How To: Anti-Aliasing/Shader Injection (SweetFX, GeDoSaTo, GEMFX, and ReShade) - Page 69 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

How To: Anti-Aliasing/Shader Injection (SweetFX, GeDoSaTo, GEMFX, and ReShade)

post #681 of 1673 (permalink) Old 02-08-2013, 01:45 PM

How does this compare to downsampling?
I tried downsampling and got some impressive quality (I'm gaming on a 40" 1080p so going to 2160p was a huge boost in image quality for me).
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #682 of 1673 (permalink) Old 02-08-2013, 02:12 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 65 (Unique: 42)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slightly skewed View Post

Here is my Dead Space 3 settings. Keep in mind I am downsampling to 2160p and only using smaa and fxaa so ymmv.

You do realize that only one of the injectors for SweetFX (SMAA \ FXAA) work at one time, right? You can't inject both. You actually have to swap the DLLs if you want to use SMAA in SweetFX 2.0 alpha because it defaults to the FXAA DLLs.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deeldo View Post

I tried downsampling and got some impressive quality (I'm gaming on a 40" 1080p so going to 2160p was a huge boost in image quality for me).
This thread is about injecting AA, and the beauty of it is that you don't have to use it as a replacement. You can use it on top of anything. For best results, you'd want to combine downsampling with some other form of injected AA + in-game or driver-forced AA. For example, using SMAA from SweetFX while downsampling from 2160p + whatever in-game AA options are available smile.gif

CPU: Intel i7-7700k @ 5.0 GHz. GPU: 1080 Ti -- Asus Strix. RAM: 16GB GSkill Tridant RGB @ 3000 MHz. Motherboard: Asus Maximus IX Hero. Case + Cooler: NZXT H440 + Kraken X52 AiO. Monitor: Dell U3415W 3440x1440 \\ QNIX QX2710 2560x1440.
post #683 of 1673 (permalink) Old 02-08-2013, 02:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jim2point0 View Post

You do realize that only one of the injectors for SweetFX (SMAA \ FXAA) work at one time, right? You can't inject both. You actually have to swap the DLLs if you want to use SMAA in SweetFX 2.0 alpha because it defaults to the FXAA DLLs.
This thread is about injecting AA. It's not meant so much as a replacement, as you can use it on top of anything. For best results, you'd want to combine downsampling with some other form of AA. For example, using SMAA from SweetFX while downsampling from 2160p + whatever in-game AA options are available smile.gif

To be honest, I wasn't sure. But I am now. I should include that I was using the smaa dll's. I have fxaa enabled through nvcp enhancing the in game fxaa.rolleyes.gif Enabling csaa or ss of any kind resulted in a large amount of bluring and lost detail, even with more sharpening. And I've come to love the extra detail that comes with downsampling and sharpening.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #684 of 1673 (permalink) Old 02-08-2013, 02:15 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 196 (Unique: 156)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deeldo View Post

I wouldn't say it compares, but used in conjunction with downsampling it can clean up the edges further. I tend to use downsampling, sparsegrid supersampling and SMAA (through SweetFX) all at once. FXAA and SMAA are very light on resources and shouldn't cause any decrease in framerates.

Currently Playing
Iron Brigade (Now with Steamworks!) | Diablo III (6WW+2IK BK Barbarian) | Elite Dangerous (I <3 Rhino HOTAS)

Looking Forward To
Oculus Rift CV1 | Galak-Z | Star Citizen | Bedlam (Backed) | The Flame in the Flood (Backed)

Recently Finished
Tomb Raider | Metro - Last Light | Far Cry 3 - Blood Dragon | Costume Quest 2 |
post #685 of 1673 (permalink) Old 02-08-2013, 02:17 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 65 (Unique: 42)
Quote:
Originally Posted by zinfinion View Post

I wouldn't say it compares but used in conjunction with downsampling it can clean up the edges further. I tend to use downsampling, sparsegrid supersampling and SMAA (through SweetFX) all at once. FXAA and SMAA are very light on resources and shouldn't cause any decrease in framerates.
I wish SGSSAA was always available and worked properly frown.gif

CPU: Intel i7-7700k @ 5.0 GHz. GPU: 1080 Ti -- Asus Strix. RAM: 16GB GSkill Tridant RGB @ 3000 MHz. Motherboard: Asus Maximus IX Hero. Case + Cooler: NZXT H440 + Kraken X52 AiO. Monitor: Dell U3415W 3440x1440 \\ QNIX QX2710 2560x1440.
post #686 of 1673 (permalink) Old 02-08-2013, 02:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jim2point0 View Post

I wish SGSSAA was always available and worked properly frown.gif

That's just it. Throw in having to use lod bias in some games and it's just too much nonsense to fiddle with.
post #687 of 1673 (permalink) Old 02-12-2013, 02:18 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 8 (Unique: 8)
Guys. What is fxaa 3.11 ?

I am mainly talking about Dead Space 3 here.

What is the best antialiasing (minus adaptive msaa and supersampling) ?

High fxaa should be better than smaa right ? (Also in movement)

What fxaa and smaa does radeonpro uses ? it's fxaa aint so bad

[email protected], Gtx1060 6gb, Hp 27ea
post #688 of 1673 (permalink) Old 02-12-2013, 02:54 PM - Thread Starter
It Just Works

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiCZoK View Post

Guys. What is fxaa 3.11 ?

FXAA 3.11 is the version of FXAA used in InjectFXAA, FXAA Tool and SweetFX 2.0 Alpha. It was originally developed by Timophy Lottes at NVIDIA. You can check out his work by viewing Fxaa3_11.h in the shaders folder.

Quote:
I am mainly talking about Dead Space 3 here.

What is the best antialiasing (minus adaptive msaa and supersampling) ?

Have you tried downsampling in DS3?

Quote:
High fxaa should be better than smaa right ? (Also in movement)

What fxaa and smaa does radeonpro uses ? it's fxaa aint so bad

Very strong FXAA settings can be more effective at removing aliasing at the cost of blurring the image. It depends entirely on the settings you use. Configuring SMAA is a lot simpler.

RP supports both antil-aliasing methods.

post #689 of 1673 (permalink) Old 02-12-2013, 03:10 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 8 (Unique: 8)
Yhm. thanks.
I never found the blurring bad with any fxaa.

So I want to use fxaa3.11 in most cases as it is newest fxaa? How to inject it? What fxaa is in radeonpro (I like using radeonpro for stuff like this. Don't really like injectors or sweetfx too much).

As for downsampling. it dont work on 13.2 beta and I can't be bothered to go back to 12.11 to add 1440p frown.gif

[email protected], Gtx1060 6gb, Hp 27ea
post #690 of 1673 (permalink) Old 02-12-2013, 03:16 PM - Thread Starter
It Just Works

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiCZoK View Post

Yhm. thanks.
I never found the blurring bad with any fxaa.

So I want to use fxaa3.11 in most cases as it is newest fxaa? How to inject it? What fxaa is in radeonpro (I like using radeonpro for stuff like this. Don't really like injectors or sweetfx too much).

As for downsampling. it dont work on 13.2 beta and I can't be bothered to go back to 12.11 to add 1440p frown.gif

You'll want to use FXAA Tool by Violator. There's a link in the OP.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in