Pillars Of Eternity - Page 3 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

Pillars Of Eternity

post #21 of 45 (permalink) Old 03-28-2015, 06:35 PM
Linux Lobbyist

Rep: 272 (Unique: 177)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alvarado View Post

I'm wondering something, if say, someone like me who never played BG or any of those infinity engine crpgs would have a hard time with it? I'm really curious about it but as far as crpgs go I've only played Wasteland 2, Divinity Original Sin and Shadowrun Returns. I'm actually hesitant because of the real time element to it.

It is not bad. You will do fine. You can set it to autopause when you enter combat, then you can give orders, watch them execute it, hit the space bar to pause again, give orders, unpause, watch, pause, give new orders,rinse repeat.

It is essentially only real time as much as you want it to be.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 45 (permalink) Old 03-28-2015, 06:50 PM
Linux Lobbyist

Rep: 453 (Unique: 358)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alvarado View Post

I'm wondering something, if say, someone like me who never played BG or any of those infinity engine crpgs would have a hard time with it? I'm really curious about it but as far as crpgs go I've only played Wasteland 2, Divinity Original Sin and Shadowrun Returns. I'm actually hesitant because of the real time element to it.

If you liked Wasteland 2 and Divinity, you'll like POE. I couldn't get into Wasteland 2 at all, but even though I like the theme/world less, POE already has me more interested.

Torment: Tides of Numenera has the most interesting world/lore to me (far future with ancient magic/technology everywhere yessir.gif), but it's not out yet.

Sent from my Sig Rig
post #23 of 45 (permalink) Old 03-28-2015, 07:47 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 98 (Unique: 75)
Quote:
Originally Posted by the9quad View Post

It is not bad. You will do fine. You can set it to autopause when you enter combat, then you can give orders, watch them execute it, hit the space bar to pause again, give orders, unpause, watch, pause, give new orders,rinse repeat.

It is essentially only real time as much as you want it to be.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brucethemoose View Post

If you liked Wasteland 2 and Divinity, you'll like POE. I couldn't get into Wasteland 2 at all, but even though I like the theme/world less, POE already has me more interested.

Torment: Tides of Numenera has the most interesting world/lore to me (far future with ancient magic/technology everywhere yessir.gif), but it's not out yet.

Well guess I'll take my chances then.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #24 of 45 (permalink) Old 03-30-2015, 02:17 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 32 (Unique: 29)
This have to be post here http://www.pcgamer.com/pillars-of-eternity-diary-playing-as-a-party-of-bears/ biggrin.gif

Enjoying the game by the way.

I<3[thread=538389]Mechanical Keyboard[/thread]
post #25 of 45 (permalink) Old 03-31-2015, 06:12 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 0
Here's to hoping that this game will keep me busy untill the witcher 3 comes out:P
post #26 of 45 (permalink) Old 04-01-2015, 06:12 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rubbish hyped game from 15 years ago. This thing will run on my nexus 7. Wouldn't have been so bad if they created a new unique way of playing, but everything there has been improved on massively since by other titles. Beautiful landscapes? Diablo 3. Beautiful graphics? DA:O. Just miles better and fully immersive Skyrim. These three games are the pinnacle of what was started years ago by IWD and BG.

Very disappointed with the pacing and act system. End boss fights and phases? One.

Although the main story wasn't as good in D:OS, I thought that was a more complete and well made indie game.

Also think the release price was 10 dollars too high.

post #27 of 45 (permalink) Old 04-01-2015, 06:18 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 105 (Unique: 88)
Diablo 3 has beautiful landscapes? DAO listed as having beautiful graphics? Nice April fools joke.
The game is supposed to look and feel like games from 15 years ago, not something new.
I loved Skyrim, but it is a completely different game and can't be used to evaluate this game.
Pathetic!mad.gif

post #28 of 45 (permalink) Old 04-01-2015, 06:39 PM
New to Overclock.net

Diablo 3 as a top down arpg style yes? The best to date. The number of times fights in PoE were obscured by a bush or tree? Almost unavoidable in certain encounters.

Nostalgic yes but the world video games has moved on.

Also they're very slow to address the bugs...

(Random word to end my post and smile)

Huzzah! smile.gif

post #29 of 45 (permalink) Old 04-01-2015, 08:38 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 105 (Unique: 88)
Well, we'll just disagree on some of that. tongue.gif
Welcome to OCN by the way.

Cheers thumb.gif

post #30 of 45 (permalink) Old 05-02-2015, 08:16 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 627 (Unique: 411)
This is the best RPG I've played in years ... certainly since Dragon Age: Origins. I think I even like Pillars better than DA:O, believe it or not. As an old school, die hard D&D player, I find the combat system, character attribute system and completely granular take on the mathematics involved in *everything* to be totally refreshing.

This is an RPG gamers game for sure.

Hope they release tons of DLC content for it ...

thumb.gif

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in