[Official] SOMA - Information and Discussion - Page 3 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

[Official] SOMA - Information and Discussion

post #21 of 160 (permalink) Old 09-24-2015, 05:41 AM
(not)New to Overclock.net

Rep: 99 (Unique: 80)
This is how you heal yourself:> Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
in order to heal yourself, interact with those pods with black tubes coming out of them. They are located on every level, but easy to pass if you're in a hurry

Custom Loop: EK Supremacy CPU block, EK GTX 1080ti GPU block, Bitspower C47 fittings & angled adapters, Bitspower Water Tank Z-Multi 200, Bitspower Pump Top&Mod, AquaComputer D5 PWM pump, Bitspower 12mm tubing, HardwareLabs Nemesis 360 GTS radiators, Gentle Typhoon AP-15 fans, Aquacomputer Aquaero 6 Pro
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 160 (permalink) Old 09-24-2015, 06:01 AM - Thread Starter
PC Gaming 1337 Enforcer

Rep: 841 (Unique: 542)
Quote:
Originally Posted by GetToTheChopaa View Post

in order to heal yourself, interact with those pods with black tubes coming out of them. They are located on every level, but easy to pass if you're in a hurry
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
I haven't beaten the game yet but I wonder if there is a downside to using those? What exactly happens to Simon when using them? I'm leaving Lambda now and things have really picked up, it's more interesting than ever.
post #23 of 160 (permalink) Old 09-24-2015, 08:40 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 57 (Unique: 47)
Quote:
Originally Posted by GetToTheChopaa View Post

Thank you! Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Suddenly it makes sense since they have a weird melted "plus" symbol. I was wondering what they did besides trigger the robot sometimes.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #24 of 160 (permalink) Old 09-24-2015, 08:57 AM
New to Overclock.net

Quote:
Originally Posted by boredgunner View Post

I haven't beaten the game yet but I wonder if there is a downside to using those? What exactly happens to Simon when using them? I'm leaving Lambda now and things have really picked up, it's more interesting than ever.
I'm sorry, I'm never very good at understanding what some of the stuff is in games. What is considered Lambda? I personally just got upstairs into the comm center and saved there last night. I've been going very slow and reading everything, but things don't always click easily. Thanks.
post #25 of 160 (permalink) Old 09-24-2015, 08:59 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 56 (Unique: 50)
Game is awesome! Work has been busy so I'm not very far, but I'm really enjoying it!

Agreed on the sound - aside from the voice-overs this game has some amazing sound effects and ambient music.

Gaming, building custom PC's, and discussing aforementioned topics is one of my valued forms of escape, so please contribute thoughtfully and respectfully! thumb.gif
post #26 of 160 (permalink) Old 09-24-2015, 08:59 AM - Thread Starter
PC Gaming 1337 Enforcer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reloaded83 View Post

I'm sorry, I'm never very good at understanding what some of the stuff is in games. What is considered Lambda? I personally just got upstairs into the comm center and saved there last night. I've been going very slow and reading everything, but things don't always click easily. Thanks.

This isn't even a spoiler so I'll omit the tags. Lambda is the name of one of the other stations, like Upsilon. I'll leave the rest for you to find out.
Quote:
Originally Posted by XKaan View Post

Game is awesome! Work has been busy so I'm not very far, but I'm really enjoying it!

Agreed on the sound - aside from the voice-overs this game has some amazing sound effects and ambient music.

Interestingly enough when you hear Simon speaking under water, the voice actor actually is under water so again it's very realistic. As for voice acting, it's pretty good. Nothing particularly amazing but it's fine. So far the dialogue isn't quite as memorable as Penumbra (especially Black Plague) but it serves its purpose as thought provoking material. I only have less than 4 hours in SOMA at the moment.
post #27 of 160 (permalink) Old 09-24-2015, 09:01 AM
New to Overclock.net

Quote:
Originally Posted by boredgunner View Post

This isn't even a spoiler so I'll omit the tags. Lambda is the name of one of the other stations, like Upsilon. I'll leave the rest for you to find out.

Ah I see. Thank you. smile.gif Hope I have more time to play this evening. We'll see.
post #28 of 160 (permalink) Old 09-24-2015, 09:04 AM
New to Overclock.net

So far I think the voice over is pretty good, short of a few lines here and there. IMO the animation of the people is what is letting things down for me at times.
post #29 of 160 (permalink) Old 09-24-2015, 09:08 PM
New to Overclock.net

Another hour down, and made it to Lambda and scoped it out a bit. Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Stupid thing got me while I was trying to help Catherine. Tired to run up some stairs and got stuck on them. frown.gif All healed up now though. Creeped the heck out of me.
post #30 of 160 (permalink) Old 09-25-2015, 08:07 AM - Thread Starter
PC Gaming 1337 Enforcer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reloaded83 View Post

Another hour down, and made it to Lambda and scoped it out a bit. Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Stupid thing got me while I was trying to help Catherine. Tired to run up some stairs and got stuck on them. frown.gif All healed up now though. Creeped the heck out of me.

Yeah I figured that enemy would scare the crap out of you. Wait until later...

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in