Tom Clancy's The Division 2 Information & Discussion Thread - Page 7 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

Tom Clancy's The Division 2 Information & Discussion Thread

post #61 of 79 (permalink) Old 04-15-2019, 05:51 PM
SpaceStationGaming

Rep: 459 (Unique: 350)
Quote: Originally Posted by Xinoxide View Post
Your build is basically a one man clan. Looking forward to seeing you solo the upcoming raids.

Haha, I appreciate that. A lot of grinding went into this build. I finally got my holster, I have slightly less health and armor by about 2-3k each on both stats. I get precise on my holster however for that extra 15% headshot damage.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 79 (permalink) Old 04-16-2019, 08:00 AM
I <3 narcissists

Rep: 207 (Unique: 131)
I never played the first game but I've got a decent amount of hours in this one and I can't help but think that this game will never reach it's full potential while it has PvE and PvP. There is a lot of fun left on the table for both modes because of having to balance between the two. I'm not sure why every game needs some sort of competitive aspect to it.

Quote: Originally Posted by keikei View Post
Cheapest site to get the game? Its either this or RE2.
It's just my opinion but I played RE2 for about 4 hours (never played the original) and it was easily the most boring game I have played in a long time. I wish I could give you the copy I got from AMD. It's very good looking and the mood/atmosphere is incredible, but all you do is walk around and look for stuff to help you get out of a building. I kept asking myself why I couldn't just climb out one of these windows I keep boarding up.

El Computer
(15 items)
CPU
AMD Ryzen 7 2700X
Motherboard
Asrock X470 Taichi Ultimate
GPU
Radeon VII
GPU
EVGA 2080ti FTW3 Ultra
RAM
G.SKILL TridentZ RGB
Hard Drive
Samsung 970 EVO
Hard Drive
CRUCIAL 1TB MX500 M.2
Power Supply
EVGA G3
Cooling
CORSAIR H150I PRO
Case
LianLi PC-O11 Dynamic
Operating System
Windows 10 Pro
Monitor
LG 32GK850G
Monitor
50" Vizio 4k TV
Keyboard
Logitech G110
Mouse
G.SKILL RIPJAWS MX780 USB
▲ hide details ▲

post #63 of 79 (permalink) Old 04-16-2019, 08:01 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 277 (Unique: 246)
Quote: Originally Posted by bigjdubb View Post
I never played the first game but I've got a decent amount of hours in this one and I can't help but think that this game will never reach it's full potential while it has PvE and PvP. There is a lot of fun left on the table for both modes because of having to balance between the two. I'm not sure why every game needs some sort of competitive aspect to it.

It's just my opinion but I played RE2 for about 4 hours (never played the original) and it was easily the most boring game I have played in a long time. I wish I could give you the copy I got from AMD. It's very good looking and the mood/atmosphere is incredible, but all you do is walk around and look for stuff to help you get out of a building. I kept asking myself why I couldn't just climb out one of these windows I keep boarding up.

You gotta get past the introduction to the mechanics for it to get really juicy. I will say though that after you do all 4 playthroughs it gets a little repetitive. But then there are the challenge missions. Quite fun.

LittleBitties
(13 items)
PC of the Son.
(9 items)
CPU
ryzen 7 2700
Motherboard
ASRock X470 Gaming-ITX
GPU
ASRock Phantom Gaming X Radeon RX Vega 64
RAM
Ripjaws V 2x8GB 3333MHz
Hard Drive
Intel 660p M.2 512GB
Power Supply
EVGA SUPERNOVA G2 1000
Cooling
Corsair H100i v2
Case
Metallic Gear MGNE210 BLACK
Monitor
Viotek GN34C
Keyboard
Corsair K75 LUX
Mouse
Corsair M65 RGB
Mousepad
Corsair "speedmat?"
Audio
AKG K240 ( 1987 )
CPU
AMD Athlon 950
Motherboard
ASRock AB350M
GPU
Zotac GTX 1050Ti OC
RAM
GeIL EVO SPEAR 2x4GB DDR4-2400
Hard Drive
HP EX900 500GB M.2
Power Supply
Corsair CX450M
Cooling
AMD Wraith SPIRE RGB
Case
CM Q300L
Monitor
QNIX 2710
▲ hide details ▲
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #64 of 79 (permalink) Old 04-17-2019, 05:39 AM
Mmmm donuts.....

Rep: 2 (Unique: 2)
So decided to install it instead of selling my key, took something like 6mins (gotta love downloading at 110MB/s took no time at all). It's def improved quite a lot even from the closed/open beta. If anyone is interested in playing with a level 3 (although I'm much higher then that having played the closed alpha and closed beta lol). It's quite a lot of fun.

My 1700x build
(6 items)
CPU
1700x
Motherboard
ROG Crosshair VI Hero
GPU
Vega 64
RAM
Corsair 16gb 3200mhz CL16
Power Supply
Corsair RM1000
Case
Core X5
▲ hide details ▲
post #65 of 79 (permalink) Old 04-18-2019, 01:35 PM
I <3 narcissists

The developers stated that they are going to be adding 515 gear score loot drops, but they will only be in the Dark Zone. They make a game that has terrible PvP combat, and a terrible PvP system behind that combat, and think that the way to get people to play PvP is to provide better rewards???

I think my Division 2 career is going to end up being a short one if I have to deal with PvP to get the best loot for raids.

El Computer
(15 items)
CPU
AMD Ryzen 7 2700X
Motherboard
GPU
Radeon VII
GPU
EVGA 2080ti FTW3 Ultra
RAM
G.SKILL TridentZ RGB
Hard Drive
Samsung 970 EVO
Hard Drive
CRUCIAL 1TB MX500 M.2
Power Supply
EVGA G3
Cooling
CORSAIR H150I PRO
Case
LianLi PC-O11 Dynamic
Operating System
Windows 10 Pro
Monitor
LG 32GK850G
Monitor
50" Vizio 4k TV
Keyboard
Logitech G110
Mouse
▲ hide details ▲

post #66 of 79 (permalink) Old 04-18-2019, 07:50 PM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 2 (Unique: 2)
Open invite to anyone who wants to join a clan.

Quote me or PM me to for invite.

Rig 1: i7-5775c @4.1, MSI 1080ti Gaming X @2037/6102, MSI Z97 Gaming 5, Corsair Vengeance Pro 2400, Corsair AX860, Corsair H110i

Rig 2: i7-4790k @4.8, MSI 980ti Gaming X @1440/7800, ASUS Z97-A/USB 3.1, Corsair Vengeance Pro 1886, EVGA GS 850W, Corsair H105
post #67 of 79 (permalink) Old 04-18-2019, 09:19 PM
SpaceStationGaming

The developers stated that they are going to be adding 515 gear score loot drops, but they will only be in the Dark Zone. They make a game that has terrible PvP combat, and a terrible PvP system behind that combat, and think that the way to get people to play PvP is to provide better rewards???

I think my Division 2 career is going to end up being a short one if I have to deal with PvP to get the best loot for raids.
Honestly the difference between 500GS items and 515 are going to be insanely small. The difference even from 450 to 500 is tiny, it's mainly additional armor.

What's so awful about the PvP? I find DarkZone enjoyable, but it's also because I have a PvP build that just melts everyone who's using the "meta" builds.
post #68 of 79 (permalink) Old 04-19-2019, 09:02 AM
I <3 narcissists

The whole concept of the game works fine for single play or co-op against npc's but there is an awful lot of luck involved with making a build (almost all luck and time, we can be nice and call it determination) and that just doesn't seem competitive to me. I might feel differently if you could attain the best wepaon, armor, or skill through some means other than luck, but that's just how the game is made.

It just doesn't feel right for PvP to me. That being said, most of the reason I don't want to do PvP is simply that I don't want to do PvP. If I want to play against other people I will go play a game that's designed for it.

El Computer
(15 items)
CPU
AMD Ryzen 7 2700X
Motherboard
GPU
Radeon VII
GPU
EVGA 2080ti FTW3 Ultra
RAM
G.SKILL TridentZ RGB
Hard Drive
Samsung 970 EVO
Hard Drive
CRUCIAL 1TB MX500 M.2
Power Supply
EVGA G3
Cooling
CORSAIR H150I PRO
Case
LianLi PC-O11 Dynamic
Operating System
Windows 10 Pro
Monitor
LG 32GK850G
Monitor
50" Vizio 4k TV
Keyboard
Logitech G110
Mouse
▲ hide details ▲

post #69 of 79 (permalink) Old 04-19-2019, 05:35 PM
SpaceStationGaming

The whole concept of the game works fine for single play or co-op against npc's but there is an awful lot of luck involved with making a build (almost all luck and time, we can be nice and call it determination) and that just doesn't seem competitive to me. I might feel differently if you could attain the best wepaon, armor, or skill through some means other than luck, but that's just how the game is made.

It just doesn't feel right for PvP to me. That being said, most of the reason I don't want to do PvP is simply that I don't want to do PvP. If I want to play against other people I will go play a game that's designed for it.
I don't think you understand how easy it is to make a build in this game due to the lack of variety. It takes maybe 2 hours in the DZ to make a solid PVP build. You don't need the "best" of anything especially since majority of the PVP in this game is normalized.
post #70 of 79 (permalink) Old 04-22-2019, 09:33 AM
I <3 narcissists

Maybe I just have bad luck but I have a really hard time farming in the DZ. Every time I get a landmark going or start a drop a rouge group will come and shoot me in the back before I can complete it and pick up loot. When I was below level 30 I didn't really have this problem, but now I have far better success doing challenge missions that jerk offs can't come in and ruin. All of this is probably going to get a lot worse once they start putting better gear drops in the Dark Zone, I'm sure all those players who love taking on unsuspecting players are just licking their chops.

The conflict PvP stuff is fine, it's more of a fair fight situation where everyone is expecting to fight other players. My problem there is that it's sort of like a crappy version of COD. I would much rather jump in another game that has good PvP combat, even the worst multiplayer FPS shooters are better at PvP than this game is.

El Computer
(15 items)
CPU
AMD Ryzen 7 2700X
Motherboard
GPU
Radeon VII
GPU
EVGA 2080ti FTW3 Ultra
RAM
G.SKILL TridentZ RGB
Hard Drive
Samsung 970 EVO
Hard Drive
CRUCIAL 1TB MX500 M.2
Power Supply
EVGA G3
Cooling
CORSAIR H150I PRO
Case
LianLi PC-O11 Dynamic
Operating System
Windows 10 Pro
Monitor
LG 32GK850G
Monitor
50" Vizio 4k TV
Keyboard
Logitech G110
Mouse
▲ hide details ▲

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in