I5-3570 --> I7-9700K Upgrade - Page 2 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

I5-3570 --> I7-9700K Upgrade

post #11 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-09-2019, 10:19 AM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 0
Quote: Originally Posted by Moparman View Post
The 9600k was maxing in the mid 60s. the 8700k gets to about 73c running R15. normal use or gaming neither get over 63c
And thats with +-5Ghz? Wow
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-09-2019, 12:02 PM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Quote: Originally Posted by Moparman View Post
The 9600k was maxing in the mid 60s. the 8700k gets to about 73c running R15. normal use or gaming neither get over 63c

After some digging around, this might be what i need, how was the installation? i reckon its cheap cause of low quality heat pipes that can easily be broken

Also found it on Amazon, News egg doesn't have it on stock and its not worth buying anything from them, for me because they charge a lot for the shipping and the VAT(I live in Israel) https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...VCRPTZ06&psc=1

Last edited by TheCourier; 10-09-2019 at 12:06 PM.
post #13 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-10-2019, 10:51 AM
Avid Memer

Rep: 230 (Unique: 172)
Under what kind of stress? If you're talking about regular use (gaming, browsing, etc.), then your Hyper 212 will probably allow for temperatures into the low 80's while gaming. Depends on the airflow and fans on the cooler. I have an i9-9900KF in an FTZ01-E with a Big Shuriken 3. My temperatures spike in the low 80's during gaming. The i7-9700K would be easier to cool.

I would recommend trying things out with your current cooler and upgrading if you aren't satisfied with the temperatures.

El Diablo
(19 items)
CPU
Intel Xeon X5670
Motherboard
Asus Sabertooth x58
GPU
EVGA GTX 1070
RAM
Mushkin 6x2GB XP3-12800
Hard Drive
Samsung 850 PRO
Hard Drive
Samsung Spinpoint F1
Hard Drive
Samsung 850 EVO
Hard Drive
Toshiba P300
Optical Drive
Samsung SH-S203B
Power Supply
Corsair AX750
Cooling
Thermalright Ultra 120 Extreme
Case
Fractal Design Define R4
Operating System
Windows 10 Home 64-bit
Monitor
BenQ RL2455HM
Monitor
BenQ XL2420Z
Keyboard
Deck Legend - Fire
Mouse
Razer Lachesis
Mousepad
SteelSeries QcK Gaming Mouse Pad
Audio
Astro A50
▲ hide details ▲
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-14-2019, 07:09 AM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Quote: Originally Posted by chessmyantidrug View Post
Under what kind of stress? If you're talking about regular use (gaming, browsing, etc.), then your Hyper 212 will probably allow for temperatures into the low 80's while gaming. Depends on the airflow and fans on the cooler. I have an i9-9900KF in an FTZ01-E with a Big Shuriken 3. My temperatures spike in the low 80's during gaming. The i7-9700K would be easier to cool.

I would recommend trying things out with your current cooler and upgrading if you aren't satisfied with the temperatures.

Yeah, you're right, i wanted to see from other people's experiences to understand if my cooling might be enough or not all enough and i should replace it before even starting the CPU if see what i mean.
At first i thought im gonna need AIO cooling for OCing hid end CPUs like these and personally Im not fancy the idea of water in a electronics system no matter how closed/sealed. Also its more expensive then air coolers but actually not more effective(
)

The stress would be under gaming on 5Ghz mainly, what freq you have on those temps?
post #15 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-14-2019, 08:03 AM
Mr.4way SLI

Rep: 191 (Unique: 171)
Quote: Originally Posted by TheCourier View Post
After some digging around, this might be what i need, how was the installation? i reckon its cheap cause of low quality heat pipes that can easily be broken

Also found it on Amazon, News egg doesn't have it on stock and its not worth buying anything from them, for me because they charge a lot for the shipping and the VAT(I live in Israel) https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...VCRPTZ06&psc=1

The only Issue i have had was one of the 3 had a fan that was a little off balance and the Blue led's didn't go with the build colors so cut all the wires on the fan's Led's. As for the install it's pretty easy

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in