I spent $1000 and im having problems!!! Please help i5 2500k - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

I spent $1000 and im having problems!!! Please help i5 2500k

post #1 of 67 (permalink) Old 03-18-2012, 01:07 AM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 0
okay guys i built a new pc and my comp keeps shutting down and blue screening me on games sometimes the only thing i have done is overclock the multiplyer to 39 from 33 ... so its a t 3900 ghz other then that nothing .... specs are in my description if you have any questions or need more info just post but like i said im a thousand in and its not stable ....mad.gif

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 67 (permalink) Old 03-18-2012, 01:10 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 151 (Unique: 139)
Quote:
Originally Posted by i5Phreak View Post

okay guys i built a new pc and my comp keeps shutting down and blue screening me on games sometimes the only thing i have done is overclock the multiplyer to 39 from 33 ... so its a t 3900 ghz other then that nothing .... specs are in my description if you have any questions or need more info just post but like i said im a thousand in and its not stable ....mad.gif

Ok, slow down, we can fix it, just:

1) Fill in your system specs.
2) Reset everything except your ram to default in bios.
3) Manually enter the ram voltages and timings into bios that your ram has on its package.
4) See if it's still crashing and report back.

Edit: In between steps 3 and 4, make sure you have installed the latest drivers for your motherboard from the website (not CD) and ditto for your graphics card.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wumpus go_quote.gif
gigaflops mean nothing.

but then again that is a lot of them.

post #3 of 67 (permalink) Old 03-18-2012, 01:12 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 27 (Unique: 22)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 67 (permalink) Old 03-18-2012, 01:12 AM

Spending a thousand dollars does not mean that your CPU is going to be magically stable even after overclocking. Throwing money at it is not going to make it perform any better, lol. It seems like you have a lot to learn, so back your overclock down to stock, and take some learning opportunity from here on OCN.
post #5 of 67 (permalink) Old 03-18-2012, 01:19 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 125 (Unique: 111)
^ yep need a lot to learn when overclocking, its usually the owners fault first then hardware or vice versa rolleyes.gif eitherway read and experiment, better yet asked for help, there are lots of people willing to help... just be patient
post #6 of 67 (permalink) Old 03-18-2012, 01:29 AM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

well i honestly didnt think u guys were gonna be this quick lol ... but okay lets slow down ... right now im going to fill out the specs and then ill let u know ... also i have done about 50 hours of research before i boutght so i know that this system is well built and i am a noob when it comes to overclocking thats y i went with the p67a board easy to overclock multiplyer and voltage right unless im missing something ... but ya thanks for the quick comments and ill calm down now lol thanks i was freaking out

post #7 of 67 (permalink) Old 03-18-2012, 01:31 AM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

also i have latest drivers and i might need to flash my bios ... i have the program from site i just dont know how to implement it ...

post #8 of 67 (permalink) Old 03-18-2012, 01:34 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 125 (Unique: 111)
here's one of the many link here in OCN in OC hope you can learn some, then per motherboard, there are clubs for asrock, asus, gigabyte, msi, etc club you can join ask what are the right way to do it and they are willing to help you start from scratch.
post #9 of 67 (permalink) Old 03-18-2012, 01:35 AM

We are a community that loves to help anyone in need. We will help you through this thumb.gif
post #10 of 67 (permalink) Old 03-18-2012, 01:39 AM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

i like the post and where could i go about doing this .... i guess what im saying is how do i join

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in