How To: Anti-Aliasing/Shader Injection (SweetFX, GeDoSaTo, GEMFX, and ReShade) - Page 68 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

How To: Anti-Aliasing/Shader Injection (SweetFX, GeDoSaTo, GEMFX, and ReShade)

post #671 of 1673 (permalink) Old 02-04-2013, 09:30 PM - Thread Starter
It Just Works

Resolution is automatically detected when you run a game. Those variables are used by Ceejay for internal testing.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #672 of 1673 (permalink) Old 02-05-2013, 12:46 AM

Thanks. I know about the settings file, I was just wondering about those resolution settings.
post #673 of 1673 (permalink) Old 02-05-2013, 04:42 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 330 (Unique: 238)
Just a 2cents.gif post here:

Remebered how I had my AfterBurner OSD working with SweetFX in Borderlands 2.

1) Remove any Borderlands Profiles from the Statistics Server
2) Set Global Application Detection Level to "Low"
3) Enable Compatibility Properties
4) Then just go through and set any Application Detection Level for your other games to "High" individually

Works again. Just thought I'd throw that out there.

post-flame-small.gifpost-flame-small.gifThe Windows 10 Club post-flame-small.gifpost-flame-small.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhaedraCorruption go_quote.gif
Oh but this is overclock.net We sandpaper our $1000 CPUs for that extra 2c.

“All Rocket League players are bilingual. They know English and profanity.” —Gordie Howe
Steam: crashdummy35 Battlelog: crashdummy35
Take a minute to welcome our new members from time-to-time...thumb.gif
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #674 of 1673 (permalink) Old 02-06-2013, 11:56 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 20 (Unique: 18)
Can someone try and make a nice preset for Sonic & Sega All Star Racing: Transformed?

I would attempt to do it myself..... but I don't understand 99% of those options.

Viper > Corvette.biggrin.gif
post #675 of 1673 (permalink) Old 02-07-2013, 12:32 AM - Thread Starter
It Just Works

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bboy500 View Post

Can someone try and make a nice preset for Sonic & Sega All Star Racing: Transformed?

I would attempt to do it myself..... but I don't understand 99% of those options.

The best way to learn about the options is to experiment with each one individually. If you have any questions about the options, feel free to ask them here and I will explain them to the best of my knowledge.

I'm afraid i don't have the game you mentioned. You could try out some of the presets in the OP (I've added a new section for presets) and modify it (or keep it as is). Perhaps Street Fighter is similar enough in terms of art style. 

post #676 of 1673 (permalink) Old 02-07-2013, 11:17 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 20 (Unique: 18)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TFL Replica View Post

The best way to learn about the options is to experiment with each one individually. If you have any questions about the options, feel free to ask them here and I will explain them to the best of my knowledge.

I'm afraid i don't have the game you mentioned. You could try out some of the presets in the OP (I've added a new section for presets) and modify it (or keep it as is). Perhaps Street Fighter is similar enough in terms of art style. 

Which options are the most "game-changing"? What would be a good place to start?

I'll try it later when I have some free time. Also would there be any guides somewhere on this?

Viper > Corvette.biggrin.gif
post #677 of 1673 (permalink) Old 02-07-2013, 12:34 PM - Thread Starter
It Just Works

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bboy500 View Post

Which options are the most "game-changing"? What would be a good place to start?

I'll try it later when I have some free time. Also would there be any guides somewhere on this?

The settings file includes a short description for each effect. I've also included CeeJay's descriptions (including the links to wikipedia) to the OP. That should give you a general idea of what the effects do. I would also recommend checking out the screenshots that have been posted throughout this thread.

LumaSharpen and Vibrance are the most straightforward and easy to use effects so it would probably be a good idea to start with those.

post #678 of 1673 (permalink) Old 02-07-2013, 07:34 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 65 (Unique: 42)
Sadly, LumaSharpen and Vibrance are the most abused settings as well. I see them destroying a lot of games. Not necessarily on these forums though.

A true SweetFX master learns the art of LiftGammaGain =) Some day I may decide to write up a guide on that.

CPU: Intel i7-7700k @ 5.0 GHz. GPU: 1080 Ti -- Asus Strix. RAM: 16GB GSkill Tridant RGB @ 3000 MHz. Motherboard: Asus Maximus IX Hero. Case + Cooler: NZXT H440 + Kraken X52 AiO. Monitor: Dell U3415W 3440x1440 \\ QNIX QX2710 2560x1440.
post #679 of 1673 (permalink) Old 02-08-2013, 12:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jim2point0 View Post

Sadly, LumaSharpen and Vibrance are the most abused settings as well. I see them destroying a lot of games. Not necessarily on these forums though.

A true SweetFX master learns the art of LiftGammaGain =) Some day I may decide to write up a guide on that.

I agree with most of that. The master part is a bit much to swallow though.tongue.gif

Here is my Dead Space 3 settings. Keep in mind I am downsampling to 2160p and only using smaa and fxaa so ymmv. No screenies but I kept the original look of the game including the bloom which you can turn off in the games settings anyways. Im a noob to this so any criticism is welcome. http://ge.tt/4t74asX/v/0?c

The textures in this game are something awful. It's best to keep things as dark as possible.tongue.gif

I think I will take a look at the dead space 2 settings that are out there and see how well they translate.
post #680 of 1673 (permalink) Old 02-08-2013, 01:29 PM
Matcha Soda

Rep: 56 (Unique: 37)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jim2point0 View Post

Somewhat true. I do it myself after all tongue.gif
I use a ton of shaders, and bring about the same effect only using LiftGammaGain would have brought. Gotta master it some day.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in