How To: Anti-Aliasing/Shader Injection (SweetFX, GeDoSaTo, GEMFX, and ReShade) - Page 61 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

How To: Anti-Aliasing/Shader Injection (SweetFX, GeDoSaTo, GEMFX, and ReShade)

post #601 of 1673 (permalink) Old 01-12-2013, 04:09 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 200 (Unique: 157)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjafada View Post

you should use radeonpro ; amd ccc is totally useless for game profil tongue.gif

True... but the issue with the AA is still the same with RP. The only annoyance is having to figure out which one works or not. tongue.gif

skull.gif[Official] Delidded Crewman skull.gifCurrently Playing
Dead Space 2 | Batman Arkham Asylum | Grid AS | Mass Effect 2 | The Wolf Among Us | Max Payne 3
Finished Games
Anamoly | Home | DLC Quest | Limbo | Dead Space | Tomb Raider | Oil Rush | Legendary
The Walking Dead | Ittle Dew | Saints Row The Third | Outlast | Dyad | Max Payne | Max Payne 2
Steam Profile
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #602 of 1673 (permalink) Old 01-12-2013, 04:18 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 8 (Unique: 8)
Then I am good with ccc.
Most games have option tos et value of aa and I can set adaptive/supersampling in ccc which always seem to work. Posted some skyrim screenshots in pc section of forum. thumb.gif

[email protected], Gtx1060 6gb, Hp 27ea
post #603 of 1673 (permalink) Old 01-12-2013, 09:45 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 200 (Unique: 157)
Quote:
Originally Posted by HiCZoK View Post

Then I am good with ccc.
Most games have option tos et value of aa and I can set adaptive/supersampling in ccc which always seem to work. Posted some skyrim screenshots in pc section of forum. thumb.gif

RP does much more than simply control AA. It makes making profiles for games so much easier. I have almost 350 games and have profiles for pretty much all of them. I am able to carry all of my profiles over under any circumstance. I never have to worry about losing settings that worked for a game.

Plus you're able to do FXAA, SMAA, and SweetFX with basically any game, even if it supports it or not. It's by far a more superior application than the CCC.

skull.gif[Official] Delidded Crewman skull.gifCurrently Playing
Dead Space 2 | Batman Arkham Asylum | Grid AS | Mass Effect 2 | The Wolf Among Us | Max Payne 3
Finished Games
Anamoly | Home | DLC Quest | Limbo | Dead Space | Tomb Raider | Oil Rush | Legendary
The Walking Dead | Ittle Dew | Saints Row The Third | Outlast | Dyad | Max Payne | Max Payne 2
Steam Profile
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #604 of 1673 (permalink) Old 01-14-2013, 07:38 PM
Linux Lobbyist

Rep: 98 (Unique: 93)
Can anyone tell me the difference between SMAA_Preset_Custom and SMAA_Preset_Ultra and subsequently the other in between settings
post #605 of 1673 (permalink) Old 01-14-2013, 11:08 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 2 (Unique: 2)
ultra is the max setting which search for jaggies
custom will take the setting from the SweetFX_settings.txt

the different setting are the size of the search for jaggies, but smaa is limited to 1X with the injector so don't expect much

and off course the widest you search the more it use the gpu
post #606 of 1673 (permalink) Old 01-15-2013, 09:42 AM
Linux Lobbyist

Thanks. Is there any color difference or anything of that nature between the different settings or is it strictly the level of SMAA applied?

I'm assuming Ultra preset gives the best visuals.

Is this compatible with BF3's in game MSAA? I don't know if maybe the new drivers gave a nice boost or what but I played BF3 with sweetFX + maxed settings for the first time in a while last night and my FPS is significantly better than what i remembe; even before smaa.

Also I'm looking for some recommendations for BF3 settings. I noticed someone earlier in the thread suggested turning off luma sharpen.
post #607 of 1673 (permalink) Old 01-15-2013, 10:08 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 65 (Unique: 42)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DBEAU View Post

Thanks. Is there any color difference or anything of that nature between the different settings or is it strictly the level of SMAA applied?

I'm assuming Ultra preset gives the best visuals.

Is this compatible with BF3's in game MSAA? I don't know if maybe the new drivers gave a nice boost or what but I played BF3 with sweetFX + maxed settings for the first time in a while last night and my FPS is significantly better than what i remembe; even before smaa.

Also I'm looking for some recommendations for BF3 settings. I noticed someone earlier in the thread suggested turning off luma sharpen.

It's not recommended to use MSAA + SMAA. You can, and it will work fine... but the thing is, when you use proper anti-aliasing, it hides the jaggies a bit. This makes it harder for SMAA to find edges to apply its anti-aliasing to (since its shader based and takes places after regular AA), and you really waste performance for almost 0 gain. SMAA should really only be used as a last resort when you have no other alternatives. Otherwise just turn it off.

Ultra isn't necessarily the best. You can put in custom settings that are better than what ultra uses... but honestly, the difference is really minimal.

As for BF3, it's hard to come up with SweetFX settings because Dice has different color grading in every level. Hell, one of the new aftermath levels is 100% yellow. You can try just increasing vibrance and maybe contrast a little. LumaSharpen isnt needed in BF3 because it already has pretty sharp textures. Youll end up oversharpening and making it look awful. I guess the exception is if you're using the highest transparency AA setting, which blurs the game a bit. LumaSharpen might help offset that... but it's not that bad.

CPU: Intel i7-7700k @ 5.0 GHz. GPU: 1080 Ti -- Asus Strix. RAM: 16GB GSkill Tridant RGB @ 3000 MHz. Motherboard: Asus Maximus IX Hero. Case + Cooler: NZXT H440 + Kraken X52 AiO. Monitor: Dell U3415W 3440x1440 \\ QNIX QX2710 2560x1440.
post #608 of 1673 (permalink) Old 01-15-2013, 10:26 AM
Linux Lobbyist

I know what you mean about the different colors in every level. The new aftermath levels aren't nearly as blue and depressing looking as the original maps. I suppose ill have to play around with the settings myself and see what everything does. I may have bit off more than I can chew here lol.
post #609 of 1673 (permalink) Old 01-15-2013, 02:19 PM - Thread Starter
It Just Works

There are some instances in which MSAA+SMAA is worthwhile. For example, you may find SMAA+2xMSAA to be better than just 2xMSAA and bear a lower performance hit than 4xMSAA. Nothing is going to replace good old Supersampling Transparency AA but some SMAA on aliased transparency is better than nothing (and it costs less). One such example would be Crysis (see comparison screenshots in OP). The only way to know for sure is to experiment. smile.gif

post #610 of 1673 (permalink) Old 01-16-2013, 06:49 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 65 (Unique: 42)
Borderlands 2 + SweetFX. Nothing too crazy smile.gif

CPU: Intel i7-7700k @ 5.0 GHz. GPU: 1080 Ti -- Asus Strix. RAM: 16GB GSkill Tridant RGB @ 3000 MHz. Motherboard: Asus Maximus IX Hero. Case + Cooler: NZXT H440 + Kraken X52 AiO. Monitor: Dell U3415W 3440x1440 \\ QNIX QX2710 2560x1440.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in