New gaming pc 1700 budget, need input. - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

New gaming pc 1700 budget, need input.

post #1 of 26 (permalink) Old 02-18-2019, 07:22 PM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 80 (Unique: 67)
New gaming pc 1700 budget, need input.

Hey guys, its been a couple of years since I upgraded my pc, but I came up with a list of parts for my new gaming computer, I will also be doing video editing, and photo editing with this pc, I will be recording gaming videos with a two pc setup, using the current rig I have now to do the recordings. I originally was wanting to make it 2k budget (USD btw) but the gpu I picked, I realized it only had one hdmi, and the monitors I have only support 1080p, and use hdmi/vga/dvi. So I lowered the budget a little bit, and would like feedback. Please don't hate I want to put RGB fans in it, I just find it aesthetically pleasing, and soothing, I know it sounds weird.

Here is my list, I am open to suggestions, its been a little bit, so I am not completely up to date with info on whats on the market now.
https://pcpartpicker.com/list/wLtwbX

If you come across cute ginger girls and have pics pm me them :3
<In my avatar, IDK but TheODDone gave me this one <33
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 26 (permalink) Old 02-18-2019, 07:31 PM
Kill Confirmed

Rep: 57 (Unique: 47)
You could swap out the h100i for a noctua nh-d15s or a dark rock full size air cooler and be better off.

With a little adjustment you can also have a 9900k.

If you can find a good sale an rtx 2070 would pair nicely with your build. Or if possible a GTX 1080 would be nice as well.

Personally I'd stick to 16gb memory total and put the remaining money into a better GPU.

post #3 of 26 (permalink) Old 02-18-2019, 07:32 PM
AMD OC'ing Enthusiast

Rep: 103 (Unique: 81)
You can clean that list up a little bit, aka, can go with little slower ram, can go with a slower cpu with more cores, things like that.

Ill try to make a list quick, but honestly, your setup you picked looks pretty darn decent.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 26 (permalink) Old 02-18-2019, 07:43 PM
AMD OC'ing Enthusiast

Here is what I came up with to save a little money while getting a little more storage.
https://pcpartpicker.com/list/xjPyNQ just over $1600 before any rebates or discounts.

Ill see about making an Intel version, as modern Intel setups will most likely produce more consistent performance, though they keep throwing memory patches left and right, creating MINOR slowdowns.

EDIT

Intel rig JUST under $1800
https://pcpartpicker.com/list/Dr9qfH

You do have room on BOTH my lists to cut down on SSD pricing, and on Harddrive size.

I do recommend a NAS-duty harddrive for editing, as it is rated for always on, and regular usage. Hence the WD Red recommendations on both

Last edited by mattliston; 02-18-2019 at 07:50 PM.
post #5 of 26 (permalink) Old 02-18-2019, 07:46 PM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 80 (Unique: 67)
Quote: Originally Posted by mattliston View Post
Here is what I came up with to save a little money while getting a little more storage.
https://pcpartpicker.com/list/xjPyNQ just over $1600 before any rebates or discounts.

Ill see about making an Intel version, as modern Intel setups will most likely produce more consistent performance, though they keep throwing memory patches left and right, creating MINOR slowdowns.
Hey thanks for helping me out, if I bumped it up to 2 grand budget, would that help? I can still do 2grand, I only bumped it down because the video card I replace was cheaper. If its not too much trouble, what would 2,000 budget look like? I mean if you think I need it.

If you come across cute ginger girls and have pics pm me them :3
<In my avatar, IDK but TheODDone gave me this one <33
post #6 of 26 (permalink) Old 02-18-2019, 07:51 PM
AMD OC'ing Enthusiast

Edited my post so both rigs are shown in the same post.

Bumping your budget up will allow a better GPU, as both my setups will enable great performance overall.

The intel rig WILL perform somewhat better. Not a game changer, but that is what YOU decide, not me!!
post #7 of 26 (permalink) Old 02-18-2019, 07:58 PM
4th gear

Rep: 308 (Unique: 235)
If you're gonna do RGB, might as well go big. http://www.lian-li.com/alpha-550/

AMD
(8 items)
CPU
RYZEN 1700
Motherboard
ASROCK AB350 GAMING K4
GPU
ZOTAC 1080TI REFERENCE MODEL
RAM
G SKILL 8 GIG (2X)
Hard Drive
WESTERN DIGITAL 250 M.2 2280
Power Supply
CORSAIR SF600
Case
LIAN LI PC-O10
Operating System
WINDOWS 10 64
▲ hide details ▲
post #8 of 26 (permalink) Old 02-18-2019, 09:45 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 57 (Unique: 52)
Here is my suggestion....

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/HBhDvn

Great middle point for what you are looking for.

Highlights:
1. 2700x - within 5-10% of 9900k in gaming depending on application of course but great encoding/video editing power for the money. You SHOULD hopefully also be set up for Ryzen 3*** processors if you should want to drop a new gen chip in wit ha bios update a year or two down the road.
2. 011 Dynamic - If not all of us members don't already have one we are all itching to build in one or get one for ourselves, especially if RGB is attractive to you.
3. Memory - Yes 32gb, RGB. However, you may get more stable overclock's and memory compatibility especially with Ryzen when running a dual dimm (ram stick) set up. This also leaves you the opportunity to grab another kit and go 64gb IF really needed for hardcore video editing down the road.
4. 970 Pro M.2 ssd, 512gb, one of the top NVME ssd's on the market for speed and reliability. 500gb SSD backup (you could even drop a 1tb model in if needed.) Yes, you could also grab a WD Black 3tb or something similar. But i think these 2 drives would serve your very well to start.
5. Thermaltake Riing RGB 360mm - Yes your dropping a bit more for the bling aspect rather than a dark rock pro 4 or even going custom but you have the peace of mind and ease of install while also getting more personal aesthetic opportunities with plenty of headroom.
6. SeaSonic - FOCUS Plus Platinum - 750w is plenty, especially for any 1 MONSTER video card solution and this is one of the best Brand/Models around. No need for more than 850w unless you want the opportunity to fully support SLI one day. If not this go EVGA P *** Series.

As always this is by no means a perfect solution but I see this as a better investment than the 1500-1600 range. It's another opinion to mix and match with a different perspective. This puts you on the X470 platform with Wifi.

Drop the extra cash for a 2080 GPU if you want. My advice??? Grab a used 1080ti here from someone trusted on the forum, run it a year or two for $500 and see how the market is then. Hell I have a Poseidon model I'm considering letting go. Get the most out of your cash.
Grab 3 More Riing RGB Fans for top exhaust to full out the case if you wish. I'd run the 360 AIO intake on side mount, and the 3 spare Riing fans exhaust on top for balanced airflow and dust mitigation.
Let me know if you need any more help!

-SGT

Cheers-cheers.gif
SgtGates
ninja.gifNZXT H-Series Memberninja.gif

Last edited by sgtgates; 02-18-2019 at 09:53 PM.
post #9 of 26 (permalink) Old 02-19-2019, 12:25 AM
Senior OCN Member

Rep: 2696 (Unique: 1603)
Dont buy a CLC cooler they are overhyped overrated overpriced loud and unreliable and you are better off with a good air cooler instead
https://www.overclock.net/forum/61-w...lc-cooler.html

Second you dont need anywhere that amount of wattage for a system with a single GTX 1070 and a good 550 watt PSU could power that system
And last there is a tempered glass version of the case the OP picked if you would rather have that

Seravee
(31 items)
CPU
Intel Core I7 6850K
Motherboard
Gigabyte X99 Ultra Gaming
GPU
EVGA GTX 1080 FTW2
RAM
Kingston HyperX DDR4 Savage 3000 MHz
Hard Drive
Samsung 840 Evo 500 GB
Hard Drive
Samsung 860 Evo 1 TB
Hard Drive
Seagate Ironwolf Pro 8 TB
Hard Drive
Seagate Ironwolf 12 TB
Hard Drive
Seagate Ironwolf Pro 10 TB
Hard Drive
Seagate Ironwolf Pro 12 TB
Optical Drive
LG CH12NS30
Power Supply
EVGA SuperNova G2 750 watt
Cooling
x5 Noctua NF-A14 FLX
Cooling
Noctua NH-D15S
Case
Phanteks Enthoo Luxe Tempered Glass
Operating System
Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit
Operating System
Windows 10 Home 64 bit
Monitor
Asus PG279Q
Monitor
LG 49UH750V 4K LED TV
Keyboard
Corsair Gaming Strafe RGB
Mouse
Roccat Kone EMP
Mouse
Roccat Sense Metor
Audio
Sennheiser HD 598
Audio
Onkyo TX NR646
Audio
Dali Opticon Vokal
Audio
x2 Dali Opticon 2
Audio
x2 Dali Opticon 1
Audio
Dali E12 F Subwoofer
Audio
Sennheiser HD-599
Other
CableMod E series PSU cable set
Other
CableMod LED Strips
▲ hide details ▲

Last edited by shilka; 02-19-2019 at 12:31 AM.
post #10 of 26 (permalink) Old 02-19-2019, 08:22 AM
AMD OC'ing Enthusiast

EDIT Using a high wattage power supply means upgrades in the future are easy, the power supply is more reliable due to less stress, and if plans for the computer change to some sort of monster overclocking multiple-gpu setup, they are set.

Quote: Originally Posted by shilka View Post
Dont buy a CLC cooler they are overhyped overrated overpriced loud and unreliable and you are better off with a good air cooler instead
https://www.overclock.net/forum/61-w...lc-cooler.html

Second you dont need anywhere that amount of wattage for a system with a single GTX 1070 and a good 550 watt PSU could power that system
And last there is a tempered glass version of the case the OP picked if you would rather have that

PLENTY of people have 5+ years on AIO/CLC coolers.

Keep the radiator and fans clean by brushing dust and grime off them regularly, and they dont tend to fail.

The newer the AIO/CLC, the more reliable they tend to be as well.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in