Any way to use Xbox Wireless Controller with Windows 7??? - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

Any way to use Xbox Wireless Controller with Windows 7???

post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-14-2017, 03:48 AM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 627 (Unique: 411)
Hi ...

I have this Xbox One Wireless controller for PC:; it's the one that works with the Xbox wireless adapter and does *not* feature blue tooth:

And I'm using this Xbox wireless adapter (or trying to use it):

I managed to get it working with Windows 10 ... but for the life of me, even though I've installed the appropriate drivers for both devices (everything reports fine in Device Manager) ... I simply can't get the controller to work wireless with Windows 7.

Anybody manage to get the above set up working on Windows 7? For now, I'm simply using it wired on my Win7 machine but would love to use it wireless.

Thanks for any assist...

Joel

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-15-2017, 03:43 PM
Too Poor For This

Rep: 425 (Unique: 334)
I simply plugged in the wireless thing and synced the controller. I used the same Xbox One wireless controller and didn't have any issues.

skull.gifFolding Team: The Misfitsskull.gif
SIX TIME CONTINUOUS TEAM COMPETITION CHAMPIONS

post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-18-2017, 06:24 AM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 627 (Unique: 411)
Quote:
Originally Posted by VW_TDI_02 View Post

I simply plugged in the wireless thing and synced the controller. I used the same Xbox One wireless controller and didn't have any issues.

With Win7? Obviously I have some other issue, then ... thanks for the word ...

thumb.gif

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-18-2017, 06:41 AM
Rust Buckets for Days

Quote:
Originally Posted by s1rrah View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by VW_TDI_02 View Post

With Win7? Obviously I have some other issue, then ... thanks for the word ...

thumb.gif

I'm pretty sure I got my Xbox One Elite controller to work with that same adapter in Windows 7 just using the update through Windows Update, but I think I have to Re-sync using the buttons on the dongle and controller every time I move it between my Windows 10 PC and my Windows 7 PC.

There might have been a manual driver from Microsoft you can install but you might have to have Windows Update turned on for device drivers for it to find the actual Controller Driver once you try to connect them. 

Spoiler!

post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-18-2017, 09:22 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 72 (Unique: 58)
Quote:
Originally Posted by axipher View Post

but I think I have to Re-sync using the buttons on the dongle and controller every time I move it between my Windows 10 PC and my Windows 7 PC.

You'll have to resync the controller any time you use that controller on a different OS or a different system. If you use it on an Xbox One you'll have to resync when going back to PC. If you use it on a different PC, regardless of the OS, you'll have to resync it. If you use it in Windows 10 you'll have to resync it to use it with Windows 7 (or 8) on the same PC. Anything you change the system or OS you'll have to resync the controller.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in