[OFFICIAL] PLAYERUNKNOWN's Battlegrounds Information & Discussion thread - Page 435 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

[OFFICIAL] PLAYERUNKNOWN's Battlegrounds Information & Discussion thread

post #4341 of 4364 (permalink) Old 08-13-2019, 01:01 AM
SpaceStationGaming

Rep: 459 (Unique: 350)
Quote: Originally Posted by doom26464 View Post
SMG are so good now, very few reasons to use an AR.

Mp5k is unreal, got through an easy 10kill win on vinkendie mowing down everything I see.

Only place I feel AR have use is in mirmari where you have to do some long distance sprays where bullet speed comes into play. Any other map SMG are pretty much best in your load out.

That limb damage boost along with AR nerfs have swung the balance around.
SMG's got buffed, but AR's are still better. 100-200 range a SMG will never beat a AR.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4342 of 4364 (permalink) Old 08-13-2019, 06:49 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 520 (Unique: 359)
Ya the MP5K is like the old MP5. Maybe even better. You just vaporize people within 50 meters.

I think overall though I'd still take a kitted M416.

GPU: TITAN RTX - 2175 MHz, liquid cooled
CPU: 9900K 5.4 GHz, liquid cooled
MB: ASUS Maximus XI Gene
RAM: G.Skill 16GB 4600 MHz
SSD: Intel Optane 905P - 960GB
DISPLAY: Acer Predator XB273K 4K 144 Hz G-Sync / LG C8 OLED / LG 38GL950G
post #4343 of 4364 (permalink) Old 08-13-2019, 10:36 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 11 (Unique: 9)
Quote: Originally Posted by dmasteR View Post
SMG are so good now, very few reasons to use an AR.

Mp5k is unreal, got through an easy 10kill win on vinkendie mowing down everything I see.

Only place I feel AR have use is in mirmari where you have to do some long distance sprays where bullet speed comes into play. Any other map SMG are pretty much best in your load out.

That limb damage boost along with AR nerfs have swung the balance around.
SMG's got buffed, but AR's are still better. 100-200 range a SMG will never beat a AR.
Hence why I feel AR only really shine in Miramri.

Any other map a DMR and a SMG is a better load out in my opinion after they SMG buff. More or less vector/Mp5k.

Micro uzi time to kill is high but its a bit harder to control. And well ump and bison are still bit too low on TTK.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4344 of 4364 (permalink) Old 08-13-2019, 12:07 PM
SpaceStationGaming

Any other map a DMR and a SMG is a better load out in my opinion after they SMG buff. More or less vector/Mp5k.

Micro uzi time to kill is high but its a bit harder to control. And well ump and bison are still bit too low on TTK.
Even the 50-100 range a SMG will lose. I think you're overvaluing SMG's. Personal preference I guess, but I don't think SMG's serve much of a purpose even with the buff. 100-200M range is still AR spray range where it will win against a DMR.

Quote: Originally Posted by CallsignVega View Post
Ya the MP5K is like the old MP5. Maybe even better. You just vaporize people within 50 meters.

Upgrading to a 9900K and playing PUBG is seriously day and night. 5.4Ghz must be absolutely insane! I don't think I ever see FPS below 135 even on a Pochinki hotdrop. Average close to 180-200fps and seen upwards of 400 around the outskirts of military base.
post #4345 of 4364 (permalink) Old 08-13-2019, 01:30 PM
New to Overclock.net

Even the 50-100 range a SMG will lose. I think you're overvaluing SMG's. Personal preference I guess, but I don't think SMG's serve much of a purpose even with the buff. 100-200M range is still AR spray range where it will win against a DMR.

Upgrading to a 9900K and playing PUBG is seriously day and night. 5.4Ghz must be absolutely insane! I don't think I ever see FPS below 135 even on a Pochinki hotdrop. Average close to 180-200fps and seen upwards of 400 around the outskirts of military base.
TTK on most ARs outside of the Beryl and groza is alot lower then a vector or uzi atm.

Wacky jacky did some good videos on it as of recent. What I see though, even amongst pro players is the resentment to switch to smg when they been using ARs for so long. Despite the data does not lie.

Yes ARs still have the bullet speed advantage which makes em easier to hit moving targets but also comes at more recoil control. SMG also have faster ADS speed and movement+ADS movement over ARs as well.

Last edited by doom26464; 08-13-2019 at 01:49 PM.
post #4346 of 4364 (permalink) Old 08-13-2019, 03:28 PM
SpaceStationGaming

TTK on most ARs outside of the Beryl and groza is alot lower then a vector or uzi atm.

Wacky jacky did some good videos on it as of recent. What I see though, even amongst pro players is the resentment to switch to smg when they been using ARs for so long. Despite the data does not lie.

Yes ARs still have the bullet speed advantage which makes em easier to hit moving targets but also comes at more recoil control. SMG also have faster ADS speed and movement+ADS movement over ARs as well.

Not sure what "pro players" you're watching. I played professionally in the National PUBG League (NPL), and SMG's are still not used at the professional level. ADS movement speed is irrelevant, you shouldn't be moving around ADS the whole time anyways.
post #4347 of 4364 (permalink) Old 08-14-2019, 01:36 AM
New to Overclock.net

Ya it's pretty sweet. Basically never go below 144 FPS/Hz on my 4K monitor. The 9900K at 5.4 GHz will help a lot when I get the 1ms IPS LG 38GL950G that runs at 175 Hz.

I'm not gonna lie, I feel quite comfortable running around Vikendi with the MP5K. Other maps I'd easily take an AR over Vector. Bullet speeds too low on SMG's for early mid-range. I know these days outside of crate drops the Beryl is considered the best eh? I don't play enough to have that harder to control recoil muscle memory down so I stick to a more user friendly kitted M416.

post #4348 of 4364 (permalink) Old 08-14-2019, 08:10 AM
New to Overclock.net

Quite a big change coming with the sound. Definitely going to level the playing field between those that don't want to risk hearing damage with those that do. I know people like ChocoTaco in order to hear the area in purple I circled are absolutely blasting their headphone volume.

"The engine can be turned off while driving, after gaining momentum and can be used for quiet, tactical maneuvers."
Wow that is huge. Going to totally change the dynamic of late game as people silently coast their vehicles into compounds.

Also love the weather update. They should never have removed the original fog setting.

Great HUD change so you can glance down and see durability of your armor.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	PUBG Sound.png
Views:	16
Size:	62.6 KB
ID:	288982  

Last edited by CallsignVega; 08-14-2019 at 08:51 AM.
post #4349 of 4364 (permalink) Old 08-14-2019, 09:49 AM
New to Overclock.net

Some of the sound changes might be more detrimental then good or just lazy cuz vehicle and red zones are too stupid loud. Also flies and ocean noise need some tweak. Not sure how I feel about the new distance sound tweak but ill give them time to implement and see how I feel first.

Vertical sound in my opinion is borked so if they fix that its already a win for me.

Wackyjacky covers most of it and I agree with most of what he says. Even in his own testing in previous videos he shows how borked vertical sound is.

https://youtu.be/2hFOmOY_dCs
post #4350 of 4364 (permalink) Old 08-14-2019, 12:33 PM
SpaceStationGaming

Quite a big change coming with the sound. Definitely going to level the playing field between those that don't want to risk hearing damage with those that do. I know people like ChocoTaco in order to hear the area in purple I circled are absolutely blasting their headphone volume.

"The engine can be turned off while driving, after gaining momentum and can be used for quiet, tactical maneuvers."
Wow that is huge. Going to totally change the dynamic of late game as people silently coast their vehicles into compounds.

Also love the weather update. They should never have removed the original fog setting.

Great HUD change so you can glance down and see durability of your armor.
My only problem with fog was how big of a advantage those who were on low ground had.

Ya it's pretty sweet. Basically never go below 144 FPS/Hz on my 4K monitor. The 9900K at 5.4 GHz will help a lot when I get the 1ms IPS LG 38GL950G that runs at 175 Hz.

I'm not gonna lie, I feel quite comfortable running around Vikendi with the MP5K. Other maps I'd easily take an AR over Vector. Bullet speeds too low on SMG's for early mid-range. I know these days outside of crate drops the Beryl is considered the best eh? I don't play enough to have that harder to control recoil muscle memory down so I stick to a more user friendly kitted M416.
Beryl is still not the best unless you're CQB. M416 is still king for most versatile AR which is what AR's are meant for.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in