No more Star Wars or Star Trek games - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

No more Star Wars or Star Trek games

post #1 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-01-2019, 03:07 PM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net
Kaltenbrunner Level 1

No more Star Wars or Star Trek games

I never played very many star wars or star trek games, but the ones I did, are some of my favorite games of all time like JKII:Jedi Outcast and Jedi Academy, some old SW on Sega Genesis, Empire At War, Star Trek Armada 1/2, ST:Bridge Commander.

Then EA and Disney takeover and there's 2 SW games. And I don't like the new movies much at all, and hate the Establishment SJW brainwashing, it's social engineering, it's an attack on the masses. (This thread will get deleted if I speak openly about that). And the exact same with the new ST movies, and the even much worse, ST: Discovery.

Practically no one wants to play video games of the new SW/ST movies or TV show. How would Rey be in a game like Jedi Academy with the way her powers just appear ???? Who would want to fight those new Klingon's, when u could fight real Klingon's with tons of lore.

And I've listened to some of the Star Wars audiobooks. Some of them are excellent And the depth of the lore in them is excellent, or was. I guess corporate Disney wrecked all that. Even the books from SW1,2,3 add so much more, it makes the movies a lot better (I liked them enough anyways). Just the lore of lightsabre combat styles and narrating fights in a book, wow does it ever expand on just what u see, it's great. And it overlaps perfectly with games like Jedi Academy.

Think of games that could be made with todays graphics, if REAL SW/ST geeks were allowed to make games again. Think of the space combat games u could make now, omg.

I wish I had the time, I'd learn how to program and draw and make whole games myself. I don't have stories in mind, but I'd get there too, without insulting the fan base and crapping all over lore.

And sure I can dismantle SW4, and other SW stuff that I do love. And there's loads of Star Trek episodes from all series that I don't want to watch again. And they preached a bit sometimes too. But they sure had lots of great games, and still there's insane games from SW/ST that no one made yet.

It's all been said before. They have STOLEN SW and ST from us and vandalized it and weaponized it.

Last edited by Kaltenbrunner; 02-01-2019 at 03:16 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-02-2019, 02:24 AM
New to Overclock.net
8051 Level 1

JKII:Jedi Outcast and Jedi Academy were some great games, but I liked all the Jedi knight games and played them all on PC. It would be great to see a Jedi Academy type game w/updated graphics.

The only Star Trek game I liked was Star Trek: Elite Force 2, a FPS shooter based on the Enterprise D(?).
post #3 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-10-2019, 11:53 AM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net
Kaltenbrunner Level 1

EF2 was fun, I played it a few years back on hardest, but I gave up fairly early, couldn't beat 1 of the 'turret gunner' parts. I think it was more like the Intrepid Class Voyager ship, iirc.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-10-2019, 01:50 PM
New to Overclock.net
skupples will become famous soon enough skupples will become famous soon enough skupples will become famous soon enough skupples will become famous soon enough skupples will become famous soon enough skupples will become famous soon enough

i wasn't even aware of many ST games outside of ST:O

and yes, those "new" klingons (pre klingon? since the show takes place between original and TNG)

I'd love some awesome new starwars games that aren't 99.96% based around MP play.

Story is what always made SW games great in the past. I have memories of playing the N64 one when N64 was first around, epic times.
post #5 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-10-2019, 02:14 PM
Graphics Junkie
UltraMega Level 1

I actually played elite force 2 recently. I never finished it as a kid and I went back and beat it now that I'm a much bigger trek fan.

Side note, The Oroville is the new star trek. Brannon Braga was an executive producer for TNG, DS9, VOY, and Enterprise and he is now an executive producer for The Oroville. He is really responsible for the vibe of all those shows. That's why The Oroville is so much better than Discovery. No one wants a trek show with klingons being modeled after Trump supporters. Star trek is supposed to be about a better world..

i7 7700kK @4.2ghz
16GB DDR4 3200mhz
GeForce 1080 Ti
post #6 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-10-2019, 03:09 PM
New to Overclock.net
8051 Level 1

Quote: Originally Posted by UltraMega View Post
I actually played elite force 2 recently. I never finished it as a kid and I went back and beat it now that I'm a much bigger trek fan.

Side note, The Oroville is the new star trek. Brannon Braga was an executive producer for TNG, DS9, VOY, and Enterprise and he is now an executive producer for The Oroville. He is really responsible for the vibe of all those shows. That's why The Oroville is so much better than Discovery. No one wants a trek show with klingons being modeled after Trump supporters. Star trek is supposed to be about a better world..
Most of the Star Trek series had nothing to do w/Trump, especially TOS and TNG.
post #7 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-10-2019, 03:15 PM
New to Overclock.net
8051 Level 1

Quote: Originally Posted by Kaltenbrunner View Post
EF2 was fun, I played it a few years back on hardest, but I gave up fairly early, couldn't beat 1 of the 'turret gunner' parts. I think it was more like the Intrepid Class Voyager ship, iirc.
EF2 starts on Voyager but the rest of the game takes place on the Enterprise E:

http://valkyrgaming.com/reviews/star...e-force-2.html
post #8 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-10-2019, 05:08 PM
Graphics Junkie
UltraMega Level 1

Quote: Originally Posted by 8051 View Post
Most of the Star Trek series had nothing to do w/Trump, especially TOS and TNG.
OBVIOUSLY that goes without saying. What I'm referring to is that in star trek discovery, the Klingons are literally modeled after Trump supporters. They're slogan, "Klingons first" is a play on "make America great again". This is fact, one of the writers talked about it.

i7 7700kK @4.2ghz
16GB DDR4 3200mhz
GeForce 1080 Ti
post #9 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-10-2019, 05:25 PM
New to Overclock.net
tostitobandito

I would pay all the money for a new X-Wing or TIE Fighter type single player campaign space sim game with modern graphics and features, and I'm pretty sure I'm not even close to alone. The sad part is that it wouldn't even be difficult to do. A small indie team could do it if they had the license for the IP. They could easily sell well over a million copies of something like this on PC alone (and could port to consoles) and it would hardly cost them anything to develop. Literally just reskin the mechanics in the old games with new art, write new campaigns, and profit. I don't understand.

As for Star Trek, the Armada games were a lot of fun but RTS's aren't really the thing anymore. Also, the Star Trek IP is sort of struggling right now, with no new films in the works and a pretty clear lack of talent among the writers/showrunners of Discovery. I know CBS is wanting to spin off more, but they really need to find some writing talent similar to what Ron Moore and others did back in TNG/DS9 because the Star Trek name can't save a garbage hour of TV. Hopefully if the Picard series happens it doesn't suck.

Last edited by tostitobandito; 02-10-2019 at 05:33 PM.
post #10 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-11-2019, 12:05 AM
New to Overclock.net
8051 Level 1

Quote: Originally Posted by UltraMega View Post
OBVIOUSLY that goes without saying. What I'm referring to is that in star trek discovery, the Klingons are literally modeled after Trump supporters. They're slogan, "Klingons first" is a play on "make America great again". This is fact, one of the writers talked about it.
I'm glad I don't watch the modern Star Drek series then...

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in