CS:GO 24/7 issue. - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

CS:GO 24/7 issue.

post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-10-2014, 04:15 PM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 0
I dunno who can be of any light here, but I've been playing CS for a long time and I can say that I am no noob at 1.6 and CSS. No matter how good my aim is or how much i learn the spray tactics in CSGO I literally can't hit anyone. It's not that I'm not hitting them, it's that i seem to get horrible hit-reg and really bad lag compensation (Black Ops 2 style!) which causes me to lose on peek advantages and die behind walls all the time. It's like everyone just pre-fires me and wins 70% of the time. I don't have any issues with any other FPS game i play (Wolfenstein ET, CoD 1, Quake, Gotham City Impostors and the other CS games) and my internet is not terrible either (fibre - quality line). 128 tick is a little bit better, but i wouldn't say it's a mega improvement either. Now i've tried all kinds of CFGs and config commands, but the game runs like ass and i feel like i'm being cheated out of kills a lot! Is there anything i can do to increase playability? Like is there anything I've missed!?

Thanks in advance!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-10-2014, 04:19 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 435 (Unique: 364)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaesor View Post

I dunno who can be of any light here, but I've been playing CS for a long time and I can say that I am no noob at 1.6 and CSS. No matter how good my aim is or how much i learn the spray tactics in CSGO I literally can't hit anyone. It's not that I'm not hitting them, it's that i seem to get horrible hit-reg and really bad lag compensation (Black Ops 2 style!) which causes me to lose on peek advantages and die behind walls all the time. It's like everyone just pre-fires me and wins 70% of the time. I don't have any issues with any other FPS game i play (Wolfenstein ET, CoD 1, Quake, Gotham City Impostors and the other CS games) and my internet is not terrible either (fibre - quality line). 128 tick is a little bit better, but i wouldn't say it's a mega improvement either. Now i've tried all kinds of CFGs and config commands, but the game runs like ass and i feel like i'm being cheated out of kills a lot! Is there anything i can do to increase playability? Like is there anything I've missed!?

Thanks in advance!

Very arbitrary question, what skill level are you? Take a video of what you're talking about. It's hard to tell if you're just bad or if there is more to it.

My System
(12 items)
CPU
Ryzen 5 1600
Motherboard
Asrock B350 Fatal1ty ITX
GPU
Asus GTX1060
RAM
G.Skill 8gb 3000mhz
Hard Drive
250gb Samsung 850 Pro
Optical Drive
SATA LG DVD Burner
Power Supply
EVGA 500w Gold
Case
EVGA Hadron Air
Operating System
Windows 10 Pro X64
Monitor
23" Asus 144hz
Keyboard
Microsoft Ergonomic 4000
Mouse
Logitech G Pro
▲ hide details ▲
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-10-2014, 04:27 PM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

I managed to get to Guardian Master (I think that's what it's called). Honestly I'm not terrible ;D I switch between the 3, but recently started playing CSGO a lot more and i noticed this problem happening so much that i got de-ranked to nova master! I got so frustrated that I went back to CSS and it was like night and day. real easy and smooth! Seriously though, I don't have any hardware issues and I've tried everything from TCP optimizer, Pro CFGS etc etc etc. nothing seems to fix it. it's like the game doesn't run smooth. like i'm playing Black Ops 2, which i know is the only other game i can't play because of the lag compensation making it almost unplayable for me (e.g. some guy runs around the corner, i shoot about 3-4 bullets into him and he kills me with one - tells me i died from 4)...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-10-2014, 04:30 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 28 (Unique: 21)
Might be a silly question considering your skill level, but are you buying kevlar?

DEW21689: So its agreed then? We all invest in our own private island community powered by solar panels, wind turbines, and water turbines and pitch in for the fibre optic runs?
Overclock.Republic? =P There won't be any racial prejudice etc... Just a concern of AMD/Intel/Nvidia fan boys killing each other =Ppost-flame-small.gif [Official] AMD R9 290 Owners Club post-flame-small.gif
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-10-2014, 04:31 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 8 (Unique: 8)
Quote:

I managed to get to Guardian Master (I think that's what it's called). Honestly I'm not terrible ;D I switch between the 3, but recently started playing CSGO a lot more and i noticed this problem happening so much that i got de-ranked to nova master! I got so frustrated that I went back to CSS and it was like night and day. real easy and smooth! Seriously though, I don't have any hardware issues and I've tried everything from TCP optimizer, Pro CFGS etc etc etc. nothing seems to fix it. it's like the game doesn't run smooth. like i'm playing Black Ops 2, which i know is the only other game i can't play because of the lag compensation making it almost unplayable for me (e.g. some guy runs around the corner, i shoot about 3-4 bullets into him and he kills me with one - tells me i died from 4)...

So you are saying you latency is 128? THat is quite a difference from many people that have sub 20 latency. Easily enough time to react.
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-10-2014, 04:38 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 435 (Unique: 364)
Quote:

Strange, that's a fairly easy skill level in my opinion. Take a video and post it then

My System
(12 items)
CPU
Ryzen 5 1600
Motherboard
Asrock B350 Fatal1ty ITX
GPU
Asus GTX1060
RAM
G.Skill 8gb 3000mhz
Hard Drive
250gb Samsung 850 Pro
Optical Drive
SATA LG DVD Burner
Power Supply
EVGA 500w Gold
Case
EVGA Hadron Air
Operating System
Windows 10 Pro X64
Monitor
23" Asus 144hz
Keyboard
Microsoft Ergonomic 4000
Mouse
Logitech G Pro
▲ hide details ▲
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-10-2014, 04:43 PM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaiserFrederick View Post

Might be a silly question considering your skill level, but are you buying kevlar?

lol yeah! standard. I'll do some MM and DM mix up and see if it records it properly. i did once watch a video of my performance and it seemed like my aim was slightly outta line even though i know for sure it wasn't. It was odd, like consistently out of line as though the enemy was there when i was playing the game, but not when i watched the replay...
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-10-2014, 04:45 PM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Quote:
Originally Posted by jared872 View Post

So you are saying you latency is 128? THat is quite a difference from many people that have sub 20 latency. Easily enough time to react.

no i'm talking about reg on 128 tick servers (non ESEA or FACEIT) and my reg on those can be off, delays when people die and all that jazz. my ping is usually about 20-50 max.
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-18-2014, 12:15 PM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

sorry to revive this old thread, but i thought I would mention some findings. After a couple of updates there has seemed to be a significant improvement when using the rates 80000/64/64/cl_interp 0/cl_interp_ratio 2 on MM. My ping, however on all MM servers is between 60-100 no matter how low i set MM server find to and i don't have shoddy internet. Hit reg wise it's also better, but I still have a big issue with dying behind walls and what seems to be people pre-firing me when clearly they're not (looks like i still stand like a lemon for half a second before firing when i know I was already shooting). Turns out that's just 64 tick (there is no cure for it) and it's also people who set their rates wrong - i see quite a few stuttering noobs with p90s - annoying as hell to hit!

As for 128 tick I just use 128000/128/128/cl_interp 0/cl_interp_ratio 2 because on aim servers there always seems to be some choke and cl_interp_ratio 2 does help a bit, but when trying out 128 tick servers without choke (usually smaller casual games) cl_interp_ratio 1 seems to work better.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in