tonemap's defog to remove the game's ridiculously strong yellow/gold tint. Just hopped into the game a took some screenshots for you.

Deus Ex Human Revolution - SweetFX (SMAA, LumaSharpen and Tonemap)

To remove the game's yellow tint, try the following settings for Tonemap
Code:
   /*-----------------------------------------------------------.     /                        Tonemap settings                     /  '-----------------------------------------------------------*/#define Gamma 1.0#define Exposure 0.0#define Saturation 0#define Bleach 0#define Defog 0.05#define FogColor float4(2.00, 1.8, 0.3, 0)

If that's too much you can simply reduce the value for defog. You could also try applying bloom, hdr, vibrance or curves after this to get back some of the brightness and colors.

If you'd rather reduce but not remove the game's yellow fog/tint, it's a lot easier to do so with DPX.

Thanks TFL and Derko1. But wouldn't maxing out the SMAA settings make it look better? Or does this only work game by game basis? Oh, and imo bloom always just looks terrible when enabled in this game.

post #277 of 1673 (permalink) Old 10-23-2012, 11:13 PM - Thread Starter
It Just Works

Quote:

Thanks TFL and Derko1. But wouldn't maxing out the SMAA settings make it look better? Or does this only work game by game basis? Oh, and imo bloom always just looks terrible when enabled in this game.

Maxing out SMAA is a tradeoff between image quality (diminishing returns) and performance. If your system is powerful enough, why not?

post #278 of 1673 (permalink) Old 10-24-2012, 01:54 AM
New to Overclock.net

I get a 10-15 fps hit with the settings TFL was using for Deus Ex. That's out of like nearly 200 fps average though. So like TFL said, if you can run it, go crazy with it! The settings I linked too on his post are pretty much what became my standard working point for all games. They do wonders for Deus Ex too, since there's not many other options.

Finished Games
Steam Profile
post #279 of 1673 (permalink) Old 10-24-2012, 12:26 PM - Thread Starter
It Just Works

The Ball

SweetFX (FXAA, LumaSharpen, Technicolor, Vibrance, Curves and Sepia)

The role of the new curves shader here is to darken the scene without killing the contrast. I wanted to make the game look more like a trek through ominous, dark ruins.

Edit: Added preset.

The_Ball_TFL.zip 3k .zip file

post #280 of 1673 (permalink) Old 10-25-2012, 11:15 AM - Thread Starter
It Just Works

Quickshot has posted an interview with the creator of SweetFX, CeeJayDK! If you're curious about how and why SweetFX came into existence, what it actually does and what its future plans are, watch this video. smile.gif

This interview inspired me to add a small section about anti-cheat systems to the OP.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in