How To: Anti-Aliasing/Shader Injection (SweetFX, GeDoSaTo, GEMFX, and ReShade) - Page 52 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

How To: Anti-Aliasing/Shader Injection (SweetFX, GeDoSaTo, GEMFX, and ReShade)

post #511 of 1673 (permalink) Old 12-22-2012, 01:36 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 200 (Unique: 157)
Dark Siders
SweetFX: Luma Sharpening, SMAA, Bloom, Tone Mapping, Curves, Dither... the shots are with 8xSSAA.

Darksiders.zip 238k .zip file

skull.gif[Official] Delidded Crewman skull.gifCurrently Playing
Dead Space 2 | Batman Arkham Asylum | Grid AS | Mass Effect 2 | The Wolf Among Us | Max Payne 3
Finished Games
Anamoly | Home | DLC Quest | Limbo | Dead Space | Tomb Raider | Oil Rush | Legendary
The Walking Dead | Ittle Dew | Saints Row The Third | Outlast | Dyad | Max Payne | Max Payne 2
Steam Profile
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #512 of 1673 (permalink) Old 12-22-2012, 02:02 PM - Thread Starter
It Just Works

Lovely screenshots. smile.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by Derko1 View Post

Hast there been any updates to the SweetFX configurator? For some reason it lost all of my stuff cause it crashed when I added a game. May have been an issue with my PC though.

There have not been any updates to SweetFX Configurator since version 1.3.3.

post #513 of 1673 (permalink) Old 12-23-2012, 06:36 AM
New to Overclock.net

Hey TFL... I remember you posting shots of DoW 2... I can't seem to get it to work. The log doesn't have anything useful either.
Quote:
full path: d:\steam\steamapps\common\dawn of war 2\
redirecting CreateDevice
initialising shader environment
redirecting CreateDevice
redirecting device->Reset
redirecting device->Reset

Seems like it's just not able to start.

Dead Space 2 | Batman Arkham Asylum | Grid AS | Mass Effect 2 | The Wolf Among Us | Max Payne 3
Finished Games
Anamoly | Home | DLC Quest | Limbo | Dead Space | Tomb Raider | Oil Rush | Legendary
The Walking Dead | Ittle Dew | Saints Row The Third | Outlast | Dyad | Max Payne | Max Payne 2
Steam Profile
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #514 of 1673 (permalink) Old 12-23-2012, 09:17 AM - Thread Starter
It Just Works

Quote:

Hey TFL... I remember you posting shots of DoW 2... I can't seem to get it to work. The log doesn't have anything useful either.
Seems like it's just not able to start.

If you haven't already done so, temporarily remove/rename d3d9.dll, start the game and disable the game's AA. If that doesn't do the trick go to ...\Documents\My Games\Dawn of War II - Retribution\Settings and edit configuration.lua. Ensure that "antialiasing" and "use64bitrt" are set to 0.

post #515 of 1673 (permalink) Old 12-23-2012, 11:41 AM
New to Overclock.net

Quote:
Originally Posted by TFL Replica View Post

If you haven't already done so, temporarily remove/rename d3d9.dll, start the game and disable the game's AA. If that doesn't do the trick go to ...\Documents\My Games\Dawn of War II - Retribution\Settings and edit configuration.lua. Ensure that "antialiasing" and "use64bitrt" are set to 0.

That's what it was! +imaginary rep!

Man! I'm so sad that I can not use AA... but it looks SOOOO much more detailed with it on. frown.gif

Finished Games
Steam Profile
post #516 of 1673 (permalink) Old 12-23-2012, 12:49 PM - Thread Starter
It Just Works

Quote:

That's what it was! +imaginary rep!
Man! I'm so sad that I can not use AA... but it looks SOOOO much more detailed with it on. frown.gif

Did you try using RadeonPro with ingame AA enabled?

post #517 of 1673 (permalink) Old 12-23-2012, 02:34 PM
New to Overclock.net

Quote:

Did you try using RadeonPro with ingame AA enabled?

I just did and strangely... I forgot to enable it through RP and it works! SweetFX and having AA enabled. It looks awesome with 8xSSAA! biggrin.gif

Finished Games
Steam Profile
post #518 of 1673 (permalink) Old 12-23-2012, 02:56 PM - Thread Starter
It Just Works

Quote:

I just did and strangely... I forgot to enable it through RP and it works! SweetFX and having AA enabled. It looks awesome with 8xSSAA! biggrin.gif

I might consider an AMD GPU for my next upgrade, just to be able to use RadeonPro. smile.gif

Not sure what happened between CoH and DoW 2 but the built-in AA options went from off/2x/4x/... to just on/off. On is equivalent to 2xMSAA IIRC.

post #519 of 1673 (permalink) Old 12-23-2012, 03:46 PM
New to Overclock.net

Quote:

I might consider an AMD GPU for my next upgrade, just to be able to use RadeonPro. smile.gif

Not sure what happened between CoH and DoW 2 but the built-in AA options went from off/2x/4x/... to just on/off. On is equivalent to 2xMSAA IIRC.

I looked around for an option to change it to 8 and it doesn't actually work. I thought it did... so now I'm stuck using 2xSSAA.

And yea... RP is so awesome! The dev talks daily with the community and fixes problems on an individual case by case basis. It's the only reason AMD have customers I think. tongue.gif

Finished Games
Steam Profile
post #520 of 1673 (permalink) Old 12-24-2012, 03:25 PM
Matcha Soda

Rep: 56 (Unique: 37)

Is this by any means good looking?
Before C3 comes out I wanna give C1 another chance of running well on my PC, I found a mod source but too lazy to download rolleyes.gif

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in