Playstation 4 PRO Thread - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

View Poll Results: Are you Buying a PS4 PRO?
Yes 87 55.06%
No 30 18.99%
Why Would I ? 41 25.95%
Voters: 158. You may not vote on this poll

Forum Jump: 

Playstation 4 PRO Thread

post #1 of 1298 (permalink) Old 09-10-2016, 07:29 AM - Thread Starter
Ladies, One at a Time
TheCautiousOne is on a distinguished road TheCautiousOne is on a distinguished road TheCautiousOne is on a distinguished road TheCautiousOne is on a distinguished road

All shapes and sizes welcome! This can be the thread to discuss the new PS4 PRO in all of it's glory, whether you enjoy it, buy it, want to preorder it, W/e you wish you discuss!

A link to current optimization on Ps4 Pro games 7/18/17

http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=1324251

Provided by Iardas thumb.gif

Newegg

Digital Trends Review of PRO.

http://www.digitaltrends.com/video-game-system-reviews/sony-playstation-4-pro-review/

Quote:
As long as you have a 4K UHD TV, running a game in 4K is very easy: The console will automatically scale your resolution to 4K when you plug it in, the same way it scales your resolution on the standard PS4.
Each game also requires a patch enabling 4K support. Prior to the console’s launch, there have been a very limited number 4K-enabled games, fewer than 10. That number is expected to grow — many developers have announced 4K patches are coming — but the timeline for those releases is not clear.

SPECS OF ALL CURRENT AND FUTURE PS4 MODELS

UPDATE/ 10/28/16

Quote:
The extra power will also give more clarity to the content you share. Using the “Share” button on the DualShock 4 controller, you’ll be able to capture 4K screenshots and 1080p videos at 30 frames per second, Sony told Polygon.

Will Update as More info is Provided.

FAQ By SONY
Quote:
With PlayStation 4 Pro our goal is to deliver innovation in the form of cutting-edge visuals and graphics while in the midst of the PS4’s lifecycle. PS4 Pro, which launches November 10, 2016, for a suggested retail price of $399.99 USD ($499.99 CAD), enhances PS4 games by supporting the latest in imaging technology through 4K resolution and High Dynamic Range (HDR), as well as smoother frame rates. Games that already look extraordinary on PS4 will look richer and more detailed, thanks to the more powerful GPU and faster CPU at the heart of PS4 Pro.

With more pixels, 4K’s higher resolution delivers graphics that are sharper and have greater detail than ever imagined. HDR enables visuals to look much closer to the way your eyes see the real world.
Some developers are updating previously launched PS4 games to add PS4 Pro support, while other developers are building PS4 Pro support into upcoming releases. At launch, you’ll be able to download patches for games – such as Uncharted 4 – which are enhanced when playing on the new console. Future releases that will have PS4 Pro enhancements built-in include Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare, Horizon: Zero Dawn, Mass Effect: Andromeda and Days Gone.

However, even if you own an HDTV that does not support either 4K or HDR, PS4 Pro still provides a number of benefits. All games will run in 1080p resolution, and some will even run in a higher or more stable framerate. If you’re a gamer that wants to be at the forefront of innovation, PS4 Pro is for you.
We also know a lot of our fans watch movies, TV shows, and videos on their PS4, so we’re working with our partners who offer best-in-class streaming services to build new apps for PS4 Pro. Netflix will launch a new app at the launch of PS4 Pro that supports 4K. YouTube is also developing a new 4K-compatible app for PS4 Pro.

From EuroGamer
Quote:
By pricing PlayStation 4 Pro in line with the original PS4's launch cost, Sony has realised that there's a certain price ceiling acceptable for a mainstream console launch, and while the omission of the UHD Blu-ray drive is a bad move for a device aimed at the higher end, more discerning user, it's clearly a business decision aimed at getting as many consoles into homes as quickly as possible. Keeping the price low also helps to address the key concern about the hardware, which is pretty simple: to what extent does it actually improve the visual experience? Before addressing that, it's worth pointing out that the relatively small price bump from PS4 to Pro means that even if you're buying just for more refined performance, excellent anti-aliasing and 2x the storage, you're still not getting a bad deal.

TCO
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 1298 (permalink) Old 09-10-2016, 08:35 AM
PC Evangelist
ZealotKi11er has a spectacular aura about ZealotKi11er has a spectacular aura about ZealotKi11er has a spectacular aura about ZealotKi11er has a spectacular aura about ZealotKi11er has a spectacular aura about ZealotKi11er has a spectacular aura about ZealotKi11er has a spectacular aura about ZealotKi11er has a spectacular aura about ZealotKi11er has a spectacular aura about ZealotKi11er has a spectacular aura about ZealotKi11er has a spectacular aura about

Any word how much more the Jaguar is clocked? Also really interest how PS4 Pro will play games that are not patched. Would be nice to get some 30 fps locked games.

Ishimura
(13 items)
Yamato
(10 items)
CPU
Intel Core i7-3770K @ 4.8GHz
Motherboard
ASRock Z77E-ITX
GPU
AMD Radeon Vega Frontier Edition
RAM
AVEXIR Blitz 1.1 16GB DDR3-2400MHz CL10
Hard Drive
SanDisk Ultra II 960GB
Hard Drive
Toshiba X300 5TB
Power Supply
EVGA SuperNOVA 750 G3
Cooling
Corsair H100i GTX
Case
Fractal Design Define Nano S
Operating System
Microsoft Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit
Monitor
LG OLED55C7P
Keyboard
Cooler Master MasterKeys MK750
Mouse
Finalmouse Air58 Ninja
CPU
Intel Core i7-6700K @ 4.6GHz
Motherboard
ASUS Z170 Deluxe
GPU
EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Hybrid
RAM
Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB DDR4-3000 CL15
Hard Drive
Samsung SM961 512GB
Hard Drive
HGST DeskStar NAS 6TB
Power Supply
EVGA SuperNOVA 750 P2
Cooling
Cooler Master Nepton 280L
Case
Fractal Design Meshify C TG
Operating System
Microsoft Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit
▲ hide details ▲

post #3 of 1298 (permalink) Old 09-10-2016, 08:38 AM - Thread Starter
Ladies, One at a Time
TheCautiousOne is on a distinguished road TheCautiousOne is on a distinguished road TheCautiousOne is on a distinguished road TheCautiousOne is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZealotKi11er View Post

Any word how much more the Jaguar is clocked? Also really interest how PS4 Pro will play games that are not patched. Would be nice to get some 30 fps locked games.

I will look into the info to see if I can find a spec on the Jag Processor... thinking.gif

EDIT: Here is a shot of all of the PS4 Specs

TCO
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 1298 (permalink) Old 09-10-2016, 08:40 AM
New to Overclock.net
taafe Level 1

The specs above are for the PS4 not the Pro. I cant wait for this and really think they will be a vast improvement over the PS4.

Days Gone looks good kinda hope its like The Last Of Us.
post #5 of 1298 (permalink) Old 09-10-2016, 08:42 AM - Thread Starter
Ladies, One at a Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by taafe View Post

The specs above are for the PS4 not the Pro. I cant wait for this and really think they will be a vast improvement over the PS4.

Days Gone looks good kinda hope its like The Last Of Us.

Picture removed and Updated with all PS4 Models. thumb.gif

TCO
post #7 of 1298 (permalink) Old 09-10-2016, 09:03 AM
New to Overclock.net
iARDAs will become famous soon enough iARDAs will become famous soon enough iARDAs will become famous soon enough iARDAs will become famous soon enough iARDAs will become famous soon enough iARDAs will become famous soon enough

We are gonna be so cool over the PS4 thread...

Damn peasents over there... redface.gif

iARDAs game giveaway thread
iARDAs game giveaway list
PSN: iARDAs
Origin: ArCeyDu
Steam: arda371 nickname ArCeyDu
post #8 of 1298 (permalink) Old 09-10-2016, 09:10 AM - Thread Starter
Ladies, One at a Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by iARDAs View Post

We are gonna be so cool over the PS4 thread...

Damn peasents over there... redface.gif

lachen.gif

I still own the PS4 (OG) of course though I am pretty sure I will let my girlfriend take it over (She still is rocking the PS3, More or less a netflix chic) So then I can upgrade to the PS4 Pro in all of it's fame and fortune.

I have been researching TV's over the past 72hours in order to get the best bang for the buck. I have a 50" Insignia 1080p 60Hz at the moment I paid 350$ For over 3 Years ago. The Flood took away the lazer that lets the remote work, so I will sell the tube for 100$ and Put it toward This guy.

TCO
post #9 of 1298 (permalink) Old 09-10-2016, 09:18 AM
New to Overclock.net
iARDAs will become famous soon enough iARDAs will become famous soon enough iARDAs will become famous soon enough iARDAs will become famous soon enough iARDAs will become famous soon enough iARDAs will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCautiousOne View Post

lachen.gif

I still own the PS4 (OG) of course though I am pretty sure I will let my girlfriend take it over (She still is rocking the PS3, More or less a netflix chic) So then I can upgrade to the PS4 Pro in all of it's fame and fortune.

I have been researching TV's over the past 72hours in order to get the best bang for the buck. I have a 50" Insignia 1080p 60Hz at the moment I paid 350$ For over 3 Years ago. The Flood took away the lazer that lets the remote work, so I will sell the tube for 100$ and Put it toward This guy.

TCO

Yeah man throw that PS4 away, give it to your girlfriend or burn it... Its so 1940s... biggrin.gif

I am also thinking of grabbing a 4K TV. Probably in 2017 though.

iARDAs game giveaway thread
iARDAs game giveaway list
PSN: iARDAs
Origin: ArCeyDu
Steam: arda371 nickname ArCeyDu
post #10 of 1298 (permalink) Old 09-10-2016, 09:28 AM
New to Overclock.net
taafe Level 1

I just hope its quieter than the slow boring mediocre PS4. Altough looking at the size of that thing it seems loud biggrin.gif

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in