Deus Ex Mankind Divided: stuck at 5500 EXP - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

Deus Ex Mankind Divided: stuck at 5500 EXP

post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-04-2019, 03:50 PM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 21 (Unique: 15)
Deus Ex Mankind Divided: stuck at 5500 EXP

For some reason I can't get any more EXP in this game and I'm stuck at 5500 EXP. I'm still stuck in Prague during the day and haven't yet visited the bombed out Rukisa train station. My EXP won't increase and I'm not getting anymore praxis kits... Anyone know what's going on?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-04-2019, 04:30 PM
Phenomenologist

Rep: 173 (Unique: 143)
This is an odd one, must be a rare bug. Do you have a save you can back up to and maybe try fresh? and try to verify the steam files as well... hmmm

AIR VPN IS THE BEST VPN OUT THERE. Just do it.
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-05-2019, 04:49 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 15 (Unique: 15)
IDK but whats the game like ? I liked HR a lot, never played any others. I wished the town in HR was more detailed, both graphics and NPCs. I have the DLC expansion but never tried it. Now looking back DE:HR looks pretty boxy, so IDK, never tried the expansion.

What DE:MD like ? Why is it 1 of the games that gets 40-50fps w/ rtx 2070 @4k

Last edited by Kaltenbrunner; 03-05-2019 at 04:52 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-05-2019, 05:07 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 526 (Unique: 297)
Quote: Originally Posted by Kaltenbrunner View Post
IDK but whats the game like ? I liked HR a lot, never played any others. I wished the town in HR was more detailed, both graphics and NPCs. I have the DLC expansion but never tried it. Now looking back DE:HR looks pretty boxy, so IDK, never tried the expansion.

What DE:MD like ? Why is it 1 of the games that gets 40-50fps w/ rtx 2070 @4k
as to OP, sounds like you need to return to an old save or reroll

---

It's OK. There's a bit more QTE run & duck & tuck stuff, & the controls have evolved immensely. I however don't find myself playing it for long periods of time, whereas I damn near one shot HR.

why the graphics? I guess Because Square Enix went cray with the graphics. ultra realism + good amount of AA required for the jaggies, even @ 4K.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-05-2019, 09:08 PM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

I wonder if it could be because I'm holding onto my praxis kits instead of using them? Or maybe the game doesn't want you to accrue too many praxis kits and augs at such an early point in the game?
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-17-2019, 04:44 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 1 (Unique: 1)
Can't find the main thread for this game if there is one, but I noticed a post or two above about the game's IQ/playabilty. So guess I'll ask here if anyone on 2080 Ti or Titan RTX can play it at 8X MSAA & everything else maxed and not have it stuttering most of the time?

On my old Titan V (non sli) most areas were too choppy at those settings. But the Titan RTX, even on just a i7 7700 it's getting around 25-30 fps but can dip below 20 in a few areas. Considering the reputation for this game's 8X MSAA (in game menu option) tearing up the highest single video cards, the 25-30 is decent enough for me in order to get the amazing vividness, contrast and overall IQ of 8X MSAA.

This is for when I'm in exploration mode which is most of the time when I play pc games so I'm willing to deal with less than 60 fps. I don't play the action parts much unless I have to in order to progress to explore new maps or levels.

To me 8X MSAA in this game looks noticeably better than 4X MSAA or other aa options. And here I can mention the Titan cards I've had and not be criticized as much for buying them for gaming as much as I would be in some other gaming forum websites.

Last edited by PharmingInStyle; 04-17-2019 at 05:01 PM.
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-17-2019, 05:01 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 526 (Unique: 297)
Quote: Originally Posted by PharmingInStyle View Post
Can't find the main thread for this game if there is one, but I noticed a post or two above about the game's IQ/playabilty. So guess I'll ask here if anyone on 2080 Ti or Titan RTX can play it at 8X MSAA & everything else maxed and not have it stuttering most of the time?

On my old Titan V (non sli) most areas were too choppy at those settings. But the Titan RTX, even on just a i7 7700 it's getting around 25-30 fps but can dip below 20 in a few areas. Considering the reputation for this game's 8X MSAA (in game menu option) tearing up the highest single video cards, the 25-30 is decent enough for me in order to get the amazing vividness, contrast and overall IQ of 8X MSAA.

This is for when I'm in exploration mode which is most of the time when I play pc games so I'm willing to deal with less than 60 fps. I don't play the action parts much unless I have to progress to explore new maps or levels.

To me 8X MSAA in this game looks noticeably better than 4X MSAA or other aa options. And here I can mention the Titan cards I've had and not be criticized as much for buying them for gaming as much as I would be in some other gaming forum websites.
ignore anyone that gets jealous about your ability to acquire things they only dream of, and choose to not work hard enough to earn for themselves.

trust me on this one, as pre-orderer of 3x GK110 Titans ( the first titan)

The original Titan Club thread was locked on a nearly daily basis for the first year the product was known of, & out. Pathetic how butt hurt lazy & broke folks get. Some day they'll figure out pointing that vitriolic hateful energy in a different direction would allow them to buy titans too!

My favorite one is being blamed for ever inflating cost of GPUs, as if it just started happening with Keplar...

Last edited by skupples; 04-17-2019 at 05:11 PM.
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-21-2019, 02:40 AM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Quote: Originally Posted by PharmingInStyle View Post

This is for when I'm in exploration mode which is most of the time when I play pc games so I'm willing to deal with less than 60 fps. I don't play the action parts much unless I have to in order to progress to explore new maps or levels.

4xMSAA or 8xMSAA would be something to see w/this game. 2xMSAA kills my 1080Ti. I wonder if the AMD VII is better for Mankind Evolved? It is an AMD title after all.
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-21-2019, 03:32 AM
The last VRM burner

Rep: 9 (Unique: 7)
Of you have i7 7700 with newest Titan then this CPU is your reason of stuttering.

PC for all
(18 items)
CPU
i7 5775c @4.2GHz/3.8GHz
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z97X Gaming 5
GPU
Sapphire Radeon RX580 8GB Nitro+
RAM
2x KHX2400C11D3/8GX 11-12-12-32-1T-250
Hard Drive
Samsung 850 Pro
Hard Drive
Toshiba HDWD10 (P300)
Power Supply
Corsair CS650M
Cooling
Raijintek Tisis + Arctic Cooling MX4
Case
LianLi 330X
Operating System
Windows 10 64-bit Pro
Monitor
Benq GL2250 80Hz
Keyboard
Corsair Strafe Red
Mouse
SteelSeries Rival 310
Mousepad
SteelSeries QCk Mini
Audio
Audio in Motion SC808
Audio
AKG K240 Studio 1st rev
Other
NZXT Hue+
Other
Mayflash F300
▲ hide details ▲

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in