I urge people to go into an open area, stand still, check your FPS. Then wave the mouse around and continue to check the FPS. Is anyone seeing massive FPS drops when moving the mouse around?
Things to note:
1) Issue persists when using a game pad.
2) FPS also reduces significantly when running.
3) FPS is sky high in any scene when I'm stood still.
4) I do not observe any of this behaviour in other demanding games.
5) Normally, FPS drops caused by movement are motion blur tied. This title has no options for blur.
6) Changing any setting doesn't help. Yes, the FPS can go higher on low settings, but there's still huge drops when moving.
7) Again, the best way to test is stand still, record FPS, move mouse around, record FPS. You'll see huge drops.
8) FOV is also linked to FPS reduction. Stand still, record FPS. Zoom in with side arm, record FPS. You'll see a fair FPS gain.
9) FPS reduction is NOT caused by stuttering, frame time latency or resource fetch stuttering.
10) Have tried disabling HT, Full Screen Opt, DPI override, Game Mode ect.
11) Issue is specific to this game, regardless of settings or API.
Intel Core i9 9900K HT 5GHz
GIGABYTE Z390 Ultra
AMD ASUS STRIX OC VEGA 64
G-Skill Trident 2x8GB DDR4 4000MHz
Samsung EVO NVM.e 250GB
SeaSonic 1250W Gold
Corsair 900D + Custom Loop.
Last edited by BradleyW; 03-15-2019 at 11:25 AM.